FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody intending to buy Windows Vista when it comes out?

Davidgr1200
Considering all the problems with DRM which Microsoft are having is anybody intending to actually buy Windows Vista when it comes out? I'm going to try and keep my current operating systems (W2000 & WXP) and try using Linux as much as possible. I don't want to have to keep buying new copies of Vista every other time I upgrade my PC or because Microsoft's software thinks my copy of Vista is not valid.
Kyraxe
I'm still on the fence about it. I am running XP now and have been pretty happy with it. On the other hand I game a lot and not having DX10 in XP is going to suck... I wish Lunix was an option but I just can't play as many games. Sad
Aless
Probably not...it's just going to be the same as every other Windows operating system: crap!
bartdou
at least up to now I don't think I will, it's too gorgeous, I don't like
scotty
I'm going to buy a mac I think. Seriously I barely ever play games any more so why not get one, they look cool. Who's got some links to reviews of Vista I haven't really looked at it much.
neji
I don't think i gonna buy it when it comes out.
Normally tomorrow or next week i will went after my new pc and will wait with buying Vista untill it's a time out. (so you know what are the +'s and -'s).

And if you would like the skin of vista e.d. You always can use something like Windows Blinds! Surprised (i'm using it Very Happy)
Srs2388
I'm with scotty....
I have seen vista... it looks good but i can gaurentee its a resource hog... to even run it at all you'd have to have an exellent machine with at-least a 3Ghz processor and 1GB of ram.... mine doesn't make the cut =p
oh well...
Hogwarts
Srs2388 wrote:
I'm with scotty....
I have seen vista... it looks good but i can gaurentee its a resource hog... to even run it at all you'd have to have an exellent machine with at-least a 3Ghz processor and 1GB of ram.... mine doesn't make the cut =p
oh well...

Hmm.. I've used the beta on my laptop, my 1.6ghz Celeron which had 512 megs of ram then. And I was able to play Guild Wars without lag.
seanooi
don't think i'll be buying vista. I heard the requirements are quite high so i guess i'll be sticking to XP for quite awhile. Laughing
Animal
Rolling Eyes Please search before posting.
Rolling Eyes Please read the stickies.
Rolling Eyes Please use the official threads.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-6758.html

-close-