FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How long to wait for sex?

Dean_The_Great
How long have you/do you/ or would you wait until you began a sexual relationship question? Just something to toss out there.

I say it depends on the relationship, but I like to wait until it looks like the relationship is gonna last a long while.

Opinions?
Citizen Kane
I say it also depends on intentions. If you're seeing eachother for the fysical reasons; no time to waiste then I think. But if your seeing eachother for love, it would be wise (but by all means not obligatorily) to wait until both parters have been used to eachother.
andy26
thats a hard one i supose. i guess the right moment is when ur at least a year past the alowed age to have sex and been with this person a long time so theres plenty of trust e.t.c
Cwin1024
I had sex with my husband on the night we met. I was not the kind of person to do such a thing, I just kinda fell in love with him at first sight. We got married a year later, and have been married now for 3 years. Our anniversary was yesterday.
SunburnedCactus
Cwin1024 wrote:
I had sex with my husband on the night we met. I was not the kind of person to do such a thing, I just kinda fell in love with him at first sight. We got married a year later, and have been married now for 3 years. Our anniversary was yesterday.

Congratulations to you!

Similar thing happened with me and my beloved, we were in bed on the second night we met. It doesn't sound particularly romantic but worked for us, couldn't be happier at the moment with the way things are going.

That said I certainly wouldn't make it a focus/aim of a relationship, there's got to be a lot more to it if it is actually going to mean something.

But it sure is fun... Wink
andy26
cool congrats to you.
m00tmuffin
I think it depends on your personal preference, your mood on a given day, your attraction to your partner, how comfortable your partner is...et cetera. There are too many variables so really you just have to sort of figure it out yourself because your situation is going to differ based on a multitude of things. Sit down with yourself and think what is appropriate based on your situation, and then maybe sit down with your partner and talk to them about it and get a feel for where you are at in the relationship and if either of you feel as though you've reached that comfort and/or trust level yet. Go at your own pace, and make sure you (or your partner) aren't rushing into things. And don't rush the other person, either, that's no good.
Srs2388
I'm still trying to wait until I'm married... I know its old fashioned though =p
shrinkwrap
I could wait quite a long time. Sex really isn't as important to me.
benjmd
If you just want sex for the physical part, well then you might as well just do it. But I don't think that's a very good way to go about things.

If you're in it for the relationship, realize how intimate and special sex can be and treat it appropriately. When real feelings are involved, sex can initiate some serious attachment between two people (no pun intended). Thus it's probably a good idea to be in love with someone first so that you don't end up loving them just because of the sex. Conversely, people want to be touched and romanced and feel desired and you shouldn't avoid physical contact.

I say, if you love the person and feel you could share emotional things just as intimate with them as the physical experience of sex/nudity, then let it happen.
sodredge
Normally I would say it depends on the relationship though since I am trying to walk in this odd thing called faith, I will be the "deer in the headlights" once again. How about waiting till marrage. Very Happy

I have been in some great relationships and though they rocked I think it would have been cool to have waited and handed my wife my virginity. That seems to have been the thing with alot of women though can you imagine in todays day and age considering how much a "dog" most of us guys are, too have waited and actually given her the keys to your sexuality for the first time. That would so have rocked. Those young guys out there who can still say that, they so rock. Very Happy
HoboPelican
Cwin1024 wrote:

A belated Congrats!

My wife and I wound up in bed on our first date, but sex had to wait a few days:-) That was unusual for both of us, but I think the key thing is that you should wait as long as it takes for both (or all) of the people involved to feel the time is right. That could be one hour or the wedding night.
just-in
Interesting Topic...

But Who wants to wait for sex man! If things go welll on any given time people are ready to go for it. I don't think anyone will say 'No... not now. let's wait for better time' Smile

Now a days even early teens try it if they are left alone for some time.

I read somebody saying 'I am waiting for my marrige, then I'll have sex'... Great! you are a gem of a virgin guy man... I wish you should get a wife like you.

Let me end with my story...

I almost had sex with my girlfriends so far... except one.. (damn Evil or Very Mad she never allowed me to the extreme).

Its not that I forced them to have it with me but it happened.

After reading the above lines, Don't just mark me as a 'BAD BOY' because I am talking about the reality.

But Everything happened after I was 21.

May be I can put it this way... I waited for 21 years.

Wink
Subsonic Sound
My girlfriend wants to wait until we're married, she's always said so.

I can't say I've waited... I've slept with previous girlfriends. From a relatively (but not outrageously) young age, as well.

But there are two reasons I don't mind her wanting to wait. I love her. I care for her. And I'd NEVER make her do anything she didn't want. That's the whole point of consensuality. If she wants to wait, we wait.

And the other reason... heh... let's just say it's only actual intercourse she wants to wait for. Very Happy
blue77
For me the apropriate period to wait for sex is no more than one month. For me is normal if two people like each outher to get in closer relationships in this period and to know better. I'm a girl and I'm 25 years old.
I understand that in some countries premarrital sex is tooic with different meaning.
shinnoyami
I've waited 10 months to have sex with my current boyfriend. we were both virgins and were nervous, that's why we waited for so long. I'm glad that we waited for so long, it made everything more special.
Linda_B
I think sex is part of any healthy relationship. There are compatability issues there as well, and if you wait till after you're married and you find out that the sex doesn't work... well then you are stuck in a pickle... to me that's a very scarry thought.

I go with what my gut tells me. I've had sex the first night I met someone and I've held of for a while and in the end it's the same thing. Either you fit together or you don't. So as to not contradict what I said above, sex is a big part of a relationship, but it's not everything. Two people just have to be good for each other on many different levels to make the relationship work.
tingkagol
no need to wait.
livilou
I realize it's already been stated, but I would like to say wait until you're married. I've regretted that I didn't, but if you decide not to wait for that, at least make sure that you're relationship is ready for that huge of a step.
molif
haha.. maybe im more to conservative kind of person which im willing to wait to the night when me and my sweetheart will get married.. and im gonna make that night so special that its gonna be the best night in my entire life..

well, im against pre-marital sex.. i guess some ppl may think im stupid to waste time on just one girl.. well, i don think so.. i willing to wait..
imkin
Well If u r in love and undertsand ur partner and urself .. u willl know when to do it ...

Its alll about ur comfort level ...

-imkin
bluefossil
"wait"? "how long"? Is that a trick question? The answer is IMMEDIATELY
Mrs Lycos
The thing is that today it's
SEX = Pleasure
but it also carries resposibility and consequently maturity in a couple, and there are few people who understand this.
Once you have sex with another person, you get mixed with the other person. You become part of each other. it's only fluids, you maight say, but it's your esence too. I wouldn't want to get mixed with strangers, one night stands', or even a person I met two months ago. This is the underlying concept of waiting until you find the right person, the person you'll be sharing your life (or most of it).
Blaster
It deffenitly depends on the person and all. Some want it sooner then others. I would have to say that guys should wait untill the girl is ready. But i think that girls should also asks when the guy is ready. You should both want to make that sacrifice at the same time. Or else it isn't enjoyable.
rainmaker
Hello...

I think it really depends. When entering a relationship, one should have a holistic viewpoint.

This means that a person should consider not only his/her own wishes, but the other person's as well. Really, this is sort of common sense, but it lays the foundation for a strong, constructive relationship that will be fulfilling to both partners.

One other element that is often not considered is the fact that others outside of the relationship should be considered as well. In some cases, a relationship may be inappropriate for two people, because it may have adverse effects on loved ones. For instance, consider a married man that decides he wants to have a discreet relationship with another man. It is, of course, important to consider the needs and wants of both the male partners, but the wife should be considered as well. A failure to do so will likely lead to the proverbial lover's triangle scenario.

Does that make sense, or are my thoughts totally off topic?

--rainmaker
MicahsFriends
Dudes and ladies wait till you are married. IF you don't it will be like a bug and rule your relationship. You will be ruined for life and will have a hard time getting back on track.
Wahwah Man
i'd just say to let the lady decide.

i'm fine to wait until the right time comes.
benjmd
MicahsFriends wrote:
Dudes and ladies wait till you are married. IF you don't it will be like a bug and rule your relationship. You will be ruined for life and will have a hard time getting back on track.

I know a couple that didn't wait till marriage and they have been happily married for 54 years. Both are very happy, successful, God-loving people.

Absolute statements are often very flimsy as a single contrary example overturns them.
Dronzar21
I think it depends on your personal preference, your mood on a given day, your attraction to your partner, how comfortable your partner is...et cetera. There are too many variables so really you just have to sort of figure it out yourself because your situation is going to differ based on a multitude of things. Sit down with yourself and think what is appropriate based on your situation, and then maybe sit down with your partner and talk to them about it and get a feel for where you are at in the relationship and if either of you feel as though you've reached that comfort and/or trust level yet. Go at your own pace, and make sure you (or your partner) aren't rushing into things. And don't rush the other person, either, that's no good. Yea even I agree on this.
Liam21
Not to turn anyone's crank too hard, but I find waiting until marriage to be a little out-dated.

Everyone gives these people props for their decision but I can't help thinking to myself, what if you get married and then there's the big night and it's a total dissappointment and a point of contention for the rest of your marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like being successful at sex with your spouse is 80% how much you love them, but there is that 20%...

It's not like virginity is really vallued that much by men these days anyways, and it's not as if marriages are as eternal as they used to be.

In my opinion, noble gesture, but not applicable any more.
Vanilla
Cwin1024 wrote:

It depends on how many time do you nedd to feel confortable with the person that you'll have sex. It can be a day, a month, a year... And you should be a really happy person with your husband! Congrats! Wink
JoeFriday
Cwin1024 wrote:

Congratulations! that's very cool for the both of you

my brother, who has been married 8 years now, told me the same story.. and I admit I've had sex with various girlfriends on the first date.. with relationships that lasted several years

but on average, I'd say I usually wait about 3 weeks.. which generally comes out to about a half dozen dates.. by then you know if you're planning to have a long-term relationship, and some sexual tension has probably built up

either way.. the first night, or several weeks.. works just fine for me.. it all depends on the chemistry between us
irinaonline
don't get me wrong. but with most ladies i enjoyed sex already in the first night. it's also a barometer that you can say how compatible you are with your new partner.

if you wait too long, it could be wasted time. because what do you have from the fact, that you can speak with her on good themes but in the bed you are like full the opposite.

just my thoughts on this ...
danuqui
There isn't a regel. You can't calculate it!. It fells!

Dean_The_Great wrote:
How long have you/do you/ or would you wait until you began a sexual relationship question? Just something to toss out there.

I say it depends on the relationship, but I like to wait until it looks like the relationship is gonna last a long while.

Opinions?
holly.rebecca
All of this deep, conscious, self-and-partner-respecting talk sounds really lovely and sweet, but....

Come on people. This is not the 1950s anymore.

I say that if two people are attracted to each other and are both feeling ready to share a sexual relationship, GO FOR IT!!!! There don't need to be any rules or guidelines to dictate something as natural and central to the human experience as sex.

HOWEVER!!!! For really young and/or sexually inexperienced people, I would say that it's a totally different story.

By the way -- I'm female and I'm not one to go around having casual sex. I've had one sexual partner in the past 22 months - and he may very well be the only sexual partner I have for the rest of my life.
supjapscrapper
sodredge wrote:
Normally I would say it depends on the relationship though since I am trying to walk in this odd thing called faith, I will be the "deer in the headlights" once again. How about waiting till marrage. Very Happy

I have been in some great relationships and though they rocked I think it would have been cool to have waited and handed my wife my virginity. That seems to have been the thing with alot of women though can you imagine in todays day and age considering how much a "dog" most of us guys are, too have waited and actually given her the keys to your sexuality for the first time. That would so have rocked. Those young guys out there who can still say that, they so rock. Very Happy

well buddy ... you just hit the sweet spot there !!!!
Totally agree.... you know waht, it is not because in some cases it has been a goos thing to have had sex early in the relationship or before marriage, that it is a good thing, it shouldn't make you forget that there is at least (and I'm very far from the truth, very probably) as much potential relationships that have been destroyed by too soon or badly-planned sex... (it souds like I'm talking about a production meeting here Very Happy) no seriously, I think and I'm completely convinced that one should wait till marriage .. why? even if there is astring compatibility it shouldn't be sooo big in consideration in the future common life ... the gift of virginity is the best a man can give to his wife .... what better proof that she's the one??? The gift of virginity is the least a girl can give to her man....
jumpbox
Wiat till you get married. If you do you will enjoy it more. If you do it before hand it will only cause to want to do it more often and that can lead to trouble in the relationship.
Tvis
I also say, it depends the relationship/person. I have had to wait months before the first sexual contact. But in other relationships I had it before there was oficially a relationship. It depends the person.
Some want to wait and some not...Personally I like sex so I don't need to wait. But I therefore I wait until my partner is ready. And if I'm lucky she is, if not I'll wait. I always want to be sure the other person wants it just as well as I do. No forcing..
Subsonic Sound
Quote:
don't get me wrong. but with most ladies i enjoyed sex already in the first night. it's also a barometer that you can say how compatible you are with your new partner.

I don't follow. How is that a reliable gauge of how compatable you are?

She could be a complete slut, willing to sleep with you before actually knowing your name. Does that make you compatable?
Vlien
MicahsFriends wrote:

You joking? Laughing that means I'm ruined... for life!!! Cool

holly.rebecca wrote:
Come on people. This is not the 1950s anymore.

I say that if two people are attracted to each other and are both feeling ready to share a sexual relationship, GO FOR IT!!!! There don't need to be any rules or guidelines to dictate something as natural and central to the human experience as sex.

HOWEVER!!!! For really young and/or sexually inexperienced people, I would say that it's a totally different story.

I totally agree with you. I do see sex as something special, but don't think you need to "put it on a pedestal" like that. Who knows, your partner could be the worst-ever person in bed, and then WHOOPS you're married and you didn't know about that! S*cks! Or he or she could be asexual! Imagine that...
And then indeed, the same does not go for young people. I'm talking about 13-14- (even 12-!!) -year-olds. Why don't they go play with Barbie dolls and small cars instead, like we used to. Rolling Eyes time enough later for the other pleasant things in life Very Happy
benjmd
Vlien wrote:
I do see sex as something special, but don't think you need to "put it on a pedestal" like that.

Why not? When are you physically closer or experiencing something that intense that is also pleasurable with another human being? On the side of physical pleasure, sex is the closest and most intense. If you're going to put anything on a pedestal, seems like a decent candidate.

Vlien wrote:
Who knows, your partner could be the worst-ever person in bed, and then WHOOPS you're married and you didn't know about that! S*cks! Or he or she could be asexual! Imagine that...
And then indeed, the same does not go for young people. I'm talking about 13-14- (even 12-!!) -year-olds. Why don't they go play with Barbie dolls and small cars instead, like we used to. Rolling Eyes time enough later for the other pleasant things in life Very Happy

Not having sex until marriage is different than not *touching* the other person until marriage. Physical chemistry is palpable from things as simple as holding hands to kissing to more intimate touching. Part of "waiting till marriage" is waiting until an emotional intimacy is established within which both people are willing to talk about their desires. But if you just race to sex, you'd probably skip a lot of the important steps along the way where you learn the little things that pleasure your partner or the details of their fantasies. A healthy relationship that results in a healthy decision to marry includes two people who grow to know each other and develop their physical and emotional intimacy. I don't see that sex sucking (well... I hope for him there is *some* sucking...) or either person being suddenly surprised by the other in the way described here. If that happens, they weren't ready to be married.
Subsonic Sound
Quote:
Part of "waiting till marriage" is waiting until an emotional intimacy is established within which both people are willing to talk about their desires. But if you just race to sex, you'd probably skip a lot of the important steps along the way where you learn the little things that pleasure your partner or the details of their fantasies. A healthy relationship that results in a healthy decision to marry includes two people who grow to know each other and develop their physical and emotional intimacy.

I heartily agree - in most aspects, anyhow.

My current relationship is the longest, most successful and most loving either of us have ever been in, and I think a large part of that is down to the way we were pretty much forced to wait a long time until ANYTHING physical happened between us. (Long story)

In that time we grew closer, to the point where our relationship was fully stable and close without the need for sex, and as a result we've avoided the common pitfall of having sex become the motive force behind the relationship.

Now... I'm not sure that marriage is the ultimate barometer of when you're ready. But I agree that you should wait.

After all, people don't just get married the instant that they're ready - often they have to wait until they've saved up enough money, or other awkward circumstances are out of the way. And in any case, while being ready for a fully mature and loving physical relationship is a big commitment, it's not so big a one as marriage. Smile
odinsrealm
its all down to the moment, feel and moods if you ask me, upbringing and parents attitude toward the subject of sex are a big influence, but i guess for most like myself one night it just happened, it wasnt planned, but wasnt regretted !!! safe sex is more of an issue these days too which i feel helps keep some peoples passion more contained !!
bzuko22
From my experience it came unexpected, it suddenly happened and now I'm married to that woman and would never ever change it.
Don't be worried about reaching certain age without having a sex, it will come when it's the right time for it.
I wish a pleasant sexual life to everyone Smile
zamolxes
if it's the first time.... it's hard to say, wait until you feel ready (but don't overdo it, hehehe, don't wait until you reach 82, the sooner the better Smile ). but if it's not the first time, then jump right in. I don't think waiting helps with anything in any case... waiting can help the desire grow, so in a relationship it might be a good thing, but that's once the relationship has been already going on for a while. find a motif to delay sex for a few days, maybe more than a week, something like that (like if you need to be away for a while). the desire will grow and the sex will be beter, and the relationship can take advantage of this. but like with anything, of course, it should be done within reason, overdoing it could be desastrous Very Happy
nigam
for me I would say 1 hour.hehehe that is if you go to a bar or something.
crasso
There's no rule for that. From the man's point of view, some girl may kick you for hurrying after you had waited for one month. Some other girl will go away after you didn't try in a week... Rolling Eyes
urbanbuddha
I think it depends on each individual person. Of course it must also be mutual.
corridor_writers
In my opinion the biggest factor is the maturity level of the people involved. The hardest part of this is that people are having sex younger and younger now-days. Maturity and age do not always coincide, but generally do go hand-in-hand. Too often I hear about kids who have sex for the wrong reasons. Sometimes it is peer pressure, sometimes it is because they have a pre-conceived notion of what sex is. The worst though is when they have sex with a person because they think that they are in love and have a real relationship, something that is not impossible with younger adults, but not as ‘concrete’ and adult relationships, where the person has matured enough to understand the differences between love, lust, and simple infatuation.

So when should you? I would say a.) at a legal age and b.) when you have reached the maturity level to have a true understanding of what a real relationship is.
maclui
as someone said before, having sex the same night is an excelent way to know eache other, and see if there is compatibility and atraction. Th sooner the better
Vandalyzed
Quote:

Not having sex until marriage is different than not *touching* the other person until marriage. Physical chemistry is palpable from things as simple as holding hands to kissing to more intimate touching.

Part of "waiting till marriage" is waiting until an emotional intimacy is established within which both people are willing to talk about their desires. But if you just race to sex, you'd probably skip a lot of the important steps along the way where you learn the little things that pleasure your partner or the details of their fantasies.

A healthy relationship that results in a healthy decision to marry includes two people who grow to know each other and develop their physical and emotional intimacy. I don't see that sex sucking (well... I hope for him there is *some* sucking...) or either person being suddenly surprised by the other in the way described here. If that happens, they weren't ready to be married.

I agree and disagree. Sex in a relationship is definately something that can affect that relationship. If both people want to wait till marriage, that's their choice.

I do advocate sex before marriage for a few different reasons. Sex changes people, for one thing. If you're in a relationship that's based on the intimacy you've developed without actually having sex, and then you have sex.........things change.

I can see the argument that you wait until marriage and then have sex and realize you no longer have a sexual attraction to this person.....then what are you supposed to do? You're married.

Or maybe you have sex with your new wife for the first time and she develops a psychological problem against sex......... and yes, that's actually happened.....check out psychology sites.

Or maybe that wife doesn't develop a problem against sex but realizes she just didnt like it...or you didnt like it.......or as a friend I once knew found out.......he didnt like sex and actually preferred men.

And that example actually goes against the idea of two people developing an intimacy in their relationship that should have transferred to their marriage and their new sexual relationship.......it didnt work out. I have no clue why, that girl was what most guys would have wet dreams about......but for him, it was his discovery towards homosexual inclinations. And there he was stuck in a marriage.

Sex is not something to jump into lightly by no means........ And I agree with the comment about what if the girl is a slut and just wants sex....... that point is true.......

But the fact is, it remains a personal choice within the relationship. I just happen to be one that does not want to have a celibate relationship until marriage.
freakinlame
I think it does depend on the individual. If a couple is comfortable with sex then I think it's alright. It also depends on how much love there is between the twqo people. Cause after all, sex is not a toy, right? YOu want to have sex and be able to enjoy every second of it. Talk to your partner about it, and see where it leads the both of you.
djcaution
WAIT UNTIL THE RESULTS FROM THE STD TEST COME IN, THAT'S HOW LONG Laughing
mariners100
Personally, I think its best to talk about it. If one person is ready and the other isn't then you have to let them wait. You dont want to pressure the other person if they are not ready yet.

Once you start, dont let sex rule your relationship... the way that I am in my relationship, if it happens then great, but dont plan that out... make it a special time together... dont rush something so special as that.
corridor_writers
maclui wrote:
as someone said before, having sex the same night is an excelent way to know eache other, and see if there is compatibility and atraction. Th sooner the better

Let me guess. Your a single guy, under the age of thirty who parties a lot and has never been married.

Gheez.

That said, I do like the other positions stated here. They had some real thought put into them, and most go back to my original post. It greatly depends on the person - especially the maturity level.

Oh, and maclui - please don't answer my guess. I don't want to know the details - and don't take my observations personal. Smile
WaldinSeo
corridor_writers wrote:
maclui wrote:

Let me guess. Your a single guy, under the age of thirty who parties a lot and has never been married.

Gheez.

That said, I do like the other positions stated here. They had some real thought put into them, and most go back to my original post. It greatly depends on the person - especially the maturity level.

Oh, and maclui - please don't answer my guess. I don't want to know the details - and don't take my observations personal. Smile

ohh you like positioning arn't you how about your girl use Dildo and you sex her it's ok with you?!
crasso
djcaution wrote:
WAIT UNTIL THE RESULTS FROM THE STD TEST COME IN, THAT'S HOW LONG Laughing

Great point, man! Very Happy I don't think many of us would considered this with laughing... Wink
phil-k
The decision of having sex really depend on how both of you feel.
Sometimes, one of you (more frequently the man) is ready for sex and the other is not. If you love, you should wait for the other.
Personally, I dated my wife for 1 year; after that, I waited for another one year before sex, because she not ready for that. We spent wonderful times before sex; and after sex, times are wonderful; after wedding, times are wonderful; after children, we are much more busy, but times are still wonderful. We got married 7 years ago.
Your decision depends on the feeling of both of you.
k10000s
In my opinion, I would sex when I feel that I am responsable to someone. For somesone, doing sex can be for pleasure. But for me doing sex is to write my own history. Embarassed
cocobirdi
Quote:

Opinions?

difficult question. in my case (i've only been with one person) i waited until i knew that he was reliable and in it for the long haul... after 4 months it's obvious that he's not just in it for the booty. i also had to wait until i trusted him to respect me and my body, and to not go blab to his friends afterwards about how he "got some". basically, there has to be a lot of trust involved, and at least a few months of committment already committed.

i do NOT believe in one night stands or anything in a relationship that is not sound. one week does not a relationship make.
bigdan
When the time is juuuuuuuust right, you'll know. Wink
evilryu530
depends, my first gf, we waited for 7 months, but 6 years now, maybe a week or two
Soulfire
It really does depend on the relationship, at least that's what I would say - because each relationship is different. I wouldn't rush in, at least have a couple dates and such. Be sure you know each other, and be sure that it's consensual, beyond that I can't say much.
xlosin_love&&
Well, for me, the right thing is to wait until marriage but, for some people, it depends yes, on the relationship. If it feels right for you. If you think that the person is honest and loves you a lot, and is not afraid and will always support you along the way, then yes. But if it's just the type that you can find on the street saying "If you love me, you'll have sex with me." kind, then forget about it. All they want is to get in your pants.
corridor_writers
xlosin_love&& wrote:
Well, for me, the right thing is to wait until marriage but, for some people, it depends yes, on the relationship. If it feels right for you. If you think that the person is honest and loves you a lot, and is not afraid and will always support you along the way, then yes. But if it's just the type that you can find on the street saying "If you love me, you'll have sex with me." kind, then forget about it. All they want is to get in your pants.

One thing that is for sure is that everybody will have a different opinion of when the “right” time is. This decision will be based largely on personal and religious beliefs, as well as maturity (or immaturity) levels.
ccer
Dunno, when both the partners think they are ready.
It can be the first day they meet or few years after they meet or only after their marriage!!! It depends!!!

I am waiting for the right time !!! Smile
raaeft1
Having sex is a natural outcome of a relationship where there is mutual attraction,compatibility and physical desire on both sides.
hsadmin
I say just let it come to you.. Wear a condom to.. Don't want any babies running around 9 months after you meet someone. That sucks. Hasn't happened to me, but, it might.. When your ready, your ready. thats just it
Danomite
whenever your gf lets you Wink Laughing
tiel_99
It will happen when it is supposed to happen. It could be within 2 hours of meeting, or it could be within two years.

There is no specific length of time to wait...

tiel_99 wrote:
It will happen when it is supposed to happen. It could be within 2 hours of meeting, or it could be within two years.

There is no specific length of time to wait...

Two hours. Wow, that is a short time. Smile

I don’t see nay relationship advancing along that fast – at not least with love in the picture. Lust, yes – for sure. But Love. No way. Smile
shaun6
I had sex with my girlfriend on the second night we met.
ssshh
Im from Sweden....so we just do it....over, and over, and over again. Just to keep warm.
lastelement0
to me....i think its a matter of feelings. its a matter of how close you're with the person. like sometimes it may take a while for the feeling to be present. or it could be really sudden. im kind of in limbo about this myself.....
varon
i'm old fashioned about this, so i'd say, wait until marriage. Smile i know that probably means wait forever, but it's the right thing to do! i actually didn't follow my advice though, hehe, but that's exactly why i can say this. it is only when you decide to get married that you are conviced you have found the right person, the one person you can spend the rest of your life with (literally), then it's the only time sex will mean anything. i regret giving myself to my first boyfriend because we didn't end up together. how i wished i gave myself to my husband now, the one person who really deserved it! it is only in making the right decision in marrying someone that having sex is justified.

(wow that ended up being more sentimental than i intended. Razz yuck. lol)
Edas
Of course it depends on your personal preference, your mood on a given day, your attraction to your partner, how comfortable your partner is...et cetera. There are too many variables so really you just have to sort of figure it out yourself because your situation is going to differ based on a multitude of things. Sit down with yourself and think what is appropriate based on your situation, and then maybe sit down with your partner and talk to them about it and get a feel for where you are at in the relationship and if either of you feel as though you've reached that comfort and/or trust level yet. Go at your own pace, and make sure you (or your partner) aren't rushing into things. And don't rush the other person, either, that's no good.
corridor_writers
Edas wrote:
Of course it depends on your personal preference, your mood on a given day, your attraction to your partner, how comfortable your partner is...et cetera. so really you just have to sort of figure it out yourself because your situation is going to differ based on a multitude of things. Sit down with yourself and think what is appropriate based on your situation, and then maybe sit down with your partner and talk to them about it and get a feel for where you are at in the relationship and if either of you feel as though you've reached that comfort and/or trust level yet. Go at your own pace, and make sure you (or your partner) aren't rushing into things. And don't rush the other person, either, that's no good.

I think the key words here are "There are too many variables..." Smile
Aredon
Soulfire wrote:
It really does depend on the relationship, at least that's what I would say - because each relationship is different. I wouldn't rush in, at least have a couple dates and such. Be sure you know each other, and be sure that it's consensual, beyond that I can't say much.

Exactly, and in some cases it can actualy complicate a relationship to the point of a breakup. In most cases I would say its probubly wise to wait as long as you can stand; as it can rather easily destroy a good relationship by happening to soon. However, as been stated at least 300 times in this thread, it most certainly depends on the relationship and the people involved. It would seem most of us can agree on that.

corridor_writers wrote:

Exactly! What would human existance be without the different variables that make up who we are in society? No fun, thats what it would be Razz.
spaz-o
I believe sex to be a sacred thing, only to be shared between a husband and a wife, but that's my religious belief.

Either way, people give it up way too easily. I think as an age thing, at least 20, and as an individual relationship, at least a year. It's really not that long, it's really not that old and it really is that precious. It's not just something that we do because we like it - it makes life. It's the most intense display of any emotion we possess. So why waste your heart on someone you've only known for a few months, or only decided you're mutally attracted to.

But hey, very few people give a damn about that sort of stuff anymore.
indianinworld
My Strong advice is

Rolling Eyes

Exclamation

Untill You get a chance, wait... Dont go behind it Laughing
Da Rossa
Dean_The_Great wrote:

Opinions?

This is up to the couple, and each of the two. I say it is more exciting when it takes longer... sex after 1 week of relationship is not as pleasant as the expected one. Also it may vary according to their age, culture, beliefs.... so.. what is better? Gasoline or Alcohol?
corridor_writers
Aredon wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

Exactly, and in some cases it can actualy complicate a relationship to the point of a breakup. In most cases I would say its probubly wise to wait as long as you can stand; as it can rather easily destroy a good relationship by happening to soon. However, as been stated at least 300 times in this thread, it most certainly depends on the relationship and the people involved. It would seem most of us can agree on that.

corridor_writers wrote:

Exactly! What would human existance be without the different variables that make up who we are in society? No fun, thats what it would be Razz.

lol - so the universal answer applies across the board on this post.

IT DEPENDS.....

Smile
Nae_splash
simple answer wait until mariage.
Bannik
wait until she/he says its ok
spaz-o
Nae_splash wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

People treat love like it's nothing too much. It's not nothing, love is the biggest thing we have.

Guard your heart.
Nae_splash
Yeah spaz-o you need to guard your heart its the most precious thing. Like you said people treat love like its nothing but really its one of the most important things we have.

~Nae
corridor_writers
Nae_splash wrote:
Yeah spaz-o you need to guard your heart its the most precious thing. Like you said people treat love like its nothing but really its one of the most important things we have.

~Nae

Love is the most important thing, or the way we regard and treat other people? I know plenty of cases where the wife-beater swears he loves his wife, and the abused wife loves her abusive husband. Love alone does not cut it.

And what about the teenagers who are in ‘love’, yet one night the hormones get the better of one or both of them, and they end up doing something that hurts the other? Love alone does not cut it.

We have to have a deeper and more profound care for how our actions affect other people – especially those we love. How many times have we heard “you always hurt the ones you love”.
SyncM
I waitet until a feel that the realtionship had a chance to survive and i had right 4,5 year and still counting.
glabase
first relationship i waited two weeks... she wanted to wait longer though Wink

ah good times!
the_emissary
I think a week is good, maximum two weeks.
Aredon
spaz-o wrote:
Nae_splash wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

People treat love like it's nothing too much. It's not nothing, love is the biggest thing we have.

Guard your heart.

I respectfully disagree. I regret that I waited so long (six years into my relationship). Marriage is not a requirement for love, neither is love a requirement for sex (but it is a hell of a lot better). Virginity is just a word. I specifically remember waking up the next day and saying to myself "I feel exactly the same... why the hell did I wait."

That doesn't mean running around and have sex with everyone you meet. It's still, in my mind, a special connection between to people, but waiting until marriage is silly. Sex is an important part of relationships, at least in my opinion. Seems like a poor decision to marry without having an idea what your sex life will be like. Incompatible libidos are a huge factor in relationship problems.
loveandormoney
Dean_The_Great wrote:

Opinions?

Good morning.
Is this a boy question?

So
is a woman like a furniture or like a car?

You wait until the developping is right?

Years before it was told
a man makes a woman hot.

Now men wait for what?
Santa Clause?

Regards
cheater01
Do it..!! if you feel that you want to ****** her out ! Why waste time ?

If you don't have a girl to ****** with,hire a bitch then !

enjoy sex !! Embarassed

Have protected sex !! Exclamation
oksms
it depends on intentions, if your intentions are from the start to use her, then having sex will be on your mind all the time, but if you begin the relationship without having a thought of sex, begin to believe and understand her, love her, then at one point she will offer her self to you for sex, and that would be better.
loveandormoney
cheater01 wrote:
Do it..!! if you feel that you want to ****** her out ! Why waste time ?

If you don't have a girl to ****** with,hire a bitch then !

enjoy sex !! Embarassed

Have protected sex !! Exclamation

Are there bitches alive?