FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oldschool Gaming Fanwork Site

Scott
First of all, by oldschool gaming fanwork, I mean fan-games, art, writings, etc. But that doesn't matter too much now, this is only the design of the site.

Alright, there is no actual content posted yet, but I need some opinions on my layout, loading times, etc. Especially if there is anyone with 56k, I would like to hear your loading time for the site. None of the black text will actually be seen on the site in the final version, that's only palceholders.

I don't claim to be a great web developer, so be easy on me Smile .

http://www.sgn.frihost.net/
Nirotu
Wow i really like it. Very unique. The banner is simple and well done also. Cant wait for you to fill in the site. Keep up the good work.
skategat
nice man
Scott
Thanks for the comments guys, means a lot.
guitarstud101
Even the front page is fricken sweet - the simplicity of the design and images actually reminds me of old-school 2D games (not to mention that the banner contains the two most famous old-school characters of all time) Keep it up!
yjwong
It takes about 2 minutes to finish loading the page on a 56k line, including the images.
Scott
^That is very unfortunate, I have made the site a bit smaller now (About 90k) I have also fixed the link, it hasn't been working for awhile.
vickzhou
very cool
smart19
the design is very classic
i like it as i think it can express the feeling od playing old games
Grimboy
Nice, you might want to use pngs insted of jpegs.
Gozzgull
wow, very nice! Rolling Eyes Wink Wink
Scott
Grimboy, aye, originally I did use PNGs, but Microsoft doesn't support them and they show up a slightly different color in IE than in Firefox. I like having my sites consistent. Also I think the JPGs are a bit smaller.

Thank you all for the comments.