FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Having Multiple Websites on Frih

evilryu530
ok, i've tried searching, i really did. but i'd like to know how to have multiple websites with my one frih.net account. i understand that we can have "unlimited" subdomain names.

I have my regular name.frih.net domain where i put my web files into my public_html folder and my site works. but i'd like to start a totally different and new website, using a subdomain.name.frih.net

is that possible to have 2 different websites at the same time with one frih.net account? if so, how do i put my files for my new site upto the ftp? is there a different pw for the same pw, and how can i switch over to the subdomain.name.frih.net? does this make sense? thanks in advance!!!!! again, u guys are always helpful.
scotty
Okay you are only allowed one account as per the TOS. I know that for a fact.

You can have unlimited subdomains but I'm not entirely sure what this means.

I think it is reasonable to say that you can have:

youraccount.frih.net

AND

howevermany sub sub domains you like.youraccount.frih.net

You can create these in DA under "domain setup". You just enter the subdomain you want and it will create a folder in your root FTP directory and you just upload files to that.

However, I'm not sure whether you are allowed more than one sub domain. Ie. thisisallyouareallowed.frih.net

I know you can create extra subdomains from your account and they work but I'm pretty sure that we are not allowed more than one sub domain.
Animal
evilryu530 wrote:
is that possible to have 2 different websites at the same time with one frih.net account? if so, how do i put my files for my new site upto the ftp? is there a different pw for the same pw, and how can i switch over to the subdomain.name.frih.net? does this make sense? thanks in advance!!!!! again, u guys are always helpful.

Yes, this is easily possible. You simply need to create a subdomain in Direct Admin. You can then use your original ftp account details to upload files to the subdomain folder - this will be in yourdomain.frih.net/public_html/subdomain

Does this help at all?
evilryu530
animal this helps. .withint the public_html folder, there is another folder called subdomainage, is that where i install all my files for my second website? (assuming that i made a subdomain called subdomainage.mydomain.frih.net) thanks, im not at home so i cant test it out, but so far it sounds like it will work. oh yea, in the regular public_html folder, my regular website is there.
SpellcasterDX
evilryu530 wrote:
animal this helps. .withint the public_html folder, there is another folder called subdomainage, is that where i install all my files for my second website? (assuming that i made a subdomain called subdomainage.mydomain.frih.net) thanks, im not at home so i cant test it out, but so far it sounds like it will work. oh yea, in the regular public_html folder, my regular website is there.

Yes, you would. Smile
scotty
So are we allowed two subdomains?

eg.
scottyiscool.frih.net
AND
scottyisgreat.frih.net
mOrpheuS
scotty wrote:
So are we allowed two subdomains?

eg.
scottyiscool.frih.net
AND
scottyisgreat.frih.net

No.

You're allowed :
isgreat.scotty.frih.net
AND
iscool.scotty.frih.net
scotty
I thought that was the case, just making sure though!