FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who's got the best commute?

hunterm
I live in cambridgeshire, UK and have a pleasant cycle ride along the river to the local train station. Then by train, travel through two counties of beautiful english countryside then finally finish with a nice little cycle ride to my office.

Takes about an hour door to door.

In summer it's amazing, in winter pretty bleak --- but I still love it!

anyone top that?
Winterborne
lol can I come live there with you? I definately CAN'T top that. I have a commute to school through one busy city and another busy suburb. Oh yeah, and the traffic's terrible during that time of day.

The good view though is the smoky mountains (I live in East Tennessee) and I get to pass over a bridge, though the river's not anything too spectacular. I've lived here all my life so I don't really find my surrounding area breathtaking like some do. *shrugs* I guess it's just on how each person views it.
haris3
These days walking or going on a bike is impossible. Everything is moving forward so fast, so body has time for bikes. My commute is exact 40mins and exact 40miles. I go about 70-75mph the whole time.
agentofdestructionmatt
for me i can either take a train that goes over the sydney harbour bridge or snake my way around the harbour's shore with my car; the car definetly has a sustained better view but there's no risk of crashing while admiring it while train'ing it in to school ha

-matt
hunterm
agentofdestructionmatt wrote:
for me i can either take a train that goes over the sydney harbour bridge or snake my way around the harbour's shore with my car; the car definetly has a sustained better view but there's no risk of crashing while admiring it while train'ing it in to school ha

-matt

Sydney is fantastic. For a breathtaking commute in Sydney you could don one of those fancy Grey jumpsuits and walk OVER the sydney harbour bridge.
schumway
I walk from my bedroom to my basement home office.

only bad part is that I dont get to enjoy my coffee in the car while in traffic in the morning and I dont get the chance to unwind on the way home from a stressful day