FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost notifications caught by spam filter

LukeakaDanish
Hi,

Today I noticed (for the first time) that some frihost notifications where being caught by the gmail spam filter.

The reason I'm reporting this, is that the forum would be MUCH less active and MUCH harder to use, if this problem gets worse, and all the frihost mails start getting caught by the filter.

I don't know if there are steps you can take to solve this problem, however if there is, I suggest they be taken...Confused

I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, however I ended up putting it here - feel free to move it.
ocalhoun
Can't you modify your spam filter to ignore frihost's address?

I don't know what kind of E-mail you have, but on hotmail, its called the trusted sites list or something like that.
ocalhoun wrote:
Can't you modify your spam filter to ignore frihost's address?

I don't know what kind of E-mail you have, but on hotmail, its called the trusted sites list or something like that.

I know I can (its gmail), however a lot of people wont think of that. I felt a notification about the problem was neccesary.
Animal
Just add the "from" address to your address book and it'll always get through.
LukeakaDanish
Animal wrote:
Just add the "from" address to your address book and it'll always get through.

Hm...did you read my second post?

I know I can avoid having my frihost mail filtered out, but I'm concerned that other people will stop receiving mail from frihost without realizing that its being filtered out.
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Hm...did you read my second post?

Yes. I did.

LukeakaDanish wrote:
I know I can avoid having my frihost mail filtered out, but I'm concerned that other people will stop receiving mail from frihost without realizing that its being filtered out.

I'm guessing that there will be a few users experiencing the same problem you have. Therefore by telling you how to make sure the email makes it past the spam filter, I'm also telling everyone else who reads the topic how to do so. I wasn't being condescending, I was just trying to help. Smile