FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Afraid to post?

pampoon
Me and my bro (thpn) used to regularly come on here and post on really good topics. That was about a few months before FriHost's birthday, and the people on here were great to chat on a topic with. But then, after the birthday and when FriHost became a lot more popular, I have noticed that most of those people have left. I have also noticed that the members on FriHost have become a lot more cruel towards the Christian supporters and this has caused the majority of them to leave. Heck, my own brother was run out of FriHost after cracking under the pressure to watch what he said and please everyone on the website.

Now, I am not blaming any one person; nor am I saying that only Christians are being persecuted. I have seen people from all religions be knocked down for what the believe or say in a topic and eventually this website will be empty of people who can hold a conversation worth checking every day and FriHost will suffer.

Hold to your opinion as I hold to mine. For what you say will not sway me.

What I am saying to mabye the FriHost staff can keep an eye on what the members say to each other and try to keep it decent and non-discriminative.

God bless,
Pampoon
mathiaus
We do and it is against the rules to do. If anyone is recieveing any abuse on Frihost regarding such a matter (or any abuse really), please contact a member of staff who will take action.
Please encourage your brother to come back Very Happy
reddishblue
really, i havn't seen any abuse of these forums ever really Confused
truespeed
Nor have i ,i think if your going to have opinions,on any subject matter,people with a differing point of view will challenge that opinion,if someones faith cant stand up to a little questioning and scrutiny,then perhaps they shouldnt bring their faith to the forum for open discussion.
reddishblue
truespeed wrote:
Nor have i ,i think if your going to have opinions,on any subject matter,people with a differing point of view will challenge that opinion,if someones faith cant stand up to a little questioning and scrutiny,then perhaps they shouldnt bring their faith to the forum for open discussion.

Maybe people are offended when you coat your account in your faith, internet and relegion don't mix, maybe everyone should just get rid of there relegios images on frihost and there won't be any more of this 'abuse'.
scotty
reddishblue wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Maybe people are offended when you coat your account in your faith, internet and relegion don't mix, maybe everyone should just get rid of there relegios images on frihost and there won't be any more of this 'abuse'.

Hear hear.

If you bring faith into the equation, expect flames, we have nothing else to do.

The only religious conflict I find is in the news forum where I have had a go at people there. But it is going to happen. If you don't want the flames don't bring religion up. Some people DO NOT agree with you and there is nothing you can do about it

That said Christianity is one of the more conservative religions and I want to see the flames you got. I want to get a word in. Razz
Animal
scotty wrote:
If you bring faith into the equation, expect flames, we have nothing else to do.

Actually, you're wrong. People quite frequently get involved in religious discussions on Frihost - this usually involves discussions and questions about your beliefs, but flaming is absolutely not acceptable. If you believe that someone is flaming you (trying to taunt you into reacting) please PM any moderator and it will be dealt with swiftly and fairly.

scotty wrote:
That said Christianity is one of the more conservative religions and I want to see the flames you got. I want to get a word in. Razz

Don't even think about it. Evil or Very Mad

The Frihost forum is here to be enjoyed by all its users. If you feel that the religious discussions are getting too heavy for you, there are a load of other forums where religion is generally not discussed, so it shouldn't be a problem to avoid or ignore any conflict. However, if you are being pursued around the forum and having religious comments made about you in unrelated topics, please urgently contact a mod or Bondings directly as this is not tolerated on this forum.
xalophus
pampoon wrote:
I have also noticed that the members on FriHost have become a lot more cruel towards the Christian supporters

Give us a few examples of this cruelty.

pampoon wrote:
Heck, my own brother was run out of FriHost after cracking under the pressure to watch what he said and please everyone on the website.

So you don't want censorship?
pampoon wrote:
What I am saying to mabye the FriHost staff can keep an eye on what the members say to each other and try to keep it decent and non-discriminative.

And yet you do want censorship.

Or do you mean to say, censorship on you is "cruelty" but censorship on others is "decency" ?
scotty
Animal wrote:
scotty wrote:

Actually, you're wrong. People quite frequently get involved in religious discussions on Frihost - this usually involves discussions and questions about your beliefs, but flaming is absolutely not acceptable. If you believe that someone is flaming you (trying to taunt you into reacting) please PM any moderator and it will be dealt with swiftly and fairly.

scotty wrote:

Don't even think about it. Evil or Very Mad

The Frihost forum is here to be enjoyed by all its users. If you feel that the religious discussions are getting too heavy for you, there are a load of other forums where religion is generally not discussed, so it shouldn't be a problem to avoid or ignore any conflict. However, if you are being pursued around the forum and having religious comments made about you in unrelated topics, please urgently contact a mod or Bondings directly as this is not tolerated on this forum.

I use the term "flame" loosely. Take it as 'opposition' or something if that suits you better. I don't plan on taunting people I plan on meeting their bold statements about how their religion is great with clear and logical statements that point out the flaws in their beliefs in a balanced and subjective way. I have done this in the "frequent religious discussions on Frihost" before and I'm shocked to hear that some people are afraid of them. I believe they happened before I got here so I don't have any idea what it was like, but what goes on in the discussion in Frihost are perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned and so to Frihost as well because nobody moderates them (and they don't need to).
Blaster
Yea there is some problems with this i understand that. But you can't let stuff like this hurt you. Just inform a moderator and they will clean it up. I know it happens on here a lot but that happens with a religion forum. You can't really take it aganist you. Also don't get involved either. Or that makes you just as bad as the others. But if you see it and there is no moderator on and i'm on you can contact me and i'll see if i can talk to one on msn or something. (take note i'm not a mod and i won't do anything about this but if you see it and no mod is on then i dont' mind you doing so)
pampoon
xalophus wrote:

Okay, here are a few:

woundedhealer wrote:

This just shows how evil some people are. And I thought christian meant "Christ like".

*This is very stereotypical to say about Christians. Just because one person who calls themself Christian acts in a manner which is not acceptable, that shouldn't define all other Christians.

The Conspirator wrote:

We find our own purpose, its not rear, most theists are the same way. They will believe it for a variety of reasons but most don't find any purpose in it so they find there own, or not. Purpose isn't really a bid deal fro most, only a few and most of those join crazy (as in crazier than Christianity which is very crazy) cults.

*No true Christian would ever bash your religion. So why do you bash ours?

That's just to name a few (seriously, if you aren't satisfied, it's not my job to please you and I have a life so I am not going to search the entire website). If you want more just look in the Philosophy and Philosophy section and put yourself in the schoes of a Christian to see if you are offended.

xalophus wrote:

pampoon wrote:
Heck, my own brother was run out of FriHost after cracking under the pressure to watch what he said and please everyone on the website.

So you don't want censorship?
pampoon wrote:

And yet you do want censorship.

Or do you mean to say, censorship on you is "cruelty" but censorship on others is "decency" ?

I'm not too sure what you mean, but I am guessing you accuse me of saying that I want people who are Christians to be able to post freely and people of other religions to be censored. That is certainly not what I said, I simply stated People who stereotype, bash, accuse, and persecute people for their beliefs should be watched and stopped from continuing.

If you don't agree, that's fine. I have stated my opinion and you yours. So let's do the staff a favor and keep our argument to this so they don't have to lock the topic?

Edit:#######################
blaster wrote:

Yea there is some problems with this i understand that. But you can't let stuff like this hurt you. Just inform a moderator and they will clean it up. I know it happens on here a lot but that happens with a religion forum. You can't really take it aganist you. Also don't get involved either. Or that makes you just as bad as the others. But if you see it and there is no moderator on and i'm on you can contact me and i'll see if i can talk to one on msn or something. (take note i'm not a mod and i won't do anything about this but if you see it and no mod is on then i dont' mind you doing so)

I have always tried to let things slide when I am on a topic and I see that they are bashing me or someone else for what they say, but then again I do have to stay true to my faith and act as Christ would be standing up for my brothers.

I know, too, that a religion forum causes argument; but I don't think that argument should cause someone to drop their barriers and make fun of someone just because they think they are right.

God bless,
Pampoon
Josso
Even if it's not abuse the mood of a forum can change. Personally I havn't seen it happen on Frihost but then again I could have not noticed. There are some forums I gave up posting on because of the atmosphere (WATMM forums for a start) but now I can cope with them because of not caring so much what people think.

Hope that helps.
truespeed
Quote:

simp wrote:
All gods are just fairy tales, imaginary surrogate parent substitutes invented by sleazy, cynical temple toll booth attendants, and accepted uncritically as ego defense mechanisms by the desperate masses.

But just because people want to believe something is true, even desperately believe, doesn't make it so. Gods are no more real than the imaginary friends children invent (but cause a lot more grief in the world).

Gods do not exist. Only you do. And when you realize that, once you get past the stark terror or realizing that you really are all alone in an unkind, insane universe to fend for yourself, you will begin to realize the most profound, incredible, empowering freedom and self -esteem that you could ever hope to experience.

By the way, did I say there are no gods? Well, I lied. There is actually one, and only one real god, and that is . . .

YOU!

Pampoon you chose this excerpt as an example of abuse,i have read that and i dont see any abuse in there,all i see is someone who doesnt believe in god expressing his opinion,all hes saying is, there is no god (just like your saying there is one,neither of you know for sure if your right) ,how can that be an attack on you or your religion?

Your religious and your christian,but most of the world is neither.

For me religion is held in too high regard,the life of brian film was one of the funniest films ever made,for it made a mockery of religions and worship and faith,if a persons faith is strong,then no amount of questioning,mocking,should be able to shake it.
scotty
truespeed wrote:
Quote:

simp wrote:
All gods are just fairy tales, imaginary surrogate parent substitutes invented by sleazy, cynical temple toll booth attendants, and accepted uncritically as ego defense mechanisms by the desperate masses.

But just because people want to believe something is true, even desperately believe, doesn't make it so. Gods are no more real than the imaginary friends children invent (but cause a lot more grief in the world).

Gods do not exist. Only you do. And when you realize that, once you get past the stark terror or realizing that you really are all alone in an unkind, insane universe to fend for yourself, you will begin to realize the most profound, incredible, empowering freedom and self -esteem that you could ever hope to experience.

By the way, did I say there are no gods? Well, I lied. There is actually one, and only one real god, and that is . . .

YOU!

Pampoon you chose this excerpt as an example of abuse,i have read that and i dont see any abuse in there,all i see is someone who doesnt believe in god expressing his opinion,all hes saying is, there is no god (just like your saying there is one,neither of you know for sure if your right) ,how can that be an attack on you or your religion?

For me religion is held in too high regard,the life of brian film was one of the funniest films ever made,for it made a mockery of religions and worship and faith,if a persons faith is strong,then no amount of questioning,mocking,should be able to shake it.

I agree, simp isn't abusive in that statement. This is the sort of discussion that should be encouraged if you ask me, it's healthy. Just think of what he would think when you tell him about a God that you believe in, he would probably be just as opposed to what you say as you are to this.
pampoon
truespeed wrote:

Yes, you are right. I simply made an error and read the post wrong in my hurry. I was under the impression that simp was stating the topic-poster was acting like a god.

My mistake. I am sorry for my tired/hungry/hurried self, and I apoligize to anyone I have offended.

(I will delete that quote from the origional topic for relief of further confusion)
snowboardalliance
pampoon wrote:
xalophus wrote:

Okay, here are a few:

woundedhealer wrote:

This just shows how evil some people are. And I thought christian meant "Christ like".

*This is very stereotypical to say about Christians. Just because one person who calls themself Christian acts in a manner which is not acceptable, that shouldn't define all other Christians.

The Conspirator wrote:

We find our own purpose, its not rear, most theists are the same way. They will believe it for a variety of reasons but most don't find any purpose in it so they find there own, or not. Purpose isn't really a bid deal fro most, only a few and most of those join crazy (as in crazier than Christianity which is very crazy) cults.

*No true Christian would ever bash your religion. So why do you bash ours?

That's just to name a few (seriously, if you aren't satisfied, it's not my job to please you and I have a life so I am not going to search the entire website). If you want more just look in the Philosophy and Philosophy section and put yourself in the schoes of a Christian to see if you are offended.

Ok, so if someone has something negative about christianity, it is a cruel attack against you? If your going to talk about religion, you'll find a lot of mixed opinions, and if you can't take a little anti-christianity, than don't bring it up. The same goes for any religion. And if someone really does say something mean (not just an opinion about your religion, something that is really "cruel") tell the moderators, problem solved.
pampoon
snowboardalliance wrote:

Ok, so if someone has something negative about christianity, it is a cruel attack against you? If your going to talk about religion, you'll find a lot of mixed opinions, and if you can't take a little anti-christianity, than don't bring it up. The same goes for any religion. And if someone really does say something mean (not just an opinion about your religion, something that is really "cruel") tell the moderators, problem solved.

Why should I not be able to bring it up without being attaked personaly? If someone can say they enjoy watching a certain movie without being persecuted, or if another can post about loving to play a certain came without someone else saying they are stupid and immature, than why can't I be entitled to the same right and be able to post about my faith in any topic (ecspecially the Philosophy and Religion section) without some telling me that I am evil or crazy for being a part of the Christian Church?

If you really think about it, I am telling the mods; just on a larger, public scale. I don't think that addressing one mod every time a single member says something is very efficient.

God bless,
Pampoon
tidruG
pampoon wrote:
woundedhealer wrote:

Which is the precise same thing I've been saying in every single thread about Islam, by the way.

Quote:
*No true Christian would ever bash your religion.

Sorry to prove you wrong:

Quote:
I read excerpts from the book "Why I am not a Muslim" and one quote stuck out at me:
Quote:

Islam is a cult of death and tears

Regardless of whether that's true or not, it was seared into my memory, just as a cattle is branded. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-464345.html#464345

Quote:
I still maintain that the only reason Islam is growing as fast as it is (which, to your surprise is NOT as fast as Christianity), is because of high birth rates in the poor nations that are mostly Islamic.

Wheres many Christian people are converted - educated and intelligent.

But we aren't here to discuss superiority, are we?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-426624.html#426624

Quote:

What does it mean in english? because when i hear 'Islam' i think about ****** blowing up in the name of Allah

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-459092.html#459092

Quote:
and just for the record, you muslims would be hiding under rocks right now if the media wasn't covering your asses.. the media fails to report all the horrendous rapes and honor killings that muslims commit against both nonmuslims and themselves.. the war on terror would be hugely popular in the US if the media bothered to educate the average american on what is considered acceptable in muslim states

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-440180.html#440180

Quote:
According to (apparently) everyone, the only way that there can be peace is if Islam is the only religion.

How do you get Islam to be the only religion? Apparently you kill people who are unwilling to totally submit to Islam.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-441526.html#441526

Note that I've kept out ALL quotes by S3nd K3ys, who claims to be areligious. If you want to see posts by attacking Muslims, go to his profile, and view the posts until a few days ago.
And if you want to see an attack on a non-Christian who was arguing pro-Islam, read this

pampoon wrote:
I simply stated People who stereotype, bash, accuse, and persecute people for their beliefs should be watched and stopped from continuing.

We try to do that, but we don't want to be too imposing on users' freedom of speech either. There's a certain limit that they need to cross before they're warned, and we watch that limit quite carefully.

Quote:
Why should I not be able to bring it up without being attaked personaly? If someone can say they enjoy watching a certain movie without being persecuted, or if another can post about loving to play a certain came without someone else saying they are stupid and immature, than why can't I be entitled to the same right and be able to post about my faith in any topic (ecspecially the Philosophy and Religion section) without some telling me that I am evil or crazy for being a part of the Christian Church?

Of course you should be able to. No one should call you crazy or evil just for being a part of the Christian Church without having a good enough reason to back it up. I would think you were evil or crazy if you subdue women or think that they're the cause for every sin. I'd definitely think you were crazy if you shun modern medicine for your belief in God and your belief that he will protect you, and all you really actually need is prayer, not anti-biotics.

Quote:
I don't think that addressing one mod every time a single member says something is very efficient.

You don't have to address a mod every singel time. However, you can PM a mod whenever you feel someone is flaming or making unprovoked attacks on you. We have rules to prevent users from being flamed unnecessarily, and we will enforce them.
Prabhu Raj
Hi, I have been a frih hoster for quite some time and have never experienced any abuse from anyone. I personally dont care what religion people are , whar language they speak and which country they live. we are all humans. Lets all try to behave like humans.
bambholebaba
Crying or Very sad Was not it sufficient to fight for religeon on the ground least we started it here ? It's my very personal thought that '' religeon is a personal feeling, which commands Ur behavior in society '' and that '' No religeon would have ever suggested to quarrel or fight with those who's believes are different ''.
Prabhu Raj
Is religion worth fighting for?
what is a religion?

It gives guidelines on how we should live. I beleive no religion has ever said or asked anyone to discourage or suppress people of other religion.

Religion is based on god that we worship. ( I dont worship any god) If god want you to fight and quarrel and kill other humans then there is no point in saying that it is a god.

In hinduism, Ramayana and Bhagavath gita are the holy books. But to me Thirukkural is my holy book. If you are interested just give it a reading before passing any comment. It is available in english translated version also. Search Through the net for this book.

If religion demands a human life then there is no point in beliving in that religion. A religion is for the welfare of people. Not to suppress others or kill or quarrel for.

If you beleive you are a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian is your personal identity then what are you?

Are you not a HUMAn? is that not ur identity?

BE A HUMAN AND LIVE LIKE A HUMAN. DO NOT LIVE LIKE ANIMALS.

The feeling of Religion or language or caste or creede or nationality is just a way to keep the people of that particular place united. But think this way. We are all HUMANS where ever we live or what ever language we seek or what ever religion we follow or what ever color we are.

If we are not united as humans and if we fight and suppress and even kill for what we beleive for then where is the humanity? where is the unity as a human? What is the difference between this kind of people and animals?

The above reasons are the politicians tools to keep us seperated so that they can stand their political lives. Lets not fall victims for such conspiracy. Lets all be humans.
Animal
This is not a discussion about religion. It is a valid point raised by a user regarding his posts. If you want to discuss religion, please use the appropriate forum.

The original point appears to have been answered, but to reiterate: If you feel that you are being "bullied" or subjected to harsh treatment by any other user on the Frihost Forums for any reason at all (this may or may not be based on your religion), please PM any Moderator or Administrator and we will swiftly deal with the issue.

To prevent any more offtopic / spam replies, I'll -close- this thread but if you do have any concerns regarding this, again - please contact a moderator.