FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

lost is it going down hill

Whislter
what do you guys think of lost

i loved season 1.. 2 dragged on a little

now three is becoming really tedious

are writers just trying to drag on this show forever
and milk all they can from it

its quality not quantity people

let me know what you guys think
matrixuk321
i watched season 1 and some of season 2 and i thought it was a bit boring ! ( dunno why i watched it then Razz Laughing )
sergio_san_san
Hi,

I also liked a lot 1 and 2, but the 3 it is getting disapointing! I mean, they really seem to want to do 100 Seasons, because in every chapter you only get so few thing happening that it is starting to get boring.
Osprey
I'm on vacation so I didn't see the last episode but the one from the 18th was definately the wierdest one they've done so far. It has changed, it's hard to see where they are going with it, but I have faith that it will turn around. I was hoping that they would reveal a bit more about Desmond's ex-girlfriend. If you remember the end of last season, she was in the arctic somewhere and they registered a blip on some machine corresponding to the hatch implosion... They haven't gone back to that yet.
driftingfe3s
I haven't seen season 3 yet, (i'm saving a bunch of episdoes up so I can watch them all in one sitting) but from what I've heard its kind of dissapointing.

Whislter wrote:
what do you guys think of lost

i loved season 1.. 2 dragged on a little

now three is becoming really tedious

are writers just trying to drag on this show forever
and milk all they can from it

its quality not quantity people

let me know what you guys think

Towards the middle of second season I was afraid that they were going to do that, make it long as possible and milk it. I really wanted the third season to be the last so that the story didn't drag on and start go get stupid as they run out of ideas. Alot of good shows turned bad cuase they followed this forumula. From what I'm hearing Lost will start to follow that same path...
kyeniz
Well season 3 is only 5 episodes in and the long break is coming...

I find S3 alright so far and there will be a big twist in the next 2 episodes...

Lost storyline seems to pick up after end of year break... its like the first few episode kinda building the momentum Smile
cheh
yep i agree with kyeniz. i had the same feeling at the beggining of second season that it only complicates more and more and nothing is being revealed. it was basicly the same with season 1, but most of us watched it downloaded on our harddrives all at the same time, so we didn't get that feeling Wink

it is true that there's not as much action as in seasons 1 and 2, but it's all part of the developing "civilisation" on the island. in first season we had a bunch of confused losties living in tents on the beach. later on they moved to the caves, and in the 2nd season they already settled a hatch! in the 1st episode of 3rd season we can see that those 'Others' have a very tidy settlement that looks like a big city suburb. will they be flying over the island with jetpacks in 6th season or what? Razz Very Happy what i'm trying to say is that there's less and less 'wilderness' in she show and more and more civilisation.

and about the creators revealing answers - they told that Lost will have 6 seasons so i can imagine we'll get our answers when the writeres will want us too Wink but as you might have noticed, as the show continoues they keep giving us more implied answers, not direct ones. that means you have to think a bit to figure it out, it's not served to you on a plate. but i love that! Very Happy
HoboPelican
cheh wrote:
....and about the creators revealing answers - they told that Lost will have 6 seasons so i can imagine we'll get our answers when the writeres will want us too Wink...

LOL. Yeah, except that as we all get bored and stop watching, the network will ditch it and leave the show hanging. Like Surface. Like Invasion. No thanks. I gave up after the first show of season 3. It is just getting silly.
sonicj
I guess I am easily entertained, cause I am still enjoying the show.
Nigeria
I ALWAYS hated this show I never watched it but twice.

I wish they would have cancelled this instead of Invasion because that show was great.

I am pretty sure there wont be a season 4 of Lost it just cant happen people are starting not to like this show at all.

ABC needs to bring back Invasion because Lost is dead!!!
fashioncrimewave
yes, it is going downhill.

this is what happens when the creator delegates to someone else and starts a new project. see also X-Files & Millenium.
Pyro Man
I never saw lost apparently the plane crash was fantastic
Blaster
Its not relistic anymore. But i still like the show. It always has me wondering what is going to happen next. And it has you picking out the clues out of the shows and all. I still think its quite intersting.
mrblah
I don't know if anybody was a fan of Alias but it I think it was created by the same team and it looks like it's being handle the same way. The first two seasons of Alias weren't too bad and after the 2nd season it just got more and more complicated and ridiculous. I mean how many episodes are they going to drag out before they show how the "others" are getting stuff from the real world. The sad thing is that there isn't anything out this season to challenge Lost to move things along a little more.
dogert
I agree, Lost is kinda boring now. There is too much going on and they are so slow about it.
Indyan
I dunnoe, I am one of those rare people who loved S2 more than S1 because of the surprises and complex story. The low point was the middle few episodes (charley's hallucination episode sucked).
Last episode was a bit dissapointing, but other than that I found s3 episodes also fantastic.
Pyro Man
I was going to watch the first one just to see the plane crash and pyrotechnics, but didnt ever see it
kemosabi107
HoboPelican wrote:
cheh wrote:
....and about the creators revealing answers - they told that Lost will have 6 seasons so i can imagine we'll get our answers when the writeres will want us too Wink...

LOL. Yeah, except that as we all get bored and stop watching, the network will ditch it and leave the show hanging. Like Surface. Like Invasion. No thanks. I gave up after the first show of season 3. It is just getting silly.

Wow, youre strong. I cant turn my back on the show, it's got me under its spell. After missing 2 episodes, I would choke random people on the street asking them what happened in those last 2 episodes. Personally, I've never really gotten into any other television series, so I am sortof inexperienced. Anyway, its news to me, and disappointing news at that, that they're thinking of doing 6 seasons, and that the creators have kinda handed over the show to other peeps. Well, no matter, I'll always be interested in Lost.
Indyan
I hope they dont go for 6 seasons and stick to 5 seasons plan.
HoboPelican
kemosabi107 wrote:
wow, youre strong. I cant turn my back on the show, it's got me under its spell. After missing 2 episodes, I would choke random people on the street asking them what happened in those last 2 episodes.....

I was like that at first. I downloaded missed episodes and hit the web sites and worked on the number sequence. But for me it got boring. Each episode seemed to create more mysteries than were solved. Old things were forgotten about. I started to get the impression that it was all a scam to keep us watching and that the writers themselves didn't have a clue about how to pull it all together.

And it was soooooo slow and plodding. And I am not even talking about all the rehash episodes. The final nail in the coffin, for me, was the constantly stupid actions by the characters. I cant conceive of any group of people behaving like those folk. Simple example is Sawyer stealing all that junk from the plane. An normal group would have got him and beaten the tar out of him and taken it back. Barter for meds? Rolling Eyes

It might have one more season in it, but that is it. It will be cancelled without any resolution and I just cant see wasting anymore time with it.

I'm not knocking those who still watch it. I still fight the urge. I just hope you won't be too disappointed when it gets cancelled before everything gets answered.
sonicj
HoboPelican wrote:
Each episode seemed to create more mysteries than were solved. Old things were forgotten about.

This is the one thing I have wondered about.
funnyerror
I dunno... I don't really like it anymore. It's not the same... Before it felt like Cast Away, now it fells like The Young And The Restless.
And what about the polar bears?

-JC
deborah
The new characters' debut, Paulo and Nikki, was pretty lame.
dickyzin
Lost is getting boring. They drag on so much. But I still watch it, hoping something spectacular will happen. Confused
afriot
I use to love Lost, but when it starting showing these polar bears in season 1, the show "Lost" me.
Indyan
afriot wrote:
I use to love Lost, but when it starting showing these polar bears in season 1, the show "Lost" me.

The polar bear was shown pretty early. I remember it attacked the pilot and one of them was killed by Sawyer.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I didnt watch the 3rd season yet - but Im so excited in watch that.
cheh
well that's the thing i love most about Lost. that it's wrapped in mystery! it makes you think! they're giving out all sorts of clues and if you recognise them and understand them properly, i'm sure you can figure out alot of what's going on there! of course nobody's 100% right, or even if they are, how can we know. Laughing

about the action... it's the same in every season. the start of the season is a bit slow, but it gets wilder as the season continoues. i can't wait for the final double-episode big showdown! Very Happy

but where did you get the information that the creators handed the work to a new group of people? because if that's true, i'm sure Lost WILL start to suck! i'm absolutely positive that the reason why Lost is so good is J. J. Abrams - the mastermind behind lost!
if he stops making the show, it's really gonna become some boring serie with no ending, which i'm sure nobody wants to happen.
dachabre
Hehehe - I didn`t see all episodes of season 1 but I have friend who recorded it.... so I'll tell U for couple days. Very Happy
m_furquan36
I liked season 1 then season 2 became a total mess not making any sense anymore so yes lost has become more of a milk it for all its worth thing Sad
KoiboySG1
At the start of season 1 I have heard that there are 7 seasons in plan.

I was hoping for 2 seasons Confused
chrismen
I watched all of season 1 and loved it. Then, I started watching season two but didn't even get half way through. The show just got too unrealistic and unbelievable, not to mention boring.
tuncay
well wherever lost goes, people just follow and the directors are f***ing aware of it. People just wanna know what's next and if they don't make it better soon, I think more and more people will drop out.