FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blank screen when trying to access the control panel

gnllr
I'm new to all of this and am getting a blank screen when trying to log into my control panel. What am I doing wrong?

I tried both :2222 and /config at the end of my domain.

Thanks for the suggestions!
scotty
If you get the blank screen after typing your password in, turn off Google's Web Accelerator program or any similar ones.
Bondings
Or try the http://cp.frih.net/ url to login. Not all features are working on it though.
gnllr
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on my post. I can't even get to a username/password popup. When I enter www.mydomain.frih.net/config or :2222 or even cp/frih.net, I just get a blank screen. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reponse guys!
Bockman
Have you confirmed if the access port (2222) isn't getting blocked by some firewall?

Are you behind some firewall/proxy? check if you have windows firewall enabled (if you do, try disabling it to see if it works)

If you are behind a firewall/proxy (usually at school/work) you may not be able to access through there.

Be Well Cool
gnllr
I set exceptions with my personal firewall for 2222 and 2082 and also I disabled Windows firewall but still a blank screen....frustrating..
brandonberg
is it not just the request timing out is it?

i know when server 2 is down it makes all site and therefore Direct admin inaccessable.. have you tried doing it while a server is down?

if not, i know sometimes when im downloading fullspeed and my internet connection is maxed out then sometimes the request times out.. i doubt it would have anything to do with ports as it works fine usually and i havet had to perform any port forwarding/opening on anything..

Confused Cool Rolling Eyes Very Happy Shocked
gnllr
Thanks for your reply! You know, I think it is a firewall issue because when I returned home from my business trip, it worked on my home computer (I have a cable modem). My guess is it was the hotel's isp firewall. Any idea to get around those kind of things? I do a lot of traveling.