FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UserBoxZ

Shockwave
I just posted somewhere else, but I think I should post here instead:

Quoted from http://userboxz.lewisoft.net/ The Original Home of The Next Generation Userbars:

What are userboxz? And what's up with the 'z'?

Technical Definition:
A userbox is a 50px width, 125px height graphical bar/box to depict/imply an interest/a$$ for a particular thing, place, or object.

It is descendant of the userbar family, kind of. It all started about 3 or 4 months ago when ub.com was down for whatever reason. Well, I went to this other forum that I had been getting downloads from and started fulfilling graphics requests. I saw this guy have some things in his sig I had never seen before (see here), so I pm'd him and asked him what they were called. He said that they didn't have a name and the he used them on his website. Well, a couple of months have gone by, and I see this post about "Next Generation" userbars. Then, that sparked the memory of these little things. I decided to post one of those and the rest is history (hopefully in a good way). I asked for help naming them since I couldn't come up with anything creative, and userbox was the catchiest one that was suggested, so I went with that.

When looking to host this forum. I looked at domain names, and userbox.com was already taken (well it's for sale for like $300, but who wants to pay that). Userboxes just doesn't look cool, so userboxz it is!

About:
100+ Completed requests
5750+ Posts
100+ Highly Active Members
525+ Completed & Indexed Unique UserBoxZ

^^Join today!
the6thfactor
Interesting site, haven't been to a site yet completely dedicated to userbars. Looks good though, keep it up Wink
Shockwave
Thanks, and a userbars only site is userbars.com =).
Matte52
Nice site! phpBB <3

Btw: how did you get smartor photo album to work with that style? suppose that it is Morpheus style?

Best regards
Matte52