FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Men - help me understand





blue77
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?
honestman
Hi Blue, I probably agree. If I think a girl is hot and sexy then I definately want to get into her pants. Beautiful is about romance and it usually ( for me) is a way of telling a girl that she is attracive to me, but also that she is hot and sexy in a more respectful way.

Cute is fun and bubbly as you say but these are superb qualities in a woman and if you are around the same 'cute' female for long in can become a lot more jus on her personality. Cute can be hot as well in the right circumstances.

Does that help?

Jim
shinnoyami
This is an interesting topic. My boyfriend sometimes says that he doesn't want to be called cute, he wants to be seen as hot. do you think that cute, pretty/beautiful and hot/sexy can be attributed to men as well to women?

I never really thought about this before, i will take to attention when another guy calls me cute, hot, or pretty
benjmd
I don't think you're always just one of the three. However, it is true that it's easier to call someone "cute" than it is to call them "pretty/beautiful" b/c "cute" is a playful term and doesn't have to be taken too seriously. That doesn't mean I have told a girl she is pretty or beautiful without having romantic intentions. As for "hot/sexy," that is maybe the tougher of the three because you are essentially saying "you are sexually desirable" which is pretty straightforward. It can be said between good friends playfully, but otherwise is pretty strong.

If a guy is into you, however, I would expect he would use all five of those words at varying times. I definitely think pretty and beautiful at least can be terms describing someone who is more sexually arousing than the "hot and sexy" type because there might be more feeling there.
tingkagol
you forgot one very important thing---- "SMART".

she might be beautiful, but she don't mean a thing to me if she does not know how to add 2+2.

There's more to a girl than just looks today. she has to have a great sense of humor, smart, etc etc... I'm instantly turned off by no-brainers no matter how good they look like.
SyncM
This is for situation to situation.
If my girl is sleeping she is cute, dressed up for dinner beautiful, then she have the sexy eyes damn she is hot.

All is how the women act, dress and the mind set of the guys mind
ashok
SyncM wrote:
This is for situation to situation.
If my girl is sleeping she is cute, dressed up for dinner beautiful, then she have the sexy eyes damn she is hot.

All is how the women act, dress and the mind set of the guys mind


truth Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
Most women can be all of the above. As stated,

Quote:
This is for situation to situation.
If my girl is sleeping she is cute, dressed up for dinner beautiful, then she have the sexy eyes damn she is hot.

All is how the women act, dress and the mind set of the guys mind


Is very accurate.
TrueFact
well due to language vriations... and society variations too...

in the middle est you can't tell a woman or a girl that she's hot/sexy as this can get you in a serious trouble.

Pretty/Beautiful is the most decent word that can be used between friends and relatives to describe general beauty not the personality. If the girl is a stranger better not to talk to her at most regions and countries in the middle east.

Cute is between friends and relatives too describing the personality more than body or face beauty.

We deal most of the time with personality more than the beauty wether it's the body shape or the face. In other words judging the soul more than body.

Between guys when discribing a girl...
instead of sexy/hot we are used to say a sex machine to describe the most hot woman you can ever see and attracted sexually to that girl(word by word translation from arabic and not the exact meaning of course). Of coure due to the limitation of having sex in our society (only with your wife/husband) this is just dreams.

Pretty/Beautiful usually means "I wish to marry a girl as pretty as this girl" Adorable also goes here and this is a decent describtion too.

Cute and can add smart too to describe the personality of that girl and means you like to be a friend of that girl or may be hang out with her but mostly this is a dream too.

But don't think that girls in our society are untouchable. What i've said earlier goes in some places only where they have the very strict rules about girls and boys. But the main rule is "no sex with anyone but your wife/husband".
freakinlame
when someone says to you that you are beautiful, that is the best comment you can ever get. It means that the person admires who you really are, regardless of how voluptous you are or hor much assets do you possess. To be beautiful is to be able to look good without trying hard. Whereas fro hot/sexy, it usually means sexual attraction. A decent guy who really likes you won't say that you are hot/sexy because that will show that he disrespects your body and is only attracted to your physical appearance, and when that is gone, along gone is the love and feelings he has for you. To be cute is to be ugly but adorable. Meaning to say, you are not goodlooking, but somehow your looks can be adored and be appreciated. Many people often confuse cute with pretty. But these two are totally different. Smile
benjmd
freakinlame wrote:
A decent guy who really likes you won't say that you are hot/sexy because that will show that he disrespects your body and is only attracted to your physical appearance, and when that is gone, along gone is the love and feelings he has for you. To be cute is to be ugly but adorable. Meaning to say, you are not goodlooking, but somehow your looks can be adored and be appreciated. Many people often confuse cute with pretty. But these two are totally different. Smile


I disagree 110%.

When I tell a girl I like that she is hot or sexy, it is because I want her to know how much I desire her or that her sexy shirt really does look great on her. Because of my view on sex, I am not very compelled to tell a girl that she is hot or sexy unless I have a deep emotional connection to her. If you stop having physical attraction to someone, then you become just friends. Just because our bodies change over time doesn't mean we have to lose physical attraction, just rewrite the bases for our attraction.

Someone calling someone cute in no way means that they are ugly. Cute is just a much more versatile term. While the other terms mentioned here can't be used as well for someone you think is ugly, "cute" still can be used. But that doesn't make that it's exclusive use. But cute does describe an element of behavior or personality that affects the way someone looks, like after spilling something when they get that "oh bother" look on their face.

You are right that "pretty" is different than "cute" - I think this is because of cute's association with that particular emotional/behavioral response, whereas "pretty" is a little more independent of the circumstance/behavior/emotion.
JacobMrry
blue77 wrote:
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?



I like thick women . but if she's to huge to even even be seen behind her if n the same bed thats scary and nasty .
Rico
A hot and sexy chick you want to have sex with, someone you find cute you want to protect, cherish and nurture and then have sex with.
mike_phi
Hi all, mmmm my take on this situation is sort f a mix of the few other opinions. I really agree with the post that says one person could occupy each of these discriptions depending on the situation.

But I would like to give a bit more info on Cute, the way I feel if I look at a girl and get the feeling that she is cute I dont think of a bubbly character I more get the feeling of major attraction bonded with deep respect infact saying someone is cute to me actually is saying you are Hot Beautiful + that little extra bit we can put our fingers on, when I think cute I think love I think long time I think hug hold and fantastic, cut is good as you not only have managed to get someone attracted to you, you actualy might have someone who is truely in love with you physycally and as a person, so be carefull and hink twice when someone calls you cute it means more then any of the other catagories.

Hot sexy well I think this is just a catagory that is used to tell a cute girl that you really would like to ride her but strangely enough most/ all girls would rather have the hot sexy lable, I dont think this is the catagory you want some close to you to think of you as, becuse this person might only want to ride you and find you a total bore as a person I would say Cute and beautifal would be the catagories to hope for.

Good luck and cheers for now
JoeFriday
freakinlame wrote:
A decent guy who really likes you won't say that you are hot/sexy because that will show that he disrespects your body and is only attracted to your physical appearance

actually, there is some truth to that.. not to say that it's really true.. but there are both men and women who feel that way

as a general rule, I will never tell a woman that I've just met that I think she's 'hot' or 'sexy'.. depending on the situation, and my goals in that relationship, it would probably set the wrong tone.. also, if the woman really IS hot and/or sexy, she probably gets told that a dozen times a day by guys who think with their small head (which unfortunately happens to be a LOT of guys)

however, once there has been a mutual attraction established, then I see no reason at all not to express my opinion of a woman's looks.. but again, I only do it when I can tell she appreciates the comments

and yes, my girlfriend often goes from cute to hot to beautiful... often within minutes.. it's a condition of the situation and my feelings at each moment
moworks2
blue77 wrote:
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?


jeez blue, i like all those qualities...depends on the day of the week. Hot/sexy usually meant I couldn't bring her home to visit with mom and dad. That meant I really liked her. Lots of taboos there too. Risky. Love it.

pretty/beautiful...for me, hot and sexy without makeup.

cute...man, my first girlfriend was cute and pretty and hot and sexy all rolled into one. She made me crazy. I miss her.

M.
defnet
Well this discussion is kinda cool.

I believe that saying that a girl is beautifull and cute doesn't always refer to her physical attributes. Some part of it lies in her attitude.

I further think that sexy is not only about looking desirable.
I think that every girl can be sexy, using the right bodylanguage.
Sometimes, one may find a girl hot because of something she did (maybe something daring that you never expected from a girl)

It's all kinda complicated.
Cool
moworks2
defnet wrote:
Well this discussion is kinda cool.

I believe that saying that a girl is beautifull and cute doesn't always refer to her physical attributes. Some part of it lies in her attitude.

I further think that sexy is not only about looking desirable.
I think that every girl can be sexy, using the right bodylanguage.
Sometimes, one may find a girl hot because of something she did (maybe something daring that you never expected from a girl)

It's all kinda complicated.
Cool


yeah, yeah, totally agree with that...

M
afriot
The differences between cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy, based on looks alone, are the following:

Cute - Pretty face, but not drop dead beautiful. Might be a "all ameraican" girl that you can bring home to mom. As they say.

Pretty/beautiful - This would be a very nice looking girl, with a lot of nice features. Beautiful would be a term used for a women that meets all of your physical criteria and you wouldn't try to be romatic with her (if you were single).

Hot/sexy - You wold love to have 30 min to do everything you'd love to do to her! You'd love to "tap" that ass and that's about it. You can't judge everything based on looks. She may be hot, but she could be dumb as a rock.
xkobram
I would never say to girl she is sexy until she would like it...
defnet
afriot partially wrote:
...Cute - Pretty face, but not drop dead beautiful. Might be a "all ameraican" girl that you can bring home to mom. As they say...

Why american? Confused
For me it could be a girl from anyplace...
The Master DCK
well here are my standards


Cute: A girl who is attractive but i have no intention of relationship also said to girls in early relationship

Beautiful: A little bit in the relationship or if she really is really really beautiful

Hot/sexy: More of a in mind description until the relationship has really grown (other wise i usually get slaped in the face and the nails always hit me)
bonestorm74
It does depend on the guy sometimes as well. I know guys who would call a girl beautiful to get in her pants, if they thought it increased their chances of scoring. Let's face it, some guys will use any tactic they can to get some, including pretending that they are interested in more than sex.
QrafTee
blue77 wrote:
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?

I'm very attracted to those I describe as "cute" and "beautiful." Well usually both descriptions are for the same girl. On the occassion I find a girl "hot," it's just because she has the stereotypical American "hot" body (breasts, ass, and slim body). Do I want to get in her pants... well keeping my mind in tact, no. But in the off chance that my mind is put out of service, yes. I would.

Seriously, I find the cute and pretty girls to be most attractive. And those are mostly Asian females.
Drawingguy
Heh. All-american doesn't refer to the nationality really- it's more of a term used to describe a wholesome, decent person. In my opinion, though, hot/sexy is something more appropriate for a more exciting atmosphere, like a club, party, bar, whatever. Pretty/ beautiful is more of a relaxed-environment compliment. That's just when you're meeting someone, though. After that, it all changes.
supjapscrapper
blue77 wrote:
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?


zdrasti Very Happy

Well first of all, you girls should get this idea of your head that guys who think you are sexy just want sex with you .. I don't know what kind of men you meet with or you have in bulgaria, but I certainly do not think it is an immediate rel from saying you're sexy to let's get in bed Very Happy moreover I do assume that girls do need sex at least as much as guys and in some cases guys can control themselves a lot better than women, if they have the right education and "estime de soi".

on the other hand to answer your question, for me I do find "cute" girls a lot attractive to me" because of their smile, class, eyes, sportsmanship, intelligence or ability to make me laugh.... so I do tell a girl that she is cute when I see that she is very interesting and I would like to get nearer to her. A sexy girl can be anywhere and can also be cute without showing too much if she's not aggressively sexy. So normally I find sexy/hot girls nice things to look at, but nothingmore unless we talk and I find she has a personnality.

a beautiful girl is ... agirl.. all girls (almost) are beautiful, some more than others but I recognize I am a bit strange on this matter Very Happy
arkebuzer
blue77 wrote:
I know every opinion is different so I'd like to hear a few variations if possible - the more, the merrier.

Physically, a woman to most men is one of the three; cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy.

Often, I've been commented as cute. To me, cuteness is identified with wholesomeness or someone who has a bubbly disposition about them. On the rare occasions that men tell me I'm hot/sexy is when they are sexually attracted to me and just want to get in my pants. Pigs! (well, I can't blame them - they need to feed their desires) Then a male friend told me that if a guy tells a woman she is pretty/beautiful, he is attracted to her romantically.

So tell me - what is going through your mind when you find a woman cute, pretty/beautiful, or hot/sexy? Do men attribute different feelings or emotions to different physical characteristics of women?


I dont think you can make it that easy.
Itīs a lot about personality. I have a quite good looking girl in my class. If she would just shut up I guess I COULD cosider her as hot, but as soon as she opens her mouth she shows how extremely stupid she is, and thatīs really turning me of.
I dont think what you think of someone romanticly has anything to do with the looks like you said... after all thatīs about feelings, and no matter how beutiful someone is you cant be in love with her if she has a crappy personality. Or well, at least thatīs how I feel Wink
Cyberius
Hi, see, We the men have a diferent needs but our first reaccion is in general sex, sex ,sex, but not all the men are in that way, in the search of sex its logical that we want a girl tha look sexy and hot, but in search of a long relationship we need a girl that make us feel great, strong etc.

The real true is that you girls need to be patient and not to give you to we so easy because no one man want an easy girl for a long relationship.
AutoTechGuy
Hot/Beautiful - Typically a physical only attribute. The "supermodel" type you expect to see on a calendar. Typically out of everyone's league, not real bright, and hard to hold a conversation with. 90% of the time the chest is fake and the makeup is applied by the bucketfull in order to maintain this classification.

Pretty/Gorgeous - Also typically a physical attribute, however personality can play a factor in this classification. I consider this more of a "natural" beauty. The type of girl who needs not wear makeup, and typically actually looks better without it. Being intelligent, she is good to have a conversation with, and has a pretty, pretty smile. She may never make it onto a calender, but who cares.

Cute - This classification is primarily based on personality. Her facial expressions really catch your eye, and no matter what mood she's in you can find something in her face that is very attractive. Not only can she hold a conversation, but she is also VERY fun to talk to. Also very sweet, and thinks of other people, sometimes moreso than herself. Cute women can be Hot (but not typically), Pretty, or even sometimes Less attractive.
Less attractive cuties typicaly have FANTASTIC personalities which can completely overshadow physical imperfections.

Dog - This is a woman who cares not enough about herself or others to even try to look attractive. While typically physically unattractive, these types of women don't even try to mask their appearance. While is IS possible to have a pretty woman be a "dog", they typically have physical issues to boot. They are often bitter, uncaring, and can be flat out mean.
Hot/Beautiful women can never be "dogs", as their physical appearance (at least on paper) completely overshadow any personality issues they may have.


So basically, just because you're cute, doesn't mean you're less than pretty. Cuteness is more of a personality trait than a physical one.
Related topics
Knitting anyone?
National Geographic to publish gospel of Judas
Islam,Women and The Veil.
sleeping while awake
What Woman Wants?
Most Christians do not read the Bible, this is a fact!
Dictionary for Women ;o)
Original purpose of religions.
Yesterday my only love abandone me...
Religion is just an excuse for reason.
How to Predict a Girl's thinking??
Family History-Yes yours
Babies Education
Probability Problem
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.