FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marching Band/ Drum Corp

Shaunpez
How many here do marching band or has done marching band at any point in their life? if you have you are amazing!! And if you have, it would be nice to hear your responses on your experiences of being part of a band. Also, if you have been in a drum corp... I have alway wanted to be in a drum corp but its been complicated and I am getting to old to be in one... thanks
jrs32
Yes, I would love to be in a Drum Corp. I am actually trying out for both the Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment. Right now I am in my high school marching band. We are getting ready for our last competition on saturday at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. We have gotten two second places, a fourth and a third. We haven't done too well this year, but not terribly bad either. We have improved a lot over the last few weeks so we are expecting a lot on Saturday. Band is a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work. It isn't nearly as easy as people think it is.

EDIT: We had 2 weeks of practice before school started from 8a.m. to 9p.m. Then we practice after school everyday, not to mention the time in class. Class starts at 1:30 and we get out at 5:00.
hofodomo01
I'm a part of the William Mason HS band, and we practice on Mondays and Thursdays for 2 hours and a half, then we have a 2 hour sectional on Tuesday.

[url]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5846849544134941595&hl=en[/url]
This was the show from my freshman year (my favourite so far). I don't have a video for our current show, but it's the first time we're doing original music...

Oh yeah, I'm a sax player...