FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

photoshop websites

1337Bender
If you make a Website in photoshop how do you get the html for it so you can host it.
do you convert the .psd to html?
someone plz help me
Dragate
usually, when you install photoshop, it comes with a programm called image ready. If you have all the slices cut out, just go to file->save optimized and it makes the html and all the images for you~

enjoy

image ready also lets you create roll overs~
sbel
isn't that only for a sliced up image or banner? what about a real psd website template? im not sure how that works either. is that even possible?
dzign
In my opinion to use Photoshop for design the website:

1. To get the visual idea how the website will look like at the end
2. Help designer to start thinking how to code in HTML ( & CSS )

The way I do my web design usually is started with:
1. Sketch on the paper ( The reason is sketch is easy and fast )
2. Once the idea has been decided, I start making the design in Photoshop
3. Slice (Using slice tool) the finished design either at Photoshop or Image Ready
4. At this state, we will have options either to save the sliced images only, so we'll be hand-coding the website by ourselves or let Photoshop / Image Ready makes the HTML for us
5. I would choose to slice the images only, and hand-code the HTML by myself because I will have more control in doing coding

I will rather to use HTML as the content of the website, and use CSS to control the presentation

Hopefully this will be some helps
zplitstonez
hello 1337Bender. here are my steps:

1st:
you design and make your layout in photoshop.

2nd:
you slice your layout, using the slice tool, be sure to fully slice your layout,

3rd;
after you fully sliced it, go to File, then click save for the web, or you can press Alt F + W.

4th:
enter you desired save as name, with .html file extension at the end of you file.

5th: in the save as type: choose images and .html.

6th: click ok.

7th: you're done,
you can layout your page on dreamweaver.

I hope it could help you.
budazz
your question is been answered... just be sure......you get the highqulity images... and i suggest that edit it using dreamweaver... so you can debug any browser compatibility issue.........
munkey_boy
Go to http://www.rafidhasit.com/ and navigate through the site to the "Tutorials" page. Then download his Photoshop slicing and coding video tutorial. It is very detailed and helps alot.
z0rk
www.planetphotoshop.com is also a good one. Using websites like this have helped me learn how to use photoshop. You simply just google what you want to do, hope to find it, and then emulate it. Remember the skills you learn, they are helpful for future projects.