FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Attractive V Sexy





truespeed
can someone be attractive, yet not sexy,and also average looking but very sexy? are sexy and attractiveness always related or not?
RiCtee
I think it pretty much means the same. "Sexy" has something more to do with sexual attractions.
RT Cunningham
I don't think sexy and attractive are related at all. As a male, I can say that I have been physically attracted to females who did not exude sexiness. On the other hand, I've found myself not attracted to females who were very sexy.

I'm curious to know what someone from the female gender thinks about men in the same regard.
truespeed
For example i would say michelle ryan isnt overly attractive,but i find her very sexy,whereas cameron diaz i would say is very attractive,but for me, she isnt sexy.
RT Cunningham
I actually agree with you on your opinion of both of them. I just re-watched Charlie's Angels and didn't find any of the three sexy, but each was attractive.
scotty
truespeed wrote:
For example i would say michelle ryan isnt overly attractive,but i find her very sexy,whereas cameron diaz i would say is very attractive,but for me, she isnt sexy.


+1 you have them the right way around. But who wouldn't hit either of them?

Initially I thought that yeah sexy and attractive are both the same thing just sexy makes it err let's say clear as to what your sexual desires are. But I guess saying someone is sexy is a little less formal than saying they are attractive. That's kinda why I used attractive in that poll on Paris Hilton. But if I had to define it I'd say Sexy=Attractive x 2.
TruPain
I think this all comes down to your own personal opinion... I can find a woman attractive but not sexy as well as seeing a sexy woman that is not attrative. I am attracted to different parts of a woman... such as:

I love eyes... a woman can be very attractive if she has gorgeous eyes and still not be overly sexy... and vice versa...

I guess another way to look at it is what is sexy? Is it what you honestly think or what society deems as sexy? If it is what you honestly think, then it is juts like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder... if it is what society deems is sexy, then that brings out a whole other story.

Everyone has different approaches to sexuality... so I think that it is possible to be sexy, attractive, and average looking all at the same time or any of them or none of them at any time depending on who is doing the judgung of...
geyikkutuphanesi
I m interest in all females. it is not important to being sexy or attractive for me. Laughing if she is attractive it is not important to be sexy and if she is sexy it is not important to be attractive. this is my opininon Very Happy
coolclay
I agree with some of the other posts I think they are unrelated as well. I have seen women that I find attractive that I wouldn't say are sexy at all. And then there are tons of "sexy" supermodels that I think look like dog's (Paris Hilton comes to mind).
crdowner
While I am not a woman and I have no desire to be a woman, as a gay man I think I can relate to a woman's view better.

I know of a few men that are very sexy but I do not find them particulary attractive. In my opinion , Christopher Meloni who plays Detective Elliot Stabler on Law & Order SVU is sexy but not attractive.

Most male models are attractive but many are not sexy. The fact that they know they are attractive lowers their sexiness considerably.
Soulfire
I think they can be one, the other, or a combination of both.

For me, attractiveness goes beyond the physical plane of things - beyond the hair, eyes, lips, hips, etc. It goes into communication and relationship, someone who can usually start off as a friend, etc.

On the other hand, sexy describes (to me) the physical nature of things. For instance, hair, eyes, lips, hips, butt, etc.

Examples:
A girl can have a great body, but be totally socially retarded (forgive me if it sounds harsh). They can't communicate, they can't read other peoples' signals, etc. Basically, this girl falls into the "Sexy Only" category.

A girl can be a great friend, average looking, but totally in love. This is the attraction that we're talking about.

On the other hand, there are those select few elite girls who achieve sexiness (sexyness?) and attractiveness as well. It's a rare find, but these girls usually have it goin' on. They're physical features are immaculate, and their communication and relationship building is superb.

I know personal examples of all three.

Bear in mind, I'm a 16 year old guy
Scott
Sexy to me is... purely sexual. Honestly this attribute doesn't mean much to me in a girl, I often find people attractive in other ways, which are less easy to explain. And then sometimes you meet someone who is both dead sexy and attractive in some other way.
kerouac
To answer the topic: attractive is a fairly objective assessment of an individuals looks/personality, sexy is more subjective, tends to be applied more to girls or male models, rather than your average joe.
arkebuzer
truespeed wrote:
can someone be attractive, yet not sexy,and also average looking but very sexy? are sexy and attractiveness always related or not?


sexy is more about the looks. A girl can be really sexy, but if her personallity is bad she´s still not attractive. At least that´s my defenition of those 2 words.
a.Bird
I think frihost is sexy but can hardly consider it attractive, I mean it's interface is simply decent and nothing more.

But seriously, why does this thread exist as dictionaries already do.

Attractive: Having power to arouse interest. (grabs your attention.)

Sexy: Marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest. (turns you on.)

From a quick online dictionary search, it appears that sexy is a sexual step up from attractive. In other words, a sexy woman is so attractive that she sparks sexual arousal. Sorry to be a stick in the mud but come on. Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
Sexiness is up to, or in the hand, of the beholder....good looks do play a big part, but in the end result....sexy is just that...sexy.

And what may turn one person on doesn't have to meet any criteria set forth by another, or group of people.

Be yourself....you are afterall an individule. Smile
todabeat
since, we all hae different taste in looking for a mate. Sexy can be differemt from good-looking, or from pretty. etc

Just what i think
Rako
RT Cunningham wrote:
I don't think sexy and attractive are related at all. As a male, I can say that I have been physically attracted to females who did not exude sexiness. On the other hand, I've found myself not attracted to females who were very sexy.

I'm curious to know what someone from the female gender thinks about men in the same regard.
from the topic i would have said yes they are closely related but now that i have read your post i can see why there not related because the same thing often happens to me.
JoseRizal
i agree with the previous post that sexy = attactive x 2.
i won't hesitate to hook up with a horseface but with a young pamela anderson or jenna jameson body Very Happy
jabapyth
sexy is a kind of attractiveness. "attractive" just means you're attracted to them. sexy is "sexually attracted".
Vrythramax
JoseRizal wrote:
i agree with the previous post that sexy = attactive x 2.
i won't hesitate to hook up with a horseface but with a young pamela anderson or jenna jameson body Very Happy



bawahahhahaa....well said Very Happy
jcvincent
i think sexy means that the person has a high level of sex appeal. Some women or even guys are sexy but not attractive. Attractive for me, is someone who really meets your expectations from a person. for me, an attractive woman is someone who's simple.
James007
Moved to relationships.
supjapscrapper
RT Cunningham wrote:
I actually agree with you on your opinion of both of them. I just re-watched Charlie's Angels and didn't find any of the three sexy, but each was attractive.


hmmm .. guys you came up with very different but numerous justifications of the same fact: sexy isn't attractive...
I absolutely agree with (almost) all of you: I ama often attracted to girls that are not ver sexy, sometimes not sexy at all (which also depends on the way they dress themselves), but seriously, I have felt some very high temperatures because of girls that really do not have a overly beautiful body... sometimes even too sexy kills atractiveness since you only look at the physics of the girl, but really don't feel much. Some girls (type angelinea jolie, I chose the modt famous) are both very sex AND incredibly atttractive Very Happy
Vrythramax
What one may find attractive may not be pleasing to another.....I hate to quote an old adage..."but beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....Good looks doesn't always equal a good person.
Subsonic Sound
"Sexy" is a nebulous thing, difficult to describe. If it ever becomes obvious, it fades.

For instance, take a Page 3 girl. Usually very attractive, and barely clad in enought material to clothe a mouse. But about as sexy as a block of wood.

Take a porn star, made up and sedated into a lump of characterless flesh. Slightly LESS sexy than a block of wood.

Yet a good looking - but not super-model standard - girl fully dressed can be sexy enough to bring you to your knees.

Why? I'd find it very difficult to describe exactly why. Sometime a girl in sexy clothes - tight fitting, or revealing in just the right places - can be a LOT sexier than the same girl wearing nothing.

There are other factors than mere appearances, as well. I'm reminded of a couple of celebrities who look great, but whose voices make me want to tear out my eardrums. INSTANT turn-off. Trashiness, stupidity, screechiness - all traits that could render ANYONE unsexy.
Wahwah Man
RT Cunningham wrote:
I don't think sexy and attractive are related at all. As a male, I can say that I have been physically attracted to females who did not exude sexiness. On the other hand, I've found myself not attracted to females who were very sexy.

I'm curious to know what someone from the female gender thinks about men in the same regard.


ditto, man. ditto. i think among other things that sexy is also a personality thing. a good personality could make the plainest girl sexy.

but my girlfriend is sexy in all aspects =D
Liam21
I think sexy is even in the way a chick can look at you. You can't describe it...
Vrythramax
I much prefer a girl clothed rather than naked (now hear me out).....I call it the "Christmas Effect"....I'd rather unwrap my presents and while wondering what underneath than to have everything right there in the open....who wants to wake on Christmas morning and see everything?

The fun (or foreplay if you wish) is unwrapping the gifts.....it almost as much fun as the gifts themselves Very Happy
Subsonic Sound
*applauds*

Excellent analogy!
supjapscrapper
Vrythramax wrote:
I much prefer a girl clothed rather than naked (now hear me out).....I call it the "Christmas Effect"....I'd rather unwrap my presents and while wondering what underneath than to have everything right there in the open....who wants to wake on Christmas morning and see everything?

The fun (or foreplay if you wish) is unwrapping the gifts.....it almost as much fun as the gifts themselves Very Happy


jepp buddy exactly my opinion about things Very Happy
Vrythramax
Seems I have touched on others emotions Very Happy

I am a happy man Very Happy

Let us know what you think/feel....just keep it clean Wink
scorpiosemotion
Just a female opinion here but attractive and sexy are one and the same and completely opposite. I have been attracted to guys where most would look at me and shake their heads in amazement, like what do you see in THEM... The attractiveness of their personalities is what I find sexually appealing. Now there are sexy guys, that are nothing but dolts. Sure they have the looks maybe even the brains, but if they are egotistical maniacs I'd rather just chase them off with sarcastic retorts and bored looks if not the blunt truth, which most living in their world of "me-ness" completely brush off with a oh she can't handle the hotness of me. Rolling Eyes

Scorpiosemotion
Vrythramax
scorpiosemotion wrote:
Just a female opinion here but attractive and sexy are one and the same and completely opposite. I have been attracted to guys where most would look at me and shake their heads in amazement, like what do you see in THEM... The attractiveness of their personalities is what I find sexually appealing. Now there are sexy guys, that are nothing but dolts. Sure they have the looks maybe even the brains, but if they are egotistical maniacs I'd rather just chase them off with sarcastic retorts and bored looks if not the blunt truth, which most living in their world of "me-ness" completely brush off with a oh she can't handle the hotness of me. Rolling Eyes

Scorpiosemotion


Your a girl? Shocked Embarassed
pollux1er
I knew a girl. Attractive is not enough to qualify the fact that many guys wanted her. Statistically. But she was not sexy at all. There were many girls more sexy than her. Sexy and attractive can be dissociated.
scorpiosemotion
Vrythramax wrote:


Your a girl? Shocked Embarassed



No Max, I am just a figment of your over active imagination Cool
Vrythramax
scorpiosemotion wrote:
No Max, I am just a figment of your over active imagination Cool


And a colassal brat as well...maybe I should....never mind.

Sorry for the spam folks. Very Happy
mawfia
I think there is a difference between sexy and attractive. Sexy can be in general for anyone and is mainly due to appearance. Attractivenes embodies look, personality, and spirit. For example, I think Christina Aguilera can be sexy however, I am not attracted to her because I have never met her or talked to her.

For me to be attracted to someone it requires knowing the person (which requires communication in some form). And of couse this is just how I see things your mileage may vary!

Is anyone willing to argue love at first sight?
Insanity
I think attractiveness has a more natural tone to it, like the face and body, while on the other hand, you can factor external things like clothing into sexiness.
Vrythramax
mawfia wrote:
I think there is a difference between sexy and attractive. Sexy can be in general for anyone and is mainly due to appearance. Attractivenes embodies look, personality, and spirit. For example, I think Christina Aguilera can be sexy however, I am not attracted to her because I have never met her or talked to her.

For me to be attracted to someone it requires knowing the person (which requires communication in some form). And of couse this is just how I see things your mileage may vary!

Is anyone willing to argue love at first sight?


I believe in "lust at first sight".....love takes a bit more time I think not saying how much time, that depends on alot of factors. (or does with me anyway)
mawfia
I agree with the "lust at first sight" also. I think dating and friend finder sights like myspace may have changed the rules just a slight bit. Makes it more possible for people to date or start a relationship without ever meeting.

Only problem is with the right software skills anyone can look sexy and/or attractive online!
Vrythramax
mawfia wrote:
I agree with the "lust at first sight" also. I think dating and friend finder sights like myspace may have changed the rules just a slight bit. Makes it more possible for people to date or start a relationship without ever meeting.

Only problem is with the right software skills anyone can look sexy and/or attractive online!


ohhhhhhh so true! I could be a girl online.....if that was my wish. Smile

(I'm a guy by the way)
defnet
Yeah online I could pretend to be Christina Milian or Slim Thug if I wanted...
BTW that's what some child molesters did right? Pretend to be someone else on the internet and than arrange actual meetings (where they molested the poor kids Mad ). I believe that internet dating is somewhat a waste of bandwith. Exclamation If you wanna date so badly have the balls to step to a girl and tell her you like her Exclamation

I also believe in "lust in first sight".
I have never loved at first sight just lusted at first sight Smile

this is quite long so you don't have to read it--------------------------------------------------------------------

    I definitely think that attractive and sexy differ not only in spelling but also in meaning.
    GOOGLE>>define:sexy wrote:
    # marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest; "feeling sexy"; "sexy clothes"; "sexy poses"; "a sexy book"; "sexy jokes"
    # aphrodisiac: exciting sexual desire

    GOOGLE>>define:attractive wrote:
    # pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm; "a remarkably attractive young man"; "an attractive personality"; "attractive clothes"; "a book with attractive illustrations"
    # having power to arouse interest; "an attractive opportunity"; "the job is attractive because of the pay"
    # attractive(a): having the properties of a magnet; the ability to draw or pull; "an attractive force"; "the knife hung on a magnetic board"


    A girl may be attractive but not sexually appealing, and a girl may be sexually appealing but not attractive at all. I guess that you might find most girls sexy when they undress "with style" Wink but yet you don't need to find em attractive.

    Further I believe that attractive depends on personal preference.
    Some people like long hair some short. Others like big butts while others don't Confused

    Anyways attractive and sexy are definitely not the same.

    BTW You can say that some objects are attractive. Like certain products THEY DRAW YOUR ATTENTION AND INTEREST (Cadillac Escalade 2007) but I guess you wouldn't feel sexually attracted to it.
    You definitely wouldn't get sprung when you saw the new Lac. Well I speak for myself Very Happy
xkobram
This is only game with words
Vrythramax
oh man....I can't beileve a subject like this is being reduced to "a war of words"!

Attractive is in the eyes, sexy is in the person. Wanna argue that?
xkobram
Vrythramax wrote:

Attractive is in the eyes, sexy is in the person. Wanna argue that?


It's different! Attractive and sexy is in eyes but attractive is from body, make up and sexy is made of clothes.
ainieas
I believe attractiveness and sexiness both lie in the eye of the beholder. What is utterly sexy to me wont be sext to anyone else while their concept maynot readily be accepted by me.

Again, I feel attractiveness and sexyness are two different context for analysis. For example take Vida Guerra, she might be bloody sexy but I don't find her attractive. I find Kristin Kreuk very attractive but not that sexy.
ainieas
xkobram wrote:
sexy is made of clothes.


...or the lack of it! Wink Twisted Evil
Vrythramax
ainieas wrote:
xkobram wrote:
sexy is made of clothes.


...or the lack of it! Wink Twisted Evil


And I still believe it all boils down to the christmas affect.....it's not in what you see that is sexy, but unwrapping the present, and at times it does matter what your partner is wearing.....granted, but at most times it's a matter of trust.

THAT'S even sexier. Wink
Alias
Depends on the person how he carry herself and her attitude...

I find people who are sexy that they have that mojo thing.. haha!
xkobram
maybe atractivness is inborn...
You can be sexy no matter on your atractivness - Clothes, make up, hair style and so on.
androjuni
there are many aspects of attraction. the eyes can be the main asset that can make someone attractive, the lips, the hair. sexiness is an apeal that atracts people. some don't have to show skin to apear as a sexy hot mama. the way they move, speak and etcetera can be very sexy. attractiveness and sexiness are really related you know, their knit together tighter than we think. hehe
dmntr
I'm not sure but in my opinion attractive meens goodlooking, and sexy is some kind of biosphere , something inside a person what just magnitise people...
xkobram
dmntr wrote:
I'm not sure but in my opinion attractive meens goodlooking, and sexy is some kind of biosphere , something inside a person what just magnitise people...


Yeah here are the words that mean what i wanted to say...
Related topics
Our T.V. shows!
V-raf.co.uk
Frankfurt Motor Show, 2005
Saurav v/s Chappell -- Post your opinion
Google Earth ¡V Explore, Search and Discover
Oq ta no seu Ctrl+V agora ?
How India V/s Srilanka Series can affect ICC Rating
Install PHPBB-10$ SMF-5$ MediaWiki-10$ & other Scripts
The ^<V game
The Democratic Agenda
Some sketches I made ><v
Joking....
Do good dancing skills make a person more attractive?
How sexy is your name???
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.