FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMD's comeback?

dz9c
Anybody know about any future processors from AMD? They have got to think of something by the end of the year because these new Intel core 2's are totally wrecking amd price wise and performance wise
diduknowthat
AMD is coming out with dual dual core processors, so you'll have 2 dual core processors running on one board. Then i believe they're going for the first real quad core processor.
Gundamxxg
yeah i saw one of the core 2's the other day, and it totally threw me off guard, the core 2 duo E6400 for $220USD kinda scared me, i believe that AMD is working on the 65nm AM2 models right now, and those are actually pretty cheap if im not mistaken. AMD > Intel depending on the use, either way though, I prefer AMD chips, they are more stable and in my opinion more reliable.
Xeniczone
Quote:
AMD is coming out with dual dual core processors, so you'll have 2 dual core processors running on one board. Then i believe they're going for the first real quad core processor.

So... It's a Quad Core Processor?
DecayClan
Yes, its a quad procesor, but still, is going to create a quad core CPU, as well... This round, belongs to Intel... AMD hs problems, and can't create at 0,65nm, so, INTEL, is ahead of them...All that amd can do now, until they figure out a way to create CPU's at 0,65nm, is to improve the existing models a little bit, and LOWER, the prices...Have you checked how much a x2 4400+ costs now? REALLLLYYYYYY CHEAPPPP 4800+... everything has gone down to the bottom. Thats why their sales are still, ok, but they will not manage to handle it for much longer. But i am sure that their new generation, will be able to hit intel hard. But until then, intel rules.

P.S. for the next 6 months at least(probably an year) intel will rule, easily, as it is impossible for AMD, to cope with the new intel core 2 duo CPUs.... Cause AMD doesn't have anything good enough in plans for the near future...Even the quad core CPUs...Cause intel will have Quad core cpus earlier than amd as everything shows...