FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Affiliation/Declaration/Charity

hack_man_
Perhaps FriHost could declare it's grounds on certain issues, like putting "Donate" links for companies like Cancer Research UK and Unicef or these triangle things in the top corner of each page for Make Poverty History, or having a portal page for the forums to show FriHost's support for things every now and then. It would improve FriHost's image and would generate great support for said companies from our great community.

EDIT:

Maybe FriHost could state it's grounds on other things as well, like putting a "Spread Firefox" link or banner somewhere? Supporting perfectly normal things too.
Marston
... Why?
reddishblue
So maybe we can donate a little more to hardworking charities, but i dont think that putting up stuff that does not need our help (like firefox) is a good ideas, it makes the site look like is has even more ads
hack_man_
But these ads would not be for FriHost, they would be for charity. So I am sure that people would overlook the fact that they are ads because they don't go to FriHost, but to a widely known charity.
ocalhoun
We already have charity links anytime the google adsense can't decide what ad to show.
scotty
In a way Frihost is a charity. Do you see the breast cancer charity helping the people with AIDS one?

Frihost is doing good things for the 20,261 (as of now) members of the site. It doesn't need to stretch and degrade the service to it's members to help another charity. If somebody wants to donate, they will they don't need links to show them the way.
mOrpheuS
hack_man_ wrote:
Maybe FriHost could state it's grounds on other things as well, like putting a "Spread Firefox" link or banner somewhere? Supporting perfectly normal things too.

FriHost's grounds ? Shocked
I thought we were still debating that.
Also, what is considered "perfectly normal thing" is subject to individual opinion. Wink

hack_man_ wrote:
"Donate" links for companies like Cancer Research UK and Unicef or these triangle things in the top corner of each page for Make Poverty History, or having a portal page for the forums to show FriHost's support for things every now and then.

Frihost provides "free"dom of expressing oneself on the internet, the users are free to declare/support their individual ideologies on their sites.

I personally believe that charity cannot and must not be forced upon anyone. Charity is supposed to be a gift of kindness, not a tax of compulsion.
babumuchhala
Please no forced Charity.

As it is we have so much ads, and this charity stuff will go unnotice too.

Maybe, Bondings could add those small Google Firefox & Picase referals at the bottom.
TeenZine
Also theres realy no money since im sure these servers and all the brandwith cost Bondings a ton of money. If anything there should be a donate to Bondings paypal button.
scotty
I think Bondings has it just right.

This suggestion is one that would cause many users to leave Frihost if the ads were put on user pages. On the forums I probably wouldn't care but that is up to Bondings. If he wants to put them on he will. If you want to donate to charity you will.

If I was a mod this thread would be so closed.