FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fantastico - which scripts/programs have automatic upgrades?

shigajet
Just a quick question before I make my website. I'm planning to use mainly WordPress (blog) and Gallery 2.1 (photos). I'm just wondering if both of these programs have automatic upgrades in Fantastico. If not, I may consider installing both programs manually (as I have done in the recent past).

Thanks in advance.
Bockman
Both are supported in Fantastico and are able to be updated through Fantastico, but if you don't have problems installing it yourself, i'd recomend manual install.

The Fantastico install is easy and problem free 99% of the time, but updates for Fantastico instalations are only available when Fantastico itself is updated. This means that some updates may come out on those programs and they wont be immediately available on your Fantastico. If you wish to maintain your programs up-to-date as soon as updates come out, manual instalation is the way to go.

Also, IF you install through Fantastico and afterwards update manually, you will break the Fantastico instalation log and it'll be hard to unistall through Fantastico (at least, not possible without some manual alterations of the logs).

Be Well Cool
mathiaus
As you are on server two, you don't have fantastico, so you will need to both install and update manually.