FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One prob with kids

Codeman1
Ive noticed that kids tend to like some one but dont want to ask the person they like out because there scared there mom and dad will say something. I have a friend like this what should he do?
Sadow
Codeman1 wrote:
Ive noticed that kids tend to like some one but dont want to ask the person they like out because there scared there mom and dad will say something. I have a friend like this what should he do?

You probably mean kids of the age around 14 - 16 years old? Well, to tell you the truth, being scared of your future mother-in-law or fathter-in-law won't help a bit. I say, just go and ask anyways and meet the parents.
What's a little sneaky but what may help is for your friend to buy something for her/his parents like a bottle of wine or something. Razz
Nikkori
Kids, or let's say teens under 18 commonly have infatuations or crushes, and those are not the reasons to ask someone they like out because they are sure their parents would say something about being not prepared to get involved to such relationship, but to enjoy the thrilling feelings of puppy love. But if they are mature enough and know the real meaning of love, they would do anything just to win the one they like, or in more serious situation, the one they love.
You situation for kids is just okay... It's normal.
c'tair
Ok, im 16 years old and I can say a few things about this matter:
First off, I know theres a difference between a crush and love, kids get a crush and teenagers/adults love. And theres the thing that we dont want to confront our significant other with our family fearing that they might shame us. Imagine, your with your love and you unexpectadly (sp?) meet your parents and theyre smiling/laughing because they think you just discovered love and they have some wierd notions about love (most adults I know do) and they treat you like a younger kid and try to be funny infront of her/him by passivly humiliating you, showing her/him your baby pictures, making some jokes about you etc. Ive had to live through that a couple of times and this time Id really not like to crash into my parents.
Also, because love is shared between two people, but because of family ties, they have to share it with thier family, as in if youd want to invite her/him to your place youd have to confront your parents, because all in all its thier house.
And like you said above, parents think that if your under 18 your incapable of real love and you just get a crush on somebody (because adults usually think theyre the smartest and know everything). To be honest, the thing I feel for a girl is special enough that Id risk saying that my parents dont know that feeling, because for them its just a relationship (and theres so much other things to do like school, work, etc.). Ok, I could add more but I gotta go to school =P.
Subsonic Sound
I'd say that under 16 or 17, you're very very unlikley to find real love. If you do, good on you. It's not impossible. But most people who find love below those ages seem to quickly discover they were wrong.

And for the record, I'm only 20, and I'm drawing very much on personal experience.
Vandalyzed
Just one point to add.......concerning the first reply........

Buying a bottle of wine for the parents wouldnt really leave a good impression. In your example it was a 14-16 yr old....... Any 14-16 yr olds really have a clue about wine?

And if they do.........why? lol
livilou
c'tair wrote:
Ok, im 16 years old and I can say a few things about this matter:
First off, I know theres a difference between a crush and love, kids get a crush and teenagers/adults love. And theres the thing that we dont want to confront our significant other with our family fearing that they might shame us. Imagine, your with your love and you unexpectadly (sp?) meet your parents and theyre smiling/laughing because they think you just discovered love and they have some wierd notions about love (most adults I know do) and they treat you like a younger kid and try to be funny infront of her/him by passivly humiliating you, showing her/him your baby pictures, making some jokes about you etc. Ive had to live through that a couple of times and this time Id really not like to crash into my parents.
Also, because love is shared between two people, but because of family ties, they have to share it with thier family, as in if youd want to invite her/him to your place youd have to confront your parents, because all in all its thier house.
And like you said above, parents think that if your under 18 your incapable of real love and you just get a crush on somebody (because adults usually think theyre the smartest and know everything). To be honest, the thing I feel for a girl is special enough that Id risk saying that my parents dont know that feeling, because for them its just a relationship (and theres so much other things to do like school, work, etc.). Ok, I could add more but I gotta go to school =P.

First off, may I never do that stuff to my boys until after they are married!!! Very Happy

Second, believe it or not, parents do know more than you realize. We've already been through it before. And if your parents are anything like me, I don't want my children to make the same mistakes I did. I've just realized that they have to to grow up. Doesn't mean I have to like it! You are correct in thinking that parents don't know everything, but try to remember that they are trying to give you the benefit of their experience, not trying to ruin your life.
Rico
People spend a lifetime learning about other people. This experience is what is needed to form your opinions of people’s character. I intentionally don’t use the phrase character judgments because it may sound derogatory. The parents in this case have an advantage in that they have had a lot more time to learn and form their opinions, it will be advantageous to the young person to make use of this data.
Wahwah Man
tell your friend hes a newb cause if his parents really love him they'll respect his relationships. if they dont then its their problem and will have o live with it.

His parents might just be jealous that they arent the only ones getting the attention for once.
xkobram
Codeman1 wrote:

It depends on parents and education. I know some people who have this probs. SOmetimes i dont wanna talk with my father about my girlfriend and friend because he is always making jokes on it.