FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many bots are you having a day ?

Lilystock
Hi,

If your website is scroll often by a bots, does it mean that it will have a better search result or not ?

And how much is often anyway ?

I get something like an average of 30/40 bots a day, is that good ?

Somehow I don't think so as I'm not doing well on SE at all Confused
dacode
Hi,

Lilystock wrote:

Waooow. In Europe and particularly in France we don't have so many engines, ie.so many bots (providing you submit only to engines in your language, or else providing you offer different versions of your website).

On a regular basis, I'm up to 5 or 6 bots a month, from the major engines : Google, Yahoo, Altavista...and local ones.

Quote:
If your website is scroll often by a bots, does it mean that it will have a better search result or not ?

The fact that these bots hit your homepage is just meaning they found you (or you told them to visit your page).
You have to make sure that your website is optimised for search engines (SEO), that's to say that spiders can easily crawl and map your site, thus keeping records of your content.

rom what I've seen your site is powererd by a CMS (Joomla) which is quite good at managing info. Because of the very nature of CMS (which means : "with regularly updated content"), your site is ought to be reviewed often, hence taking a good position in the serps and keeping it (depends of course of your actions also !)
Lilystock
Hi Dacode,

Merci pour ta reponse Wink

I think I didn't express myself well enough: actually, there is only 5/6 bots, but they will comes to scroll my pages about 50/60 times a day...

What makes them come back so often ? Is it good ?

I try to optimize my website, but somehow, I don't seem to get any better on ranking and never comes out inside the 1st 3 pages of google, unless I just type nappypooh Sad

I try to do everything right, but don't seem to get result. For example, I've read that even though link back to your website is important, you have to be careful in choosing who link back to you or it may be counter productive... Well the result is just that I'm less well ranked than my competitor website who just mass-submit to any kind of directories... Sad

I think that maybe it is because of my keywords. Can't seem to know the correct one to have...

PS: I've read your website but just don't understand what is this loupanthere you're talking about... I'm curious, so what is it??? Shocked
dacode
Hello,

1/ Ok, so 50/60 times a day actually means they crawl your 50 or so pages when they hit the root of your website ?
(1 spider, providing all your pages are linked somehow, will review every page, so depending on the stats software, it will show up for each page)

2/ Bots can detect the freshness of a page; the fresher it is the more they will like your site and come often - Unless it's from your competitors Sad User Agents can be changed very easily

3/ What are the keywords you're aimed at ?

4/ Backlinks... Seo... It's all about "do what I say, don't do what I do" Actually, mass-submitting still works nowadays, even if it eventually will be deprecated by search engines (the ones that can afford it).

5/ The website in my sig is a fake, because I'm competing for a SEO prize. I've set up a fake scenario about a new breed of computer virus. So there's nothing to understand (except the links to computer-related security issues, that are real and serious ones).

Bye For now !
Lilystock
Hi,

Thanks for your answer Smile

1/ no, actually that means that a same bots will come several time a day. It may just come to the home page and go :-S I actually would prefer it to scrawl different page as to be sure that plenty of pages are indexed. If it hits only one page, that doesn't help then, does it ?

2/ Yes, I try to update my page frequently... and I also have a random image thing, so that may be why it is considered to be freshen frequently I guess...

3/ here my meta keyword : attachement parenting hong kong,babies hong kong,baby carrier,baby sling,babywearing,breastfeeding,cloth diaper hong kong,cloth nappy pocket,cosleeping,natural parenting,nursing bras. Useless to say that I'm not ranking well on them at all... Sad Some I may guess why (so many website on them already), but actually, I would like to be able to be well ranked only for HK people, but if I insist on HK it may be counter productive, isn't it ?

4/ ok. then I'll mass-submit a bit. Thanks Smile

5/ Interesting seo contest. Merde to you then Wink
SoftStag
The more frequently your page is updated, the bots will learn and comeback more often. The number of times bots come to your page has nothing to do with how it will be ranked in the search engines.

You mentioned using the meta tag for your keywords. The big search engines will ignore this meta tag, it is an old technique of telling a search engine what your keywords are. You need to have the keywords (or phrases) on your page. Preferably within a <h1> or <h2> tag, or in bold or italic. Also, the anchor text used for links in to your site should contain some of the keywords or phrases. If your keywords are very popular ones, then you may be competing with millions of sites and stand little chance of achieving good results; if this is the case choose less popular keywords, but something some people will search on (not "nappypooh").
Lilystock
SoftStag wrote:
You mentioned using the meta tag for your keywords. The big search engines will ignore this meta tag, it is an old technique of telling a search engine what your keywords are. You need to have the keywords (or phrases) on your page. Preferably within a <h1> or <h2> tag, or in bold or italic. Also, the anchor text used for links in to your site should contain some of the.

Sad that really tiring! They keep changing the rule so there is no way we can keep up at all!

So after all, the meta keyword doesn't have any use, is it ? pfff...

Quote:
choose less popular keywords, but something some people will search on

I would say it is actually one of my problem. I can't figure out what keyword people would search for that isn't popular Laughing Embarassed Laughing
SoftStag
Lilystock wrote:

Quote:
choose less popular keywords, but something some people will search on

I would say it is actually one of my problem. I can't figure out what keyword people would search for that isn't popular Laughing Embarassed Laughing

This is always the most difficult part! Very Happy
warallthetm
Google indexes me every day, yahoo once a week, and other i dont really pay attention to.
Ratman2050
From my recent record checks from AWSTATS I can honestly give you these real stats:

I have had 3331+8 hits from Googlebot in the past 24 days. Thats about 140 hits per day.
redice
Google bot visit my site only once a week. Maybe I need some update of my site.

Seems I need read more article in this forum.
mustaq
Lilystock wrote:
Hi,

And how much is often anyway ?

Somehow I don't think so as I'm not doing well on SE at all Confused

it's totaly depend on how many search engine know about your domian , try adding your site to other serach enigine mannlly it's work well
dont use any kind of software it will hurt your web site