FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to earn money when at college

andy26
hi if anyone knows any ways of earning extra money whilst at college please post i. this post goes out mainly to people in the uk.
i know if your pearnts earn under 3000 u can recive ema which is 30 a week if u atend fully. but i was wondering if there was any other ways of earning cash ok i could get a job but im already atendin college 7 hours a day or more. so if u know any other free grants or anything please tell me.
ocalhoun
If my application is accepted, I'll be working at my college. That'll get me the money I need (like my current job does), but it'll also get me free tuition and discounts on all books.

Even going to college full-time, there should still be enough time for a part-time job.
SunburnedCactus
I work long distance for a company over the internet part-time, though I have so much else on at the moment I haven't been very active of late.
andy26
SunburnedCactus wrote:
I work long distance for a company over the internet part-time, though I have so much else on at the moment I haven't been very active of late.

hi how do you get a job for these online companys because i also had that in mind once but i dont know if there safe and any good which one are you working for could you send me a link to there site please.
bonestorm74
Well this is coming from an Australian so it may not be applicable to a lot of you, but I did fruit picking during the summer months while I was studying.

I picked pretty much everything. Watermelons, which weren't much fun because they were heavy (throwing them around for 8 or 10 hours in the hot sun can be quite draining). I also picked nectarines, grapes, tomatoes, you name it.

The pay is not particularly good but at least it was something to keep my busy and give me a bit of cash to spend. Only recommended if you can't find somethign better. :p
Rad Ultima 2
I actually just got in college. Here in Georgia (USA), we have these too grants called "Hope" and "Pell" (spelling?). You can get these things by filling out a FASFA form and by keeping a B average (80% GPA or 3.0). The grades are needed for the Hope, but I'm not sure about the Pell.

The Hope covers for pretty much all tuition (if public college) or up to $4,000(Private)? The Pell gives you money depending on how 'dependent' you are on your parents and such, I think. For instance, if they don't have a large income, etc.

Because these are grants, you don't have to pay them back, so they are like "free money." Laughing These two things really saved me when I just started. I currently have enough money for me to search for a job (which I'm filling out my resume right now to work for Shaw.)
haris3
I'm so busy with school and work i don't even have time to post. my account is always below -4 points. Having an online job is too much, it's good if you are free but there really are not that many jobs out there online that you can trust and pay a fee to join them.
brycearonium
if you're into computers, look at becoming a campus rep, say for apple. you get paid about 150 a week, for few hours. plus you get free stuff, and it's a really fun job. I'm sure there are campus rep's for other things too.
ncwdavid
Just get your parents to give you money every week into your bank account like my brother does. he goes into the college from monday - friday and comes home at the weekends and my parents give him 200 euro for the 5 days. that a good 40 euro a day he gets and accomidation and everything is paid for already but he still manages to come home on the weekends with all of it spent.
ItsWesley
Some colleges in the UK have jobs available in their librarys, and my college has this thing where you get paid to go to schools and tell the students about the college and stuff. Either that or get a job.
roninmedia
My friends and I make money from sports books or poker playing. Not that I advocate any gambling. Smile
xpiamchris
A good thing to do is look for paid internships. Internships help you receive experience outside of school in areas you may be interested in, while providing you with money to buy cool things with : )
andy26
thanx for the advice people keep it coming in wont ya i still would like a online job or something.
kannadi
Part time jobs or doing some project works is the best means.
cathylmg
If you are in college, you will have enough buddies to do paid to click programs. Just signup with at least 10 of them, do up a web-page with a free web host and promote it via word of mouth, free classified ads, brouchers, or stick-up advertisements on your campers. You can find such programs by doing a search with any search engines. Just make sure that they have low payout rate and pays via paypal.

I won't promise that you'll big bucks immediately. The key to earning money from such programs is to constantly recruit downlines & encouraging them to first, click on the ads every 2 to 3 days themselves to remain active, Second, constantly recruit downlines, third, encourage downlines to do the first & the second. In time to come, income from such programs can be sustainable. Just like any mlm.

Cathy Liew
http://govege.blogspot.com
lukeropro
Whether you can earn money from pay per click programs depends on whether your site is popular or not, if you have a website which is not so popular then forget signing up for pay per click programs.
cathylmg
lukeropro wrote:
Whether you can earn money from pay per click programs depends on whether your site is popular or not, if you have a website which is not so popular then forget signing up for pay per click programs.

I'd think that if you get downlines that you can coach on a one-to-one basis, teach & and encourage them personally, have weekly or monthly meetings for mutual support, and teach them to do the same, the pay could be sustainable. And it is easier to get downlines for such programs as compared to any mlm simply because it is free to join. Just get a book to readup about direct sales & marketing, follow the steps inside. Its all the same. Personal touch is the key.

Cathy Liew
http://govege.blogspot.com
venkateshwarans
Become a freelancer. A couple of my friends learnt photoshop, flash.. They design wallpapers. They have even designed a movie banner for an indian film. They got the order from friends.
You could also try surveyscout.com You get paid to answer surveys.
astearon
I never found anything good on the internet that could post as a profitable part time/full time job for me... (i am a student also)
medievalman26
I would say take an A+ certification class and take the test. If you pass you can get a job fixing computers which can get you some pretty good cash while going to school.
sbel
work at a pub. or a cafe. You won't earn much but at least it helps alot
cathylmg
On the contrary, I hope this message won't get deleted, you can make some money by posting content on to this forum:-

My Lot
xodia
medievalman26 wrote:
I would say take an A+ certification class and take the test. If you pass you can get a job fixing computers which can get you some pretty good cash while going to school.

ok... so how do you do this???
manum
i suggest u learn php, html, css and js and start working for people round the globe....

u can get web development jobs which pay u good money at

http://www.getafreelancer.com

or

http://www.rentacoder.com

Good Luck
vw_bugg
roninmedia wrote:
My friends and I make money from sports books or poker playing. Not that I advocate any gambling. Smile

I do not recomend gambleing because it can consume you, you will at best if you r lucky break even and think about if you had a really job how much more money you could make with the same amount of hours spent on gambling.
thealpha
i recommend you to do some part-time clerk or some part-time tutor
nappy
If you're looking a an ema, I guess you're a UK student doing Alevels or such?

I'm stuck in a similar position although I'm at Uni.....have you tried local shops? Alternatively, find your niche and get ebaying! I'm funding my course making cloth nappies in my spare time! Hopefully this site will give me enough to post up my webpage
Alias
I would suggest that you must find a paid internship or accepting some paid thesis projects.

In internship you will have some job experience you maybe interested in while being paid by the company you applied for. Also it must be inline with your college course so that you may develop and apply the knowledge that you've learned in actual work.

However, about accepting some paid thesis project would be a great money income too. Though it's a little bit hard because you will develop a proposed system of a graduating student.

good luck and have fun. Razz
akshar
Quote:
nice ,safre and efficient way of making money is to make your own site and make available many necessary things required by students like tutorials notes etc .u can also add many helpful links on ur site.once ur sites demand increases u can start putting adds on ur site which will pay u for hits
this will not only make u famous but adds to ur budget.all the best and enjoy
sbel
Do you want to earn pocket money or earn to pay your tuition?
If you want to pay for your tuition, work for your college.
watersoul
Part time job anywhere has been my solution. I'ts not so bad for me now at Uni as the student loan is enough to cover bills etc, but I do feel for you at college, I was in the same position a couple of years ago, working 25 hours per week and doing 35 hours in lessons - it was a nightmare but I did it.

Oh when you do get to Uni (hope you will), if you and your parents made a statement to the education authority that your relashionsip has permanently broken down, and you have another address for mail (a friends?), you get the full student loan regardless of your parents income.

Obviously I would never ever ever condone lying (so don't do it!), but I know loads of people who've done this, and at the end of the day you have to pay the money back so no-one loses out really Wink
Hoogeveense RAT
I think you could make websites and sell it, the samething as I do. Antoher thing you can do is playning poker on the internet. You can earn a lot of money if you are a good player. This don't cost you anything
Packfan104L4
I do online surveys combined with 40 hours a week of work. I pull at LEAST 550 a week, not bad for a full time college student.
yazi_reloaded
I work for my college as a guidance counselor. Its a good job. The pay is well as well as helping my mates.
evilryu530
surveys online
rheanna
Laughing If your a girl just dance or go on girls gone wild Laughing Cool Not sure if it's out in Britan yet though...
illegalhost
I think you can try part timing as waiter? Or distribute flyers? Or u could always volunteer at the local zoo - they always need help but maybe the cash is not as good. other suggestions - well, forget it, LOL.
man_nerss
akshar wrote:
Quote:
nice ,safre and efficient way of making money is to make your own site and make available many necessary things required by students like tutorials notes etc .u can also add many helpful links on ur site.once ur sites demand increases u can start putting adds on ur site which will pay u for hits
this will not only make u famous but adds to ur budget.all the best and enjoy

I really like this idea..i work for my college as student ambassador, i get to go around other schools(High school) tellin dem how great my college is!
Another idea is online competitions..My mate who entered the Bebo Movie competition won it got paid over 2 grand nd is now workin over der for the summer still gettin paid!!