FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any ideas for a movie club?

westhighdrumline
I am on a board for a film club...we make movies and watch some homemade ones...and we are currently in our first year. any tips on how to keep it running smoothly?
jayandsilo
what's the link
Blaster
Hmm... show us some of your movies i would like to see.

Try to always be planing for ideas. Also do something different each time. See what others have to say about your movies and take any tips they offer you. Making home made movies is fun. I used to do the same thing. But always think of something that will capture your auidences attention. And i wouldn't ever really write a script to anything. That just makes everything too complicated. Also don't go over board with stuff.
a.Bird
Blaster wrote:
Hmm... show us some of your movies i would like to see.

Try to always be planing for ideas. Also do something different each time. See what others have to say about your movies and take any tips they offer you. Making home made movies is fun. I used to do the same thing. But always think of something that will capture your auidences attention. And i wouldn't ever really write a script to anything. That just makes everything too complicated. Also don't go over board with stuff.

Haha, in my experience things get complicated when you don't use a script. But yes, I would also like to see some movies that westhighdrumline has done.

My advice is to watch as many movies as possible. Everybody loves to be a critic and reviewing many films of different caliber and genre will get everyone's mind flowing with not only concepts of what makes a good film, but possibly ideas for productions of their own. I joined a film club in high school and it was so much fun. We watched some absolutely fantastic pieces and at the end of the movie, one of the students of the board would hand out piece of paper with a *very* brief history of the director and short filmography in case we wanted to do a bit of research of our own.

The atmosphere of the club was great. Before the movie we would hand out some food and drink and chat for a bit. When the movie started we went through the emotional turmoils together; we laughed, we cried... but people had soccer practice and piano lessons so we never really had time to talk about the film afterwards.

The club was once a week but we had different periods where we would explore different genres of film. For a while we watched very classic horror films that were a landmark of their species, such as Psycho, Evil Dead, etc. This might be something to implement if you haven't already.