FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with pages upgrades...

PomS
Really strange problem...

I have change all my menu adress link. i.e {a href="calendar.htm"}Calendar{/a} by {a href="phpraid/index.php"}Calendar{/a}

I have just change the underlined part. Saved and uploaded on my public html (erasing old one).
But when i browse my website, the update hasn't work ! Why ? I don't understand... Some page have the good link but some have the old one. Strange why the upload worked just for some page and not all ???

Have tried many uploads, with 2 FTP softs and with CPannel too. And yes i have change my links on all pages, checked carefully don't worrie.
Maybe a bug cause new link in .php and old on in .htm ??? But i don't see why. Please help me, it's boring and have no sense!
GameFreak
Well, if you used {a href="page.htm"}Page{/a} as your code, then it's completely wrong.

Tags are supposed to be like this: <a href="page.htm">Page</a>
PomS
I know it's < and >... I have changed fo the post. I was not sure if the post will read it in HTML or text that's why.

For the problem... It works now. Looks like it was a problem of time. I have tried to visit my website again and everythings work now. Maybe just a host refresh problem? I dunno.
Bockman
It was most probaly a cache problem and some of the pages you had visited were stored on cache (either from your computer or from your ISP) and showed the old links.
Most of the time, hitting refresh on your browser solves this, as a new (updated) page is requested and the cached page isn't used.

Since this is sorted, i'll just -close- the topic.

Be Well Cool