FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

uploading avis banned?

Kelcey
Hey there,

I was trying to upload an avi video that was 13 megs. It was a match video I took part in. It will "upload" the file for a while and eventually just say the upload failed. This was using cpanel.

When I tried filezilla, I get timeouts and the client tries to re-upload the file again and I eventually get a "too many retries" error.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Bondings
I can only tell you to try it again. It might work this time. You can always try filezilla, I never had problems with that one.

If that still doesn't work, try to minimize the file by either putting it into a zip file or making an mpeg. If it still doesn't work, use a file hosting service or try google video.
Kelcey
actually, I eventually got it up. For some reason it'd keep timing out every once in a while... I just kept continually resuming it and it eventually finished, heh.
criticaldensity
yeah ive been trying to get a movie file uploaded and it keeps giving me upload failed after 5 minutes. I was able to get a 157mb movie uploaded last week, but now i cant get a 28mb movie to upload. WTH??