FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Napoleon Dynamite

gnas
This is amazing the basic life of a geek which is actually a really good story
Monkeydog
I hate this movie its just so stupid and not even that funny :/
Camel
It won MTV Video Awards 2005... Sad

I've watch trailer, and I thing it's not so funny after all, and MTV sucks...
yule
Not just? Can return the award? What award is got? Surprised Surprised Surprised
homg
this movie is pointless and not funny.
engel
blah, i enjoyed it, i love pointless movies and i am glad that it won that crap
nakamaru
Camel wrote:
It won MTV Video Awards 2005... Sad

I've watch trailer, and I thing it's not so funny after all, and MTV sucks...

Yes MTV sucks majorly but this movie was good. It seems dumb and pointless the first time you watch it but the 2nd time through is funny as hell.
Mona
This movie sucks.
celebrityaddict
its funny if you watch it with a friend the FIRST time...if you watch it alone the first time or watch it again with a friend the second time you think it's stupid and pointless...which it is.

It's so stupid and pointless that gives off a funny vibe. Some people find it laughable other people want to gauge out their eyes afterwards.

Meh...
boringest
yeah..it's really boring...I don't see why the critics say it's so good!
meangurl
i can't even understand the complication with the movie... i watched it with my cousin and we were like.. DUH... what kind of movie was that? seems like low-budget films are even better... anyone who like it... please enlighten why you like it.. i just can't understand why it's very good for others Rolling Eyes
kain
I also think it's just plain stupid. Sure I got a few laughs out of it but there are much better funny movies out there. Plz don't waste ur time!
impronto
this movie is really, good. u have to be under 25 to understand it.
SamuelCraft
I thought this movie was pretty stupid! I mean I didn't even understand the point of the movie. I think it was just a waste of money and could of been used to make a better movie.
Monkeydog
impronto wrote:
this movie is really, good. u have to be under 25 to understand it.

I'm 15 and I hate it...I think everyone who posted at this topic is probably under 25...
you probably have to be on something to like this movie Confused
memsa
I must agree that I do not understand the motivation or entertainment value of this movie.
frozenecko
I think this movie is rediculously funny! Just the whole aspect of a dorkwad of a kid like that, its just so funny because I used to live next door to a kid that looked just like him! and acted just like him! hehe, me and my room-mates have made a ritual out of drinking beers and watching that movie every weekend. It is a good time. People just think it sucks because it became mainstream. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
ChosenOne05
This movie I thought, wasent very good. I did not like it much, but what can you do. I love Blade Trinity, I though it was one of the best movies ever made. Besides to bad there done with the blade movies becaues the action in them was cool as hell.
twiggy
meangurl wrote:
anyone who like it... please enlighten why you like it

i like it cuz is stupid and i love that kind of shit haha
izimngcubes15
Monkeydog wrote:

I agree. Confused I don't find any kind of huimor from this movie at all, and somehow other people do. A lot of people seems to like this movie and the guy who plays it became very famous, for the first-time actor. Hmmm, well that's my opinion.
twisthigh
When I watched the movie I never laughed once, but then when I got to school and started joking about it with my friends and saying quotes in his voice, I could not stop laughing, I swear I would almost wet myself! So yeah, the movie's not too great, but the little one liners kick a$$ !
AnGeLicK
Monkeydog wrote:

i totally agree i didn't really see what was so great... my high was nothing compared to that... but then again i wasn't a geek so maybe it wasn't the right perspective
vengeance
is there actually people out there that act like napoleon?? I dont think thats possible....
the_furious1
To all the people that are saying that Napoleon Dynamite is pointless, let me tell you what the point is. The point is that there is no point! You should not watch this movie to find a point because you are not going to find it, you should watch this movie to laugh! Only then you are going to think that the movie is funny and you are going to laugh like you never did before. Or maybe not.
gh0stface
The first time I saw this movie, I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Of course, at the time I was extremely drunk too. However, after watching it a couple of times while sober, it is such a great pointless stupid movie.

The movie is pretty bad, but the many one liners make up the movie along with Napoleon's dance scene.

The movie is also a lot more enjoyable when you watch it with a bunch of friends.
kain
dumbest movie ever glorified. (Notice I said glorified b/c there have been plenty other stupid movies made that got no attention whatsoever) If you guy this movie, well just don't do it. It'll make you cry b/c it hurts to watch it.
Twikki
it's an alright film

Last week japanese scientists planted explosives at lake loch ness to BLOW nessie out of the water
KungFuChris
Even watching this drunk I just didn't get any of it... maybe it's because I'm from the UK.

I was watching it with a group of people while I was over in the US and while they were watching it for the um-teenth time and almost rolling on the floor laughing, whilst I just stared blankly at the screen.

Either I was missing something from the whole thing or I was with the wrong crowd!
Twikki
nah im from the UK and I loved it!
KungFuChris
Twikki wrote:
nah im from the UK and I loved it!

Maybe it's just me then... I've always been a bit of a strange one Very Happy
Craneses
gdfg
gh0stface
KungFuChris wrote:
Even watching this drunk I just didn't get any of it... maybe it's because I'm from the UK.

I was watching it with a group of people while I was over in the US and while they were watching it for the um-teenth time and almost rolling on the floor laughing, whilst I just stared blankly at the screen.

Either I was missing something from the whole thing or I was with the wrong crowd!

You have to enjoy stupid random humor that sometimes doesn't make sense. Which is what this film is pretty much what it's about. Stupid random stuff.
wanroij
I saw this movie last saturday. It was very pointless but very funny because it makes no sense. He is such a nerd. Laughing

Funny Movie Razz
Twikki
Craneses wrote:
this movie is ok but its kinda gay theres like no point to it.i dont knoe y it got picked best moive of the year. Shocked well gtg bye Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Arrow

yeh I hope they make a sequel which makes more sence
avblue
Hah aw, I thought this movie was amusing. Razz

Jon Heder (the guy who played ND) was on SNL last night. They did a spoof on the movie...it was good. Razz
JoeCool
I completely agree, This is the dumbest movie ever. I watched it all the way through,<amazingly> i almost turned it off, but yet again There are other movies that you just don't see how they ever even got funded, because they are so lame! This one though, it is the worst I have ever seen... One of the reasons this movie become so popular because a group of retards decided it was cool, and so more people watched it and the really didn't like it, but yet they reccomend it when around the "retards" because they want to fit in on the discussion, so more and more people watch it and are afraid to turn it down cause so many people are talking about it and how funny it is.

A bunch of F****** retards...

Srry I feel better now, I have been waiting a while now to get that one out of my system.
Hippie
Now I enjoyed this movie, but i can't understand the absolute mania some people have over this. I swear I can't go an hour without hearing someone spew some dumb quote from it. Anyone here know those people whose main topic of conversation is this movie? People that are PHYSICALLY UNABLE to go longer than 15 minutes without saying "I caught you a delicious bass"???? Drives me crazy.....
atomictoyz
There are two distinct camps on this movie. I am surprised that nobody has noted it?

The people who dislike the movie because "it's stupid" or "it didn't make sence" are those who are possibly smart but not very observant of the different social groups in a school. Also the if you were born before and after a certain decade the movie represents you would miss all the subtle humor. If you were in high school (grades 7 through 12) in the 80's this movie should be funny.
Most of the people I know who hated the movie were the popular ones who were so stuck on themselves they were the instigators of class warfare. The People who get the movie are the Napolean Dynamites and Pedro's of the world.

Rock on Pedro,
Atomic
damj
Quote:
If you were in high school (grades 7 through 12) in the 80's this movie should be funny.
Most of the people I know who hated the movie were the popular ones who were so stuck on themselves they were the instigators of class warfare. The People who get the movie are the Napolean Dynamites and Pedro's of the world.

Bingo. I graduated high school in 1986 and wasn't part of any of the established cliques. I thought this movie was funny.

My 7 year old likes it too. One time he threw some meat at my head like Uncle Rico did to Napolean. He was so cute that I couldn't get mad at him.
otaku
It's your own opinion.

I like this movie. It's really funny.

I'm part of the band clique.
DJCognizance
This is a tricky one. The first time i watched this movie i was struck by how original it is. It was hillarious the first couple times i watched it but after i heard everyone in school say every punch line every day for the next 6 months, it got a little old. Oh how the mainstream can ruin anything these days:(
Jon82Brown
i just saw a special on it today there is actually places like the cut n corral and everything there is really a happy hands club that makes this movie so much cooler i mean i new it was based on a true story but they might as well of went around fallowing napoleon witha video camara its so real
arianaenholm
Like everyone in my school was obsessing over it so i watched it and it was so flippin stupid that it was good in a way but i was falling asleep have the time. The funniest part was when that guy threw the steak at napoleon! ha it was great!
roonilwazlib
i absolutely hated this movie. it had no plot, and wasn't even that funny.

probably what ruined this movie for me was i saw it after i was around the multitude of people who would walk around quoting saying "your mom goes to college" which, believe me, got rather annoying after a while.
dark_paladin
That movie is one the most "retarded" movie ever made, but that is what makes it special: the plot is outrageously simple (or you may consider it no plot at all). It shows the life for the mentally-challenged ppl. It makes me laugh cuz everything just goes as I expect it to, which makes me feel a bit abnormal too.
kam311
The first time I watched it i thought it was kind of stupid, but then i had to watch it again because it bugged me. Then again and again...now i think it's the greatest movie ever. Wierd...
Mika109
I watched five minutes of the movie and I think I'm 10% dumber. I don't see how anyone could watch that movie and think it's at all funny.
chandelier1993
I liked the movie, but it would be ALOT cooler if everyone didn't repeat every phrase from the movie all the time. Other than that it was a funny, and originalmovie.
Masochistic Tendencies
This movie was made for people who were either lacking in brain cells, drunk, or so stoned they saw amusement in it. The movie was totally worthless. It's was just randomness and not even in a cool way. I'd rather sit at home and watch the damn grass grow then sit through that movie again. >< Evil or Very Mad What a waste of time....Two hours of my life gone and for that.
squeakypants
great movie but its gotten so popular that i can't stand hearing people talk about it, since people just laugh at how he's a dork instead of laughing at the real jokes. It's like how people like south park just to see kenny die every episode. if this had happened to clerks (the biggest indy film ever), i'd hope kevin smith wouldn't release the sequels.
damj
squeakypants wrote:
great movie but its gotten so popular that i can't stand hearing people talk about it, since people just laugh at how he's a dork instead of laughing at the real jokes. It's like how people like south park just to see kenny die every episode. if this had happened to clerks (the biggest indy film ever), i'd hope kevin smith wouldn't release the sequels.

I wish Kevin Smith didn't release sequels ... Laughing Mall Rats was possibly the worst movie ... ever!!!!
dcshoes23
The movie overall was vvery stupid and I don't think it really had a story, but it was still pretty funny. Plus there are a bunch funny of catch fraises like, "you idiot!" and "dang"

Thanks
serazat
Napolean as an introverted high school kid with a like for "tots", drawing fantasy creatures and animals, and telling implausible stories has actually no talents. H ejust seems to be a screwball yeah it's a dumb story the first time you see it. I have not seen it the second time but seriously guys the movie deserved Best Musical Performance for NP's surprising stage performance.One more thing what do you expect from a high school kid who lives with a geekish brother and has a screwball family people are the product of the family and environment they are raised. For those who have not seen it yet I would recomment that they should see nit. There are cinema fans in this world who call "Third Man" is the best movie ever made so while there are such cinema lover sand we respect them why don't we repsct NP lovers? I say go for it and watch.
djsamsung
this movie is pointless and stupid. but it's funny coz it shows you part of an 80's nerd/freak high skool life.

go pedro! if u're young you'll like this movie. hahaha
triggerhappy
i like that naplen dymamite it was funny and pointless naplen dymamite was cool but naplen dymamite had no storyline and naplen dymamite was the only movie a fell asleep half way through but i like the middle of it did not see the end cus i fell asleep again before i could Very Happy
sbel
It's so pointless. But he danced pretty awesome for an introvert like him. I guess he played the same character in the new movie BENCH WARMERS. But i had some good laughs with this movie Very Happy
Dean_The_Great
Everyone seems to be agreed that it's pointless... and it is. But it's through its irreverant humour that it becomes hilarious. It took me awhile to start to get it. But by the time that bit at the end of the credits came around, I was hooked.
djsamsung
Dean_The_Great wrote:
Everyone seems to be agreed that it's pointless... and it is. But it's through its irreverant humour that it becomes hilarious. It took me awhile to start to get it. But by the time that bit at the end of the credits came around, I was hooked.

hahaha...that got me hooked too
JoeFriday
possibly the most overrated movie ever made.. for those who enjoyed that crap, you might also be interested in "Pecker"

see "Ghost World" if you want to see a 'geek movie' that's actually worthwhile
henrygl
Amazingly pointless

I wasted two hours of my life...I kept looking for symblosim but soon went crazy...

low budget
low actors
low quality

AHHHH NEVER WATCH THIS!