FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to view Media Player in browsers (>25 fri$ up for gra

The-Master
I have a windows xp, use firefox and have never seemed to be able to view videos like this.

I have installed Windows Media Player 11 Quicktime latest, divx codec so why the hell won't it work.

Do I need a plugin for firefox Question
Do I need a new Windows Media Player Question

Please help. If someone helps and manages to sort my problem I will give them. 25 fri$ mabye more!!!
Indyan
They should automatically install the required plugins.
I didnt need to do anything special.
The-Master
Mine didn't. Crying or Very sad Do you know where I could get the plug-ins or how I could get it to work?
pozzler
I have a few hints that might help you to overcome your problem:
1. Run Windows media player 11 with regular avi file from your hard drive. If it doesnt run - that means your windows installation is corrupted (perhaps to many codecs). There is also a possibility that the media player was never launched and is not configured. If you do the configuration, that might solve the problem.
2. Upgrade Firefox to 1.5.0.7, or download new version: 2.0.

If any of the above doesn't work, hm... perhaps you have to restrictive firewall ?

Hope that helps.

Wojtek
otiscom
If you still have IE6 try that.
If this works it's firefox, try upgrade or search their site for info.
The-Master
Thanks for the help but video's play in my WMP and in IE the video's don't work either Sad
umeshtangnu
the active X control that u embedd in the media player plays only specific extentions so you should check out if that is not the problem
pozzler
You could also try upgrading your IE to IE 7. You can already download it from Microsoft Website, and if I am not mistaken, it will be shipped as a critical windows update in a few weeks.

Best regards

Wojtek
redice
There is a IE tab plugin for firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

Quote:

IE Tab - an extension from Taiwan, features: Embedding Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla/Firefox.

This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your webpage displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.

It may help Smile
blueray
May I make things clear a bit.
Video player works with wmp and does't work with IE and firefox, right ?

first of all, If you want play video on firefox, you have to download a simple plugins. Try it to see if work for your version of wmp. (I'am using wmp 6.4, win2000 version)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

second, can you describe how ie does't works ?

Thanks