FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Angelic Female Vocals

sodredge
I am trying to find music that I believe they call "vox". I am looking for anything that has an angelic female voice to it and a beat. I have been looking for the soundtrack to the tv show "La Fem Nikkita" hoping that some of the songs they play throughout the show will have made it into the soundtrack.

I have been listening to alot of Hans Zimmer he seems to put alot of those angelic techno-ish voices into his music. Though I am seeking a more hard edged kind of sound. For a moment I liked Evanessence and some angelic soundscapes. I am however now wonderinf if anyone could tell me the names of some groups out there that offer this kind of sound.

Some dark electronica with female voices in a synthesized state or angelic techno. Any and all help will be appreciated. - X
dacode
Hello !

I've been in my teenage years listening a lot to COCTEAU TWINS.
Very high pitched vocals, and aggressive fuzzy guitars / drums on the first albums. Hope you're gonna enjoy !

One of my fave song : "Lorelei" LP : TREASURE (4 AD 1984)
the_mariska
Forget about Evanescence as it's not angelic at all, and try searching Liv Kristine - her solo projects that are about electronical music, as well as with Theatre of Tragedy, rather gothic.

And Therion, they have pretty angelic female parts too Very Happy
moonblade
the_mariska wrote:
Forget about Evanescence as it's not angelic at all, and try searching Liv Kristine - her solo projects that are about electronical music, as well as with Theatre of Tragedy, rather gothic.

And Therion, they have pretty angelic female parts too Very Happy

Theatre of Tragedy (Aegis for example) and Therion, definitely. Luca Turilli features some nice female vocals in several tracks, and Nightwish has its moments.
achene
A lot of stratovarius songs, are started with an angelic female voice. Of cause it's only a very little part of the song, so if you are looke for that voice only i would't say that stratovarius is what you are looking for. Theres also a lot of symphonic metal bands with female vocals out there.
For instance:
Edenbridge
Epica (very opera inspired vocals - a little like nightwish)

Just search the web and you shall find what you are looking for.
Arseniy
Nightwish, Stratovarius, Therion... and maybe that's all that I know.
Google it! Very Happy
fasa
without temptation is a definite must if u like the angelic voices
cheh
well i'm not exactly sure what you ment by the genre called "vox" either. and i'm a bit confused how you want "angelic" vocals in "dark" songs. Confused
but it you want angelic female vocals with a beat, the answer is very simple! Gouryella!! a trance project, consisted of Ferry Corsten and Ti๋sto. the make the finest trance tracks with the sweetest female vocals ever!! well they made, i think they stopped producing under that name in 2002, or something... but they made some very nice tracks, such as:
Walhalla
Dreamtime
Gouryella
Ligaya
Tenshi

i always forget the name of the singer who sang in their tracks, so unfortunatelly i can't help you with that Sad

oh and there's also Lange, they have some nice tracks with angelic voices, my favourite being Follow Me.
cheh
uh, oh, uh, oh!!! how could i forget the ultimate vocal trance track!!!
some people will say it's pretty commercial, but i love it sooo much, gives me goose bumps every time i listen to it!
Dario G - Dream to me Cool
a cover of some older song, originally performed by can't remember who, but so what Razz

you MUST check it out, it's the best!
dinael
I still remember Gus Gus - Is Jesus your pal, from La Femme Nikita.
That was memorable scene, when Michael was thinking of his son Adam,
and their music played in the background.

[Beach soundtrack]
Dario G. feat Vanessa Quinones - Voices. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Too bad you don't like pop. Confused The Corrs have angelical voices 2. Wink
Nutteloos
You could give The Gathering a try... I especially like Nighttime Birds and if_then_else. Their latest isn't as great as I had hoped it would be but the lead singer sure is good.
twisthigh
What could be considered an angelic female voice? Like soft?
legion
the_mariska wrote:
... and try searching Liv Kristine - her solo projects that are about electronical music, as well as with Theatre of Tragedy, rather gothic.

Yes, Liv Kristine has the perfect angelic female voice especially when it comes to Theatre's albums. Very Happy
Ecthelion
I all peaple,

I am the substitute of ecthelion because it will leave from here for personnal reason that he with being already evoke, I recover are account to continue posting here among this community and to make live the forum of which I have now the load.

escuse me for my English, I am use google to translate Smile

I hope that I would be well to accept.

In aimed at topic:

I like nightwish and within temptation, and I must say that the 2 are rather different.

Wihtin temptation with a style of music which like me much, very harmonie, but the voice of the singer does not go with the song.
I would like to say that the singer does not have the most beautiful voice, I prefer the former singer of nightwish (tarja), which with a hotter and strong voice, a splendid voice, with full emotions.
TravelBugs
why someone wrote Stratovarius????!!!
there's no female voice in that band....

and like Ecthelion said, the old-times Nightwish and Within Temptation are my favorites.

and also, in the new version of A Tout Le Monde of Megadeth , there's a voice... but i don't know who she is... Surprised
clydejaw
The lead singer from paramore has a rockier tone but it can be angelic.

If you listen to "breathe" by paramore.. holy shit! she can sing~ it's a real nice ballad.. compared to her other rockier songs. In my opinion.

But then again.. I could be off topic?
missdixy
Sara Mchlachlan (sp?)

She sings that song "Angel" and her voice just sounds soooo amazing and angelic.
Crazy_Canuck
missdixy wrote:
Sara Mchlachlan (sp?)

She sings that song "Angel" and her voice just sounds soooo amazing and angelic.

Sarah McLachlan Wink, and yes ... not only does she sing like an angel, and sing a song called "Angel", but she also does a couple of tranced-up tracks on a CD called Rarities, B Sides & Other Stuff, one of which is called "Vox."

So this sounds like just what the original poster is looking for. Check it out, I think you might like it.
Helios
From the Metal genre you can try the band Haggard.
They've got a pretty decent Soprano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3waToRbxz64