FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge in Ubuntu Linux or Fedora

THE11thROCK™
Playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge in Ubuntu Linux or Fedora Core:

Any of you guys ever played RA2 Yuri in Ubuntu Linux or Fedora? You can either play it using the normal installation using Cedega or Wine. I do prefer Ubuntu so if anyone can give some proper instructions in installing and playing it in Linux will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
THE11thROCK™
Nobody ever tried this?
djclue917
THE11thROCK™ wrote:
Playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge in Ubuntu Linux or Fedora Core:

Any of you guys ever played RA2 Yuri in Ubuntu Linux or Fedora? You can either play it using the normal installation using Cedega or Wine. I do prefer Ubuntu so if anyone can give some proper instructions in installing and playing it in Linux will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think WINE is enough for this task. Just make sure that prerequisites are met: i.e., direct rendering is enabled, etc.

By the way, for your information, I've already played Warcraft III and NBA Live 2006 in my Linux box. I use the latest version of WINE (since I use Arch Linux) but I think that any later WINE release would be sufficient since you're planning to run RA2.

I hope that helps...
THE11thROCK™
Thanks for the tips.
waeltec
Dear,

Would you please advise me how i can run games on linux using (WINE), i didn't use it before and even i didn't install it before.

I appreciate you reply, taking into your kind consideration that I have to run as much as possible of the following games on linux urgently (for online game server issue):

• Call Of Duty
• Warcraft
• Starcraft
• FIFA
• Need For Speed
• Battlefield
• Age Of Empires
• Red Alert
• Splinter Cell

N.B: I am working on linux DEBIAN 4

Best regards,
Studio Madcrow
waeltec wrote:
Dear,

Would you please advise me how i can run games on linux using (WINE), i didn't use it before and even i didn't install it before.

I appreciate you reply, taking into your kind consideration that I have to run as much as possible of the following games on linux urgently (for online game server issue):

• Call Of Duty
• Warcraft
• Starcraft
• FIFA
• Need For Speed
• Battlefield
• Age Of Empires
• Red Alert
• Splinter Cell

N.B: I am working on linux DEBIAN 4

Best regards,

Check at the official Wine App DB: http://appdb.winehq.org/