FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Very Simple On Site Editor

cr3ativ3
I am trying to find a WYSIWYG browser based editor that is built into a content managment system very simple one not like Joomla. Simply select the file you want to edit and it opens in the editor also it needs to be free and if you can't find a content managment part just the editor is fine I have been searching for ages no luck so far.

Here is a java example of the editor I meen I also don't care if its java as long as it lets me edit the pages in and in the directorys in my public_html directory on my site. Like a ftp offers.

That is an online java applet editor for a web host my schools site uses I am trying to find something like that but for my class site I have a members system set up on it that I want to stick a editor like that into I am trying to find one of those editors.

Thanks I hope someone can find something for me soon...
kv
try www.fckeditor.net
cr3ativ3
Ok, This looks realy cool only I am a having a few issues how do I get it to save the files up a directory so it saves to the root of public_html not inside FCKeditor.

Also how do I get it to open files from my server and save them. Because it doesn't contain savedata.php file like it shows on there website anyhelp here is greatly appreciated.
kv
You can use php to do this. Read your file from server in php and pass the data to fckeditor to edit. On submit/save, you can grab the modified data and save it back to file. (File name can be passed in hidden element in the form).
cr3ativ3
Ya I guess I could I am just a newbie to php would it be possible to show me what I need to do like give me the code and file names for it. Thanks So Much!

I might even add in some frih$ for the scripts.