FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i'm new

tonerj
i joined so i can use the web hosting service. the faqs said that you can get a domain, but it's a better idea to get a sub domain so i can have the option of using multiple domains. how do i go about getting a domain once i'm eligible for web hosting?
xorcist
tonerj wrote:
i joined so i can use the web hosting service. the faqs said that you can get a domain, but it's a better idea to get a sub domain so i can have the option of using multiple domains. how do i go about getting a domain once i'm eligible for web hosting?

Frihost does not sell domains. You can buy a domain from alot of companies you can see some cheap domains at http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-66.html
ninjakannon
tonerj wrote:

Once you're eligible for hosting you must go to your account page and request your web space. If you're posts are considered to be of good enough quality and you have enough (more than the required 5 is always a bonus) then your request will be accepted.

I hope this awnsers your question, tonerj.
Blaster
You have to buy a domain from like www.godaddy.com you can use a something.frih.net subdomain if you want. you can have say something.frih.net and a something.com domain name too but you have to pay for the domain name. You can usually find a cheap domain name for like 10 bucks a year. Frihost however doesnt' sell domain names. But the something.frih.net subdomain is free. You only get one of them though.
johnsonap
So i have a domain name (won't publish it on here, as don't believe it would set a good exmple advertising in one of my first posts Laughing )
but am now just looking for a good reliable web host, so that i can upload my changes at work etc, have i come to the right place, and will this all be simple enough for someone like me to do??
Animal
johnsonap wrote:
will this all be simple enough for someone like me to do??

Yes, you can. If you Search the forum, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to host yourdomain too.