FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

diafrag.. problem?

vaoger
i am a Window XP sp2 user..
i currently found that my c: drive cant be diafrag but .. a month ago it was fine?!
well when i start the diafrag or analysis the error keep coming up..
said that

Quote:

disk defragmenter had detect that Chkdsk is scheduled to run on volum C;
Please run Chkdsk f/.

i run thr chkdsk f/ but the it kind of useless.. no matter yes or no.. the result the same!!

some one can help me out??
flameboy1974
Try running checkdisk repair from the windows CD. Boot to the Windows XP CD. When presented with the option to press "R" for repair or enter to install, Press "R". Choose the correct windows install. Then enter the admin password. Finally when you get the prompt enter "chkdsk /r". Yes there is a space after the k.
vaoger
flameboy1974 wrote:
Try running checkdisk repair from the windows CD. Boot to the Windows XP CD. When presented with the option to press "R" for repair or enter to install, Press "R". Choose the correct windows install. Then enter the admin password. Finally when you get the prompt enter "chkdsk /r". Yes there is a space after the k.

Thanks Flameboy...
it really help me out!
now i can defrag!!
bambholebaba
flameboy1974 wrote:

Idea Is not it be possible to run chkdsk in safe mode for that drive in which the OS is installed ? Asked just for infotmation. Question
vaoger
bambholebaba wrote:
flameboy1974 wrote:

Idea Is not it be possible to run chkdsk in safe mode for that drive in which the OS is installed ? Asked just for infotmation. Question

well.. when i run the chkdsk in the safe mode.. the same thing occur!!
See my Quoted (1 msg).