FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Copy

LYL*
I always use Windows, since the day that my father bought a computer.
And I always use the original Windows.
Two weeks ago, when I started windows session, appear a windows that was wrote something like this:
You aren't using the original Windows, so you aren't going to receive news from Microsoft
My windows it's original, what do I do?
LukeakaDanish
LYL* wrote:
I always use Windows, since the day that my father bought a computer.
And I always use the original Windows.
Two weeks ago, when I started windows session, appear a windows that was wrote something like this:
You aren't using the original Windows, so you aren't going to receive news from Microsoft
My windows it's original, what do I do?

I suggest you contact microsoft, and contact whoever you bought your windows from. It may, if your unlucky, be a copy without your knowledge.

How much did you pay for your windows?
surdy
are you sure the windows on your system is a genuine one ??
Ask you may confirm from the person from whom you bought the computer.
Did u get a branded one or an assembled one .....branded ones come with genuine Windows OS while assebled ones may have pirated copies
tony
yes - where did you buy your copy of windows from? other option is always, just use linux.
mikethm
It may be that the threadstarter is a victim of a bad retailer who sold him a pirated copy of Windows along with his system.

However there is also the possibilty that MS is at fault here. There are some reports on the internet that some OEM licenses have been wrongly classified as pirated copies by windows update site.

So threadstarter, you should check with MS with the details of your purchased system and license key... it could very well be just a mistake. I hope you don't turn out to be a victim of software piracy. Good luck.
JamesBond
usually, what retailers do, is that in order to save the cost of buying windows xp, they put a pirated windows in the system without the knowledge of the purchaser. by this they save the cost, and even make some profit. in my view, ur retailer has also done the same thing. contact ur retailer and ur nearest Microsoft Agency.