FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Trek. Which is the best series?

sergio_san_san
Which of the following is the best Star Trek series ever:

-Star Trek with Captain Kirk
-Star Trek the next generation
-Star Trek deep space nine
-Star Trek Voyage
-Enterprise

I like the next generation the most, although the original one and Enterprise I find them also good. But Jean Luc Picard is my favourite Captain.
MeddlingMonk
Which Star Trek series is the best? That's easy - it has to be Star Trek: The Next Generation. The best ST:TNG moment has to be the finale of Season 3, at the end of "The Best of Both Worlds, Part I". As for Captains, Kirk and Picard are the best.

The Original Series and Voyager are my next favourites.
Scaramanga
Original series all the way for me, because it tackled much bigger issues of its day than ANY other series did (and sadly enough, a lot of the "issues" are still true today.)

Second would be Next Generation of course, which had by far one of the best casts of any of the shows.

Also, is anyone else looking forward to the J.J. Abrams Trek XI movie due to come out next year, which will focus on a younger Kirk & Spock?!
Dean_The_Great
Hands down, no contest: Star Trek The Next Generation.

Patrick Stewart is a great actor, the cast is written really well... and they still tackled all sorts of societal issues that ring very true: racial issues, gay rights issues, euthenasia, bisexuality, and politics.

Infinitely cooler than the other shows (although I must admit I love them as well).
rheanna
Captian Becard ;o) Laughing
RT Cunningham
ST TNG is the best of them all. ST TOS is the second best, especially now that the special effects are being redone.
Ennex
Next gen rocks
Original is just a legend in itself
DS9 is rubbing on me
Daisie
I really liked Voyager (maybe because for once a woman was in the Captain's chair.. dunno...), it had the feel of discovery that the first serie had (which is the best for me).
I didnt really caught on DS9 and the next Generation ... mmmm... cant say I m a fan! too much politics...
datter
The original, with the original cast.
KoiboySG1
I realy like Star Trek the next generation. but i also like to watch the other series.
vw_bugg
I personally like Voyager. I likes their uniforms and come on the captain was just cool. She kicks as$
Zyphrius
Which seires in Star Trek was the best??

Well it's kind of hard to draw a conclusion on that one..

I woul have to say #1 would be STar Trek: The Next Generation.

I grew up on that series, loved the cast and the show in general.

So Defin #1 is Star Trek The Next Generation

For #2??

I would have to say a tie between Voyager and Enterprise, I loved both seiries, 7of9 was gorgeous and so was T'Pol. The show were wrote perfectly I loved both of those series. Except for the finale to Enterprise, IT SUCKED. They were forced to end the show and they could not get a good ending in there, I mean they brought back Riker and Troy when the The Next Generation show was going. That was stupid.

3rd??

I would go with DS9, it was pretty slow series, but enjoyed the dominion war, that was sweet.

Then the original, I did not like alot of that seiries but I loved there movies. I think they really shined in the movies and the series mostly sucked.

That is my opinion I do not mean to say my opinion is the only one, this is just how I feel about it all.

As for the new movie, if they really do a young version of kirk and spock that would suck. They should make a movie with the Enterprise crew before the finale episode, that would be sweet.
Mordane
I hate myself for saying this, but Voyger, not because its original or breaks any new ground, but I find I can watch these episodes over and over without getting bored.
jenice
sergio_san_san wrote:
Which of the following is the best Star Trek series ever:

-Star Trek with Captain Kirk
-Star Trek the next generation
-Star Trek deep space nine
-Star Trek Voyage
-Enterprise

I like the next generation the most, although the original one and Enterprise I find them also good. But Jean Luc Picard is my favourite Captain.

The original will always be the best. I loved Next Generation when it came out. Voyager though will always be my personal favorite. I just loved the characters. The plot was unique, yet kept to the standards the original (and next generation) set for it.

A lot of people I talk to didn't like Deep Space Nine, but I liked that one. It had a bit of a different style to it. It was almost like a soap opera sometimes, but I still loved the different characters. What was cool about it is the way they tied the other series together. There was stuff in there from the original, Next Generation, and especially Voyager. Ah, and who can forget Doctor Brasheer? OOh, and Odo!
danjoy
I really like both TNG and Deep Space Nine, went down hill after that. But the original series was an intergral part of my childhood, heard they are re-doing episodes with up to date special effects, really want to see them.
bluefossil
TNG all the way, that was the series that got me into Star Trek. They redid old episodes for G4Tv but i haven't watched them much. I still like to watch TNG when it is on though. G4TV has both the original and TNG.
proffrancais
Hello
I think that TNG actually is the best because it changed and modernized so much of what we had seen in the repeats of kirktrek over the years. It was refreshing with better effects, story arcs, good characterization, continuity that was really watched.

The shows the came after it were good too, DS9 was good because it limited the locale and forced more on character and story.

Voyager was like TNG again and brought us back to exploration. It was all good.

Enterprise was just never given a chance. I know it lasted a couple seasons, but the shows before always hit their stride in season 3 and enterprise wasnt given a reprieve afterwards.

The shows are all good, and we were spoiled to have at least one trek show on every year for 20 years, but now I hope that the new movie will create more interest again. I love the characters that were created and the novels just dont do it
jenice
bluefossil wrote:
TNG all the way, that was the series that got me into Star Trek. They redid old episodes for G4Tv but i haven't watched them much. I still like to watch TNG when it is on though. G4TV has both the original and TNG.

I'm with you there. I watched the original ones with my mother, who is a Trekkie, but didn't get into it for myself until TNG. It'll always have a special place for me. I never get tired of watching the old episodes.

I watched Voyager (second favorite) and Deep Space Nine too. I didn't really think any of them went downhill, per se. I think the only thing I could point out is that Enterprise is so far in the past that much of what is there isn't recognizable. I still enjoy it for what is represents though.
rein
Voyager would have to be my pick too. I have deep respect for TNG; the series i grew up with but voyager has just that extra bit of everything that makes it -as Mordane pointed out- fun to watch over and over again.
jenice
rein wrote:
Voyager would have to be my pick too. I have deep respect for TNG; the series i grew up with but voyager has just that extra bit of everything that makes it -as Mordane pointed out- fun to watch over and over again.

Voyager was the one with such a genuinely unique perspective that brought a bit of that drama into it. I always loved the doctor. I suppose the doctor from each series was good, but he was a favorite. Neelix was cool too, as it was something we had never seen before. It was just something interesting to see them all adapt.
daboking
WOW, very little love for DS9... LOL
I was hooked on the show because of of ST-TNG, and those characters, followed closely by original cast, will always be my favorite, but if i were being honest, the character development, stories, etc were better than ALL of them. I have never seen any television show do a more terrific job of bringing closure to the cast and story archs than DS9, and so i just want to throw out a little DS9 love with all the other ST versions out there Smile
TurtleShell
definitely TNG. I will never, ever tire of watching reruns of TNG. My step dad and I used to watch it together...record the new episodes as they came on... I don't know, I love it because I grew up on it, I guess. It was cheesey at first, but it actually got good and I love the cheesey ones, and I love the good ones. It has a little of everything.
icedrakon
Enterpize with picart

My site has great background you know what it is...

www.freewebs.com/icedrakon
freetalk creator
I like voyager and TNG. Very Happy
thewatcher
I like Voyager the most, people dont like it becouse its a woman but I enjoyed it. The only Star Trek I watched from the beggining.
jenice
thewatcher wrote:
I like Voyager the most, people dont like it becouse its a woman but I enjoyed it. The only Star Trek I watched from the beggining.

Ditto on that front. It's also the only one I've watched to the end of the series as well. DS9 came a close second.
Apple191
The Next Generation and Voyager are the best!
Radar
While I'm not a Trekkie by any means, I have been thinking about this lately. The most people seem to be Next Gen fans, there are a few Voyagers fan, and then I know some very ardent DS9 fans.

Not sure.
Mrs_Robota
I guess the first one... there is some feeling...
ok actually I have never seen those series, but I had seen many pictures...
Josso
For me personally it would be TNG and not just because I grew up with it (grew up with voyager & ds9 too and I'm not really into them). I think what makes TNG special to me is there is always fantastic drama, a good morale to the story, sub-plots and big-plots are well balanced together, they do mysteries and weird stuff fantastically (one of the reasons I like Fringe) and they deal with some fairly mature subjects for a sci-fi but you still get to laser battles and cool stuff as well. There's a ton of reasons I could list why I like TNG, probably on a per episode basis, maybe even in my top 10 TV shows of all time if I ever make the list (very difficult).

Here's my personal ratings for star trek stuff!

1. TNG
2. Enterprise
3. Original season
4. New star trek stuff
5. Voyager
6. DS9

I like all of them but I think DS9 is a bit mediocre
BTDT1000T
The order in which i like the series(most to least)
#1: The next generation. the next generation i thought had a great combination of new technology, story lines and characters
#2: Deep Space 9 and Voyager. I think they are both brilliant. I like these two for the same reason's I like The Next Generation
#3: The Original Series. While I do like The Original Series story lines and Spock, I think the overall series is sexist if not racist.

The order in which I like the captains(most to least)
Captian Picard, Captain Sisko and Captian Janeway are all so great that I can't decide between them.
While Captain Kirk was okay i didn't really like him. He seemed to go out of his way to violate the prime directive and any other Starfleet regulations.
RosenCruz
A series that I have never been into. I am a Star Wars guy actually. The battle between each is like a cat person vs dog person for me Laughing
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
not a Star Trek fan, but Next Generation with Picard is legendary and the Borg episodes where he becomes the Borg is great, episodes 20 years old now?
Insanity
I like almost all of them but I do like The Next Generation the best.
izripzone
Voyager is my favorite.
badgamer1967
The best trek is the one you enjoy, for me thats DS9 the dark trek closely followed by TNG. I also enjoy Voyager. With Trek there is a crew and stories for everyone to enjoy.
jajarvin
Star Trek with Captain Kirk is the best.
And there reason to my opinion is that this
is the one and only of those series I have ever seen.
alfredolx
The next generation, hands down! Captain Picard is the best!
alfredolx
The next generation, hands down! Captain Picard is the best!