FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Zero-sized reply - error

Jaan
After I use my site for some time, it erratically goes down on me, with a "Zero-sized reply" error, then after a few minutes, it's back to normal.... is it a normal problem? Or is it just my router/PC phreekin.....
Thanks heaps guys.
SpellcasterDX
I don't get it. What error is that? I've never heard of it. Confused
Jaan
Dunno but it was there, but here's another semi-repetitive one.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2994/erordx1.png
Thanks.
Marston
Check out the little message at the bottom of that error screen... Obviously the error is incorrect, so I suggest you contact your Cache Administrator and see whats up.
ChrisCh
The error message you're seeing is from a program called Squid - it's a program you run on servers so that all internet activities are sent through the proxy server... Lots of reasons why this happens, but more specifically about your error:

The error you showed a screenshot of was squid error 111 - connection refused. This happens when the proxy server can find the web host, but cannot connect to it (ie. when Apache restarts). My ISP uses squid and this is the error I get when Apache is restarting.

As for your "Zero-sized reply" error (... error 104 i think???), I usually get those when trying to login to my webmail... I found it happens to me if I accidently click the submit button twice... So just let it time out, and if it doesn't work, wait a few minutes and try again... usually works for me Smile If this doesn't work, just check that your local firewall isn't filtering HTTP packets and blocking those that dont have the Host request within the first packet. Smile

If u have any more questions about proxies or squid errors, just swing them this way Smile
Jaan
Cheers for the reply Chris. Yeh, probly just an ISP proxy issue... and it times out in a few minutes, just annoys me sometimes.
Thanks man.
Daniel15
Are you using TPG Internet by any chance? From my experience, their transparent proxy servers sometimes have problems. Try using another proxy, and see if that solves the problem (take a look at the TPG proxy list I posted at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=493725)
ScytheMassakur
What if you are using a military server? I was trying to log on to FF.net when I got the same error.