FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Selling Songs

Cwin1024
I am a song writer, and I want to know how to sell my songs. Who do I contact and how do I go about getting them sold? I have one that I think is worth a lot of money, and I have been holding on to it for years. For a lot of my friends, it's the song they always want me to play for them with my guitar, and they know all the words, too.
JBotAlan
I know nothing personally about selling music. Just googling around found these sites:

http://www.musiciansatlas.com/
http://easybe.com/
http://www.musicbizacademy.com/knab/articles/sellonline1.htm

The first two are commercial solutions, and they cost money to use. The third looks to be what you're looking for--a guide on how to sell music.

Now, personally, I wouldn't buy music from an artist that's not on the map, that I can't preview the tracks at the very least. If it was me, I'd try putting a few tracks online for free--people can pass them around and you'd get free advertising if you really are that good.

But, like I said, I don't know much about selling anything.

Good luck.

JBot
Scott
I think it's difficult, to say the least. But if you stick to it, you could end up selling some. One song probably won't get you too far however, you have to establish yourself. I think "one hit wonders" usually have connections in the music biz.

Start a website, put some recorded songs on there for free, see if you can attract any attention. Send your stuff to some labels.
ninjakannon
I'm not sure exactly how you go about it. However I would have thought that it would be a good idea to make your songs avaliable for download on iTunes and popular music download websites. If you're wanting to publish your music and sell it on CDs then I would recomend finding publishing companies on Google and going from there.

I hope this is helpful, although it may not be of any use whatsoever.
Magicman
If you want some publicity try making a myspace for your music than try to advertise there by adding a whole bunch of people. Selling your songs electronically would probably be your best bet and would most likely cost less than having them burned onto a cd by professionals. If you had a whole cd of songs and not just one you could burn them yourself and get a cd labeler system and sell copies yourself.
DeviousRiders
i am doing the same thing just do this and print out a paper wit the cd cover make the cd and then sell em for 5 bucks a pice