FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Account Acceptence time.

whoamifooling
Well I signed up for a hosting account a few days ago.. I would say speed up the time it takes to be accepted.
LukeakaDanish
I have to views about that - and their completely opposite:

1. Quit complaining - frihost is free, and waiting a week shouldn't be a problem.
  2. Faster response time would definitely make it easier for people to get started with frihost easily. Waiting one and a half week (which it took for me) for having your hosting application rejected because you didnt give enough detail isn't fun - and I almost switched to an ad-based free hosting supplier.

Whatever...
scotty
I don't think anybody should complain about acceptance time. Seriously Frihost owes you nothing and you shouldn't expect anything. I think there should be a time limit on how long you have to be here before you get hosting to weed out any unwanted people who just abandon their accounts.

There are enough non posting members (9,400 at my last count have never posted) none have hosting accounts of course but that stat just shows how many people just forget about things and that applies to the hosting aswell.

I've had a look at your input (previous 12 posts) and they are good, you look like you will be an active member of the forum and a good Frihoster. However, the impression I get is there are a lot of people who apply that will not use their account and don't really want it. They only clog up the servers and degrade the quality of service for everybody else.

I wish there was a way to accept people who are going to be good members instantly but there is no way to tell if a applicant is going to be a good member or not and thus the post limit and detailed application form is there to determine this. Also if the admins don't rush to accept the requests, only those who truly want it will be still waiting.
LukeakaDanish
scotty wrote:
They only clog up the servers and degrade the quality of service for everybody else.

Wrong. As Bondings has explained many times, a member who doesnt use his/her hosting account does NOTHING to worsen the quality of the hosting for everybody else.
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
a member who doesnt use his/her hosting account does NOTHING to worsen the quality of the hosting for everybody else.

That's not entirely true. It has no adverse affect for a user not to make use of the 250Mb - we have an entire server to ourselves, so that makes no difference. However, the more subdomains that are used on the server, the harder the nameservers have to work, and it can slow down the system. It's not a major problem until we have thousands of unused hosting accounts, but there's not no adverse affect.

whoamifooling wrote:
Well I signed up for a hosting account a few days ago.. I would say speed up the time it takes to be accepted.

Back to the topic though, ufortunately the way Frihost is run requires manual acceptance or rejection of a hosting request. This ensures that the forums remain relatively spam free and that the hosting accounts abide by the TOS and the law. Obviously, we'd like to be able to accept hosting requests the day that they're made, and in some cases we do. However at busy times, it can take a few days longer unfortunately. We hope that you guys can hang in there and then enjoy the world's best free hosting Wink

LukeakaDanish wrote:
Waiting one and a half week (which it took for me) for having your hosting application rejected because you didnt give enough detail isn't fun

Rolling Eyes Stop exaggerating. You applied on Mon 2 Jan and were rejected on Wed 4 Jan. That's 2 days. Not a week and a half.

So, question answered - we won't be changing the method of hosting account acceptance, and we can only apologise for the delays.

-close-