FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many registered users.

truespeed
How many registered users do you have on your site?

My site has been up and running just a little under 2 months and has 76,which isnt a lot but its a start.
Hobbit
www.bandoftheweek.com - 1,426

www.theblackparade.net - 1053 members(just over two months). 23490 posts.
truespeed
Hobbit wrote:
www.bandoftheweek.com - 1,426

My 76 sounds lame now,on your blackparade forum how do you do the "members online today" mod?
Hobbit
The phpbb site is down so I don't remember. All I remember is editing the .tpl files, well I don't remember editing any more. Haha and don't feel bad, I just picked a band with literally millions of fans, so some people had to register.
GameFreak
How, do you manage to get so many members?

Anyway, my Site has been up for around 2 weeks and I have 20 members with 251 articles.....that's a shame.
Hobbit
GameFreak wrote:

Anyway, my Site has been up for around 2 weeks and I have 20 members with 251 articles.....that's a shame.

I was testing a new strategy. I'll give out my secret. I simply 'pre-launched' the forum, and for a week people who got 10 posts would get a free email and become a vip member for free. I also didn't have a homepage, it just said the info about the pre launch and the vip membership.
Josso
37 on my forums I think but my main site isn't php based. I'd like to have a nice little user system for my site one of these days actually.
Shiva
Talk about a lame score!!

26 here Cool Well, maybe it's because I'm not using my site as a website that much.. more as a hosting location Wink
nilsmo
My site has four.. But they are all active posters.
roberpro
44 members, but its a clan about cs 1.6
datter
Lets here it for NONE!
GameFreak
Hobbit wrote:
GameFreak wrote:

I was testing a new strategy. I'll give out my secret. I simply 'pre-launched' the forum, and for a week people who got 10 posts would get a free email and become a vip member for free. I also didn't have a homepage, it just said the info about the pre launch and the vip membership.

Also, how did you get 1250 members to join up in the first place....I mean, did you have paid ads somewhere or something?? How did you advertise it??
ninjakannon
My forum started out ok[ish] considering i used 'word of mouth advertising' (basically I told a few of my friends and it spead to a few other people). As I said in my sig I got 33 users and over 1600 posts in 2 weeks. But that time it just died a bit - no, a LOT!
Now I have 46 users and 2159 posts. Days go by without anyone posting, then a few come and post.

I'm going to re-design my site and forum some time soon[ish] and actually put in some effort this time. I'm also still waiting for it to be indexed by Google.
Hunterseaker
I have about 254 Registered users on my forum, tho nobody is active....
They just register cause the renderpacks and a lot of them are bots.
On my main site I have just one member and he isnt active anymore to.
GameFreak
So, will this problem ever be solved? The problem regarding "Active Members".....
jayandsilo
http://houseoffilm.com

can anyone suggest why noone registers?
Daniel15
On my forum (started December 2005), I have 312 members and 2019 posts. My forum is mainly a support forum for SMFShop (a MOD I write for SMF).
scotty
jayandsilo wrote:

With your site I don't know. It's a shame really, your design is really nice (kudos if you actually made it). Obviously there is little point in somebody posting a film on your website when compared to posting it on YouTube. Obviously more people will see it on the tube and your site offers no significant improvement over YouTube. I suggest market / advertise it as increased free and high quality exposure to film makers. It might tempt people o use your website, but I think you need to work out what your niche or edge is over other videos site.
jayandsilo
scotty wrote:
jayandsilo wrote:

With your site I don't know. It's a shame really, your design is really nice (kudos if you actually made it). Obviously there is little point in somebody posting a film on your website when compared to posting it on YouTube. Obviously more people will see it on the tube and your site offers no significant improvement over YouTube. I suggest market / advertise it as increased free and high quality exposure to film makers. It might tempt people o use your website, but I think you need to work out what your niche or edge is over other videos site.

I guess every site has to start somewhere. On youtube one of the problems is that you don't really get seen unless youre a director or whatever, that and the crap video quality
GameFreak
Well, how do I get members for my Site?
http://www.notjustfootball.frih.net

And I want active ones...
jayandsilo
get a real domain name
Rako
i have three my account and 2 test accounts.
GameFreak
Rako wrote:

What's your Site?
reddishblue
Rako wrote:

Thats...just sad
dangquan
GameFreak
dangquan wrote:

I'll ask again?

1.) How did you manage to get so many guys to register?

2.) How many of them are active?

3.) How did you get so many active members?
tamilparks
17 members and 156 articles
SmartIcon
My site http://smarticon.co.nr has no facility to register members. I have stopped the development for a short time.

http://openidea.forumup.in has 57 users.
ninjakannon
SmartIcon wrote:
http://openidea.forumup.in has 57 users.

How come on there you have 57 members and only 17 posts, all by you; why have none of your members posted anything?
GameFreak
Well, thats the problem isnt it?

We get many members but no active ones! Cool
ninjakannon
GameFreak wrote:
Well, thats the problem isnt it?

We get many members but no active ones! Cool

Yeah I know, and it's quite an annoying problem too. But I can't see why 56 members can have posted nothing. You would expect at least 1 post from a few of them, maybe more than 10 from around 5 people. But having 56 people on 0 posts and 1 person on 17 is a bit crazy. Shocked
SFMeatwad
I don't have any forums. Just a web blog. With that, however, I don't have many people on it. Hopefully more people would visit. Smile