FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fantastico a crash Course

Simulator
OK I've tried everything. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO USE FANTASTICO
n0obie4life
ROFL?

Upload the programs you want yourself.

Fantastico is easy to use.

Click on that little ugly smiley face at the bottom of your cpanel. Select a program you want to install, then just click install Rolling Eyes.
Simulator
n0obie4life wrote:
ROFL?

Click on that little ugly smiley face at the bottom of your cpanel. Select a program you want to install, then just click install Rolling Eyes.

WOW NO WAY REALLY?????

Get real I'm not thick. I do that and then it just says that is cannot connect to the database
Texas Al
Ordinarily that happens when some little bastard launches a DDOS attack against the FriHost MySQL server... but whenever that happens it takes down the forum, so since you were able to post this in the first place I'm guessing "wait and try again" isn't the right answer in this case.

Your account may need to be fixed or rebuilt by Bondings or one of the admins. Of course if you posted the question at a different time than when you observed the problem... it might have been because of the MySQL thing, so... try again!
n0obie4life
Simulator wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
ROFL?

WOW NO WAY REALLY?????

Get real I'm not thick. I do that and then it just says that is cannot connect to the database

Really, its simple?

Someone attacked the SQL servers then. I managed to install my phpBB to exploit myself before 2.0.17 released.
Simulator
Ok......
This has always happened even when Bondings changed me to two different accounts
Texas Al
So even when you have a brand new account, and you haven't changed anything yet, and the first thing you do is go to Fantastico... it still gives you the database error?
Bondings
So, what do you want? Shall I recreate your account? And then install a phpbb forum myself on that account to prove it works? Wink
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
So, what do you want? Shall I recreate your account? And then install a phpbb forum myself on that account to prove it works? Wink

Ask him to install it manually Rolling Eyes
Simulator
Hmmm.... when I change my password for the Cpanel login does it change for the SQL too??
Bondings
Simulator wrote:
Hmmm.... when I change my password for the Cpanel login does it change for the SQL too??

Mysql has a different username than cpanel. It shouldn't change.
Simulator
so in the Fant setup do I enter in the username and password to the MySQL account?
Bondings
Simulator wrote:
so in the Fant setup do I enter in the username and password to the MySQL account?

I don't know what "Fant" means, but most likely, yes. Very Happy
Simulator
Add astico to the end of it.
So I enter the username and password to my MySQL account into the Admin Username and password?
Bondings
Simulator wrote:
Add astico to the end of it.
So I enter the username and password to my MySQL account into the Admin Username and password?

No, certainly not, it creates a new mysql database with a new password/username.
Simulator
Ya I thought so..... But what is wrong!!!!!!!
Texas Al
Have you at some point somehow changed the administrative password to your MySQL account?

From personal experience, I can tell you that if it's anything other than login = "root" and pw = "" (blank) you're going to have problems with a lot of different programs including phpMyAdmin.

I'm sure there is stuff you can reconfigure to make everything work again, but I eventually just put it back the way it was, because it wasn't worth it. Since by default MySQL only allows logins from frihost itself anyway, it's not as if someone from outside can hack you as easily as it might seem at first.

Are you having problems with phpMyAdmin also?
Simulator
no phpmyadmin is fine
but I can't log out of it