FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rate my layout.

rfwrangler
Hello,
I am working on a site for myself to promote my website development. I would like some advice on my layout. I am looking to add some features for people wanting to learn how to develop sites such as tutorial code snippets ect. Thanks for your help I am open to all suggestions.

http://www.rfwrangler.frih.net/
Dragate
Please post a link to your webiste so we can betterly help you! ^^
truespeed
His links in his sig...just click the broken image link

On the layout its ok,too many ads for my liking,the amazon takes up nearly half of the page,also the image text in the (lost password join now etc) login box needs to be a lighter color as its not very visable against the blue.
Kyoushu
I find the layout to be pretty bad and in need of alot of work. Once it loaded I had to take a few seconds to try and figure out where everything is because it's so sloppy and crowded. Everything is embossed. That was cool in web design in the 90's. The ads really bring down the design a bunch because they take up so much room, and the way you present them, makes them seem like they're a part of the content of the site. At least the page is Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict! Sad
GB
Wow, is this Amazon.com or a design company. It's a little hard to tell the difference. If you are a design company, don't have ads on your page as you are attempting to make money by doing graphic design.
The graphics are definitely 1990's vintage and unfortunately give off a bad clip art smell. All this to discover none of the links work.
Also, if you are a website developer, why do you have links to code snippets and other thing to help people make their websites? If they are coming to you to design a website, they want to see what you do. Give them examples of your work. Most of all give them plenty of reason why they need to hire you to get their problems fixed. After all, that is the main purpose, IMO, in web design: fixing your user's problems.