FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mysql

Kurosaki-Ichigo
Ok so for my website i think a forum wont fit since it really takes up bandwidth so what i did was asked my friend to give me 1GB space on his servers. No my problem is that ive not got a Mysql so i am asking this.

Can i use your mysql Databases ? If so what do i change ?

Im guessing its the Localhost you have to change to frihost.net ? or maybe my websites name ?
Daniel15
You may use our MySQL databases, although it may be slow to say the least Razz Instead of using 'localhost', use 'frih.net'. Doing that, it should work. Just make sure that the MySQL permissions (username and password) are set up properly, and everything should work as expected.

You could try hosting your forum here (just as you're beginning your site), and see how much bandwidth it takes up Smile.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Hey thnx. Now i can rest in peace Very Happy . Heh ... Ive not tried it yet.

About the thing. Due to the fact that my forum has gone really high up in topsites (for some reason) it will take up alot of Bandwidth. Is it possible for me to get more bandwidth ?

Yes i know its unfair but im just asking.
scotty
You're not going to get it by asking publicly. I think it was one of Bondings' guidelines when he started this to give every person the same service.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Hmm .... Ye good decision. By the way. I cant host the forum here because its a VBulletin board and were not allowed it here.
Animal
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Is it possible for me to get more bandwidth?

No, this isn't possible.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
the host frih.net is not working. Could you guys check it ?
Animal
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
the host frih.net is not working. Could you guys check it ?

It's working fine for me.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Quote:
The following error occured:
mySQL Error: Could not get a connection, please ensure that your mySQL username, password and host are correct

What should i do ? Im using the ipb converter. Hey, how about i give the password and everything and you do it for me.

Unless you cant be trusted.

Note : The password i might give you is used by *all* the users i have made on the net.

Can you be trusted ?
Bondings
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
What should i do ? Im using the ipb converter. Hey, how about i give the password and everything and you do it for me.

Unless you cant be trusted.

Note : The password i might give you is used by *all* the users i have made on the net.

Can you be trusted ?

You should never give a personal password to someone else or at least try to prevent it at all costs. Instead change the password to some random one and then provide it. Wink
Kurosaki-Ichigo
So bondings ? You are saying you can do it for me ? But see bondings dear friend the mysql db is used by another forum so if i change it the forum will go down (meaning my whole site since its a portal) . So what do you reckon ?
syntax101
im using dreamweaver tp make this page and upload it on frihost but there was and error "Invalid path: /domains/taconline.frih.net/public_html/cafe_townsend/<, Paths must also begin with a forward slash (/)"

THIS is the code found in my connection folder. the file name is connTownsend.php

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_connTownsend = "localhost";
$database_connTownsend = "syntax10_cafetownsend";
$username_connTownsend = "syntax10_1";
$password_connTownsend = "<password removed>";

$connTownsend = mysql_pconnect($hostname_connTownsend, $username_connTownsend, $password_connTownsend) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

here is the link of the post about mysql that i made(w/pictures)
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-587475.html&highlight=&sid=9a53e961e6b59dfb4f872ef02e18694a#587475

why does it still contain an error. can anybody teach me.
Code:

Edited by tidruG : Please avoid posting such private information as the password to your database.