FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spots/Acne

ncwdavid
Hey, I have alot of spots on my face like the ones with the whitey yellow stuff in them and i really want to get rid of them and have clear skin. I have tried millions of face washes but they all seem the same. All the spots seem to be around facial hair areas on my face and a few on my forehead. Does anyone else here have this or used to have it?how did you stop it?what was the best face wash or method?
CrimsonStrange
Sounds like you've got really oily skin and your pores are large & clog up quickly & easily, ncwdavid.
I empathize & sympathize with you, man.

Well, if you're rich, there are tons of commercial acne cleansers out there that'll promise you perfect skin in 2 weeks... but it's all B.S.
They prey on people who are desperate to fit in with some overblown, ultra-perfected stereotype that is unbelieveable and unattainable.
Don't let the seemingly-heartfelt, teary testimonials fool you - those people are paid well to promote that product.

The main things to figure out are:

1. What's your skin type? Oily, dry, combination?
2. Rule out any possible allergen - maybe it's actually an allergic reaction to something you're around constantly.
3. Is it genetic? Ask your dad or mom if they had bad acne as a teenager/young adult.

Here's a link with some info that might help a bit

And another link from AskMen.com

I wish you luck in your search for information and relief, ncwdavid. I hope you can find something that helps you out without emptying your wallet.

Tea tree oil helps a bit, but it's extremely drying to your skin... which can cause more blemishes.
And most astringents are nothing more than rubbing alcohol with a little fragrance added.
I've used toothpaste in the past to quickly shrink a really inflamed pimple and take some of the redness out. I suppose you could do the same with anything that contained mint or menthol.
I really do advise against popping all those zits, because when you get older, you'll have scars & little "potholes" in your skin, especially on your cheeks & forehead.

Just do some research on male acne & treatments and talk to a pharmacist; see what he/she recommends... but don't let them steer you towards the most expensive cleaner/cream/treatment in the store, ok? And don't let it get you down, either. Chances are you'll grow out of most of it. Wink

Good luck!

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses." - Proverbs 27:19
Nikkori
Yeah... and maybe you're a teenager. I have many pimples when I was in my high school years, but later when I'm in my college, like now, they have just lifted up... ^_^
bambholebaba
Quote:
Just do some research on male acne & treatments and talk to a pharmacist; see what he/she recommends... but don't let them steer you towards the most expensive cleaner/cream/treatment in the store, ok? And don't let it get you down, either. Chances are you'll grow out of most of it. Wink

Good luck!

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses." - Proverbs 27:19

Nice!!!! An antibiotic ''DOXYCYCLINE'' should work to some extent.
lalune
Sometimes it's in your diet! Do you eat enough fruit and veg? The recommended intake per day per person is 5 portions. TRY IT and STOP eating fast food and fried food for 2 weeks and you'll be able to see some results.

Facial washes are only secondary measures but doesn't stop pimples from developing. If you don't take care of the problem now you might end up with blemsish marks and that's really quite difficult to get rid of entirely... Good Luck!
em0o
some of it is just a matter of hormonal imbalance. You can always go see a dermatologist and see if you are a candidate for accutane. That has helped some people with their acne/blackhead problems.