FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shortcut to select the temporary boot priority

shahnawaz
Hi every body... I know the shortcut for selecting the boot priority which we need at the time of instalation .. at the time of instalation we always go into the setup and change the first booting priority to the CD-Rom So that we can boot our computer from the CD-Rom.. So now we don't have to change the boot priority from the setup but we can do this only inserting the bootable CD into the CD-Rom and press the F10 key and u will be prompted to select the temporary booting device...
So keep it up and enjoy!!!!!!
ocalhoun
That only works on certain BIOS's (although many support it, it may be a different key).

Anyway, the boot from CD option will only do anything if the CD is bootable. If the CD is not bootable, the BIOS will ignore it during startup. Therefore, there is no reason not to always have your CD drive be the primary boot device. (Unless you're extremely devoted to fast startups, that is: the BIOS will take a couple nanoseconds to determine if the CD is bootable.)
shahnawaz
ocalhoun wrote:
That only works on certain BIOS's (although many support it, it may be a different key).

Anyway, the boot from CD option will only do anything if the CD is bootable. If the CD is not bootable, the BIOS will ignore it during startup. Therefore, there is no reason not to always have your CD drive be the primary boot device. (Unless you're extremely devoted to fast startups, that is: the BIOS will take a couple nanoseconds to determine if the CD is bootable.)

I Think it is very helpful to me because on some pc's there is BIOS password and i alwyas face the problem to get in the BIOS, and This Key is helpful to me to change the booting priority without entering in the BIOS Setup...
and it is one way to save the time as well...