FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wireles connection & mac keys - help! :)

kla_bor
Hi Everyone!

Seeking some advice as I've messed up my wireless connection at home!

Last night I looked at the setting on my Philips wireless base unit and decided to add a few mac keys so only certain computers can use the connection.

I placed the mac key of my brother's laptop and pressed submit, then all of a sudden the internet connection dropped and I've not been able to connect since. I also cannot delete the mac keys I've added as the Philips software uses the internet to change them.

Now was I supposed to add the mac key of the desktop PC?

Will un installing it do any good? System restore? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!
flameboy1974
You are going to have to reset the router. There should be a small hole (most likly on the back side). You will need to push a ball poit pen or the end of a paper clip into the hole. Remove power from the router and wait around 30 sec and then plug back in. If you had any custom setting you will need to reinput them. Next time you start adding addresses, add the address of the machine you are using to access the router first.
scotty
I know that if you hard wire a computer in it overrides that MAC address blocking thing. Well at least that's what happens on mine.