FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yog for all, a perfect medicine for all sorts of problems

akshar
A sage from India called Baba Ramdev has devoted his life to research in Yog and ancient techniques more popularly known as Yoga in West.
He claims that these techniques have cured many serious deseases even like cancer.
I myself tried it and found it extreamly useful not only for physical health but even for spiritual upliftment.

check out
[link]http://www.divyayoga.com[/link]
matrixuk321
akshar wrote:
A sage from India called Baba Ramdev has devoted his life to research in Yog and ancient techniques more popularly known as Yoga in West.
He claims that these techniques have cured many serious deseases even like cancer.
I myself tried it and found it extreamly useful not only for physical health but even for spiritual upliftment.

check out

Cures cancer! Wow. very nice i want to check that out thanks for the info and link
bambholebaba
akshar wrote:

check out

YOG/ YOGA is a life style, adopted by a large group of people in ancient India, and the techniques U are refferring to are chapters of that science, called ''ang'' (i.e. parts of body), the most popular are the ''aasan'', may be conveniently percieved as ''postures''. and ''pranayam'', conveniently percieved as '' modes of breathing''.

Aasan and Pranayam has been proved to improve the quality of life by preventing/revercing the on going procees of ageing by increasing flexibility of the tissues/preventing rigidity.

But then my dear akshar, It is very difficult to stick with it for a person fighting with their unfullfilled duties. Every one can not turn into a ''sage''.

As for the treatment of diseases like cancer, It is not out of debate. U can not say if some one says one thing very right, he can never be wrong! Hope I could have cleared my point of view !
akshar
Ramdev baba advocates Yog that was studied and Described Muni Patanjali hundreds of year back.
The Yog is related to the health of not just an individual but the health of the society including the nature.

In his Yogsutra Patanjali has discussed in finest details the terms such as 'Ang' and Asan.
These are basically related to once mental health and physical health. However other types of Yog also exist which enable one to lift himself spiritually finally leading to an healthy society.

The approach that moern medicines take of once health are 'to treat a patient once he gets sick'

However the Yog and Ayurveda stresses on the reasons that make one sick and irradicates them.
akshar
Patańjali defended in his yoga-treatise several ideas that are not mainstream of either Sankhya or Yoga. He, according the Iyengar adept, biographer and scholar Kofi Busia, acknowledges the ego not as a separate entity. The subtle body linga sarira he would not regard as permanent and he would deny it a direct control over external matters. This is not in accord with classical Sankhya and Yoga.

Evidently he was an original thinker, not just a compiler of the yoga wisdom known. Nevertheless he reinterpreted and clarified what others had said, undoing contradictions. For sure his genius brought together many lines of argument in the yoga philosophy, dating back in some respects to the Vedas and Upanishads. What was obscure he clarified and what was abstract he made practical, inspiring thus a long line of teachers and practitioners up to the present day in which his most renown defender is B.K.S. Iyengar. With some translators he seems to be a dry and technical propounder of the philosophy, but with others he is an empathic and humorous, witty friend and spiritual guide. For sure may he, with his practical summary of the essence of yoga, be regarded the greatest initiator into the science of uniting one's consciousness that is yoga.
bambholebaba
akshar wrote:
Ramdev baba advocates Yog that was studied and Described Muni Patanjali hundreds of year back.
The Yog is related to the health of not just an individual but the health of the society including the nature.

In his Yogsutra Patanjali has discussed in finest details the terms such as 'Ang' and Asan.
These are basically related to once mental health and physical health. However other types of Yog also exist which enable one to lift himself spiritually finally leading to an healthy society.

The approach that moern medicines take of once health are 'to treat a patient once he gets sick'

However the Yog and Ayurveda stresses on the reasons that make one sick and irradicates them.

I don't have the ability to know Yog in such a vast manner, but I have to tell some thing about modern medicine.

1. Health is defined as ' physical, mental and social well being'.

2.Almost every disease is described in several headings including 'prevption' or 'preventive aspects or measures'

3.Effotrts by modern medical profesionals eradicated the dreaded disease 'small pox' and is about to irradicate another one. 'poliomyelitis.

4.Controll over the tuberculosis, typhoid and peptic ulcer is the out come of the curative measure of modern medicine.

So, I don't think there is any reason to think that modern medicine only treats the sick, of course, as they have improved tools for tretment, they treat a sick effectively. But then, treatment can only be given to a patient when he comes to seek it, and he comes only after he gets sick.

And at the same time every pathy including aayurved has it's curative tools and they use it whenever they think it usefull for the petient.[of course this also needs a person comming to seek a cure!]
The stess over irradicating the reasons for illness, I think, is much more conveniently given today by better knowledge of those reasons.

And in the last I want to imphasise that Yog and Aayurved are not the so similar things as they may be discussed in the same breath.
akshar
I had no intentions to criticise the modern medicines nor to raise any dispute about their relevance. That is out of questions.

However it has been found that certain problems look very difficult in one perspective but they are totally simplified when you look at them from a totally different perspective. Health is one such issue.

The yog posses a broader outlook towards one's health compared to the modern medicine. Yog derives this vision from Ayurveda.

I will come up with a bigger and more elaborate article in this same post discussing each point you have raised.
bambholebaba
I very much agree with the fact that yog have such tools as to keep a person healthy in all the physical, mental and social aspects, but even after trying ones best to be healthy, some one falls ill, and need curative services.

Next, I also agree that modern medicine's concept of prevention is not so broad to keep a person 'healthy' by definition, but it tries to prevent certain documented diseases.

But I want to be forgiven for not agreeing with 'cure of cancer' as it involves change of, or repair of, the genetic mal functioning of a large quantity of diseased cells.
And I did not raise any point, those are few of the stablished facts which every one knows.

Thanks!!