FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Game Systems and Games

TruPain
Yeah, I am sure many of you have this same hobby... although I call it a disease...

I own just about every game system that has been released since the Odyssey2 with the exception of the following:

xbox & xbox360 and newer systems
NeoGeo AES
PSP

and I also own a couple of Japanese systems as well and a game collection of over 600 games... some of which I just had to buy because I didn't have it yet...

My wife has asked me to try and part with the older systems, but I just can't seem to let myself do that... thus why I call it a disease... some are just boxed up sitting in the closet taking up space...

So what do you think... hobby or disease? lol
evilryu530
i thihnk it's a hobby for some, disease for others, for me it's a hobby. i mean i've had the NES, the SNES, genesis, dreamcast, n64, and most recent ps2, also had a gameboy sp. but it was all fun and games....no shame in enjoying video games...i cant wait to see the wii and the ps3. thats gonna be hawtt!!!!
Dougnut King
Hobby or not, I like to call it an addiction some times Laughing Still, when my mom wants me off, it's gonna take a bit more time till I do... like 30 mins Razz
Peterssidan
It's a hobby as long as you want to live that way. But if you feel that the hobby take to much time or if you feel bad becasue you want to stop you can call it a disease...
Don't listen to others... If they say you are sick you can beleve them and get sick.
TruPain
Peterssidan wrote:
It's a hobby as long as you want to live that way. But if you feel that the hobby take to much time or if you feel bad becasue you want to stop you can call it a disease...
Don't listen to others... If they say you are sick you can beleve them and get sick.

Good way of putting that... I guess I would have to call it a hobby... cause it doesn't really interfere with my life... except the occassional buy a game on impulse... just cause I don't have it yet... Most of my time now is raising my daughter... 8 years old and a handful... but loving every minute of watching her grow!
fashioncrimewave
i've had an NES and a Playstation, but I mostly just play PC games now. The drawback is to play most new games you need to upgrade the PC, where you don't need to do that on consoles.
Petee
I agree that to some people console gaming is a hobby, and a very addicting hobby too.

I myself am not really in to consoles much. I just think that computers are much better. However, I do have several older console systems. I currently have a SNES, N64, and a PS1. I had a NES, but it quit working. I think that a lot of the games for these old systems are a still fun to play today, such as Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past and Super Mario Brothers for the SNES. Very Happy
Dean_The_Great
I agree, hobby that can become all consuming. I personally, have quit the gaming phase of my life, with the exception of the occasional playing of Neverwinter Nights or Prince of Persia.

As for consoles, I own nothing but the NES, and I do still occasionally play it. Nothing like sitting down with a friend and trying to play through Mario 3.
hiquality
At this moment i am not playing anything because of my busy schedule Sad(Sad( ... nut i have a NES and a PS2 in my closet... i think the dust ate them Very Happy...
I recently bought a PSP so i can take it with me and play and some games ( Burnout:Legends ... DungeonMaker:Hunting Grounds... Ghost Recon:Advance Warfighter) but my kid started taking it with him Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ... for me games are a hobby ... but for my son i think it's a disease
cybernie
Before, gaming was "out" of my system. Aside from the fact that it would just be a waste of my time and money, I won't gain or benefit something good out of it.

But some things change. I don't know what happened. I saw this online game and I liked the storyline of the game. I tried playing it. I thought at first I would quit after a few days of playing but then weeks, months and years passed I am still on the game. What made it worst, I spent thousands for the game. I did enjoy with game and got new friends who I met personally.

I don't have regrets in getting into the game. This is the only online (computer) game I play. I have seen other games and tested them - better graphics, sounds but I stick to one game - the first one I played.
Rico
No just a healthy obsession. Do you play at all or just collect? What’s you most excellent game? Have you ever played UFO Enemy unknown?
medievalman26
I have a Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, PS2, and a Wii. I used to have an atari but we lost it. Yes I collect them and I still play the older ones to make sure they still work.
Bilkers
I've an Xbox360 and to me it's just something for a bit of leisure now and again.
Pikokola
in geek hierarchy, you're almost a maniacs *_*

well... it's not disease, love is blind right ^^ so turn of the light and make some love ...
(I just thinking if my brain goes wrong...)
matheus_controle
TruPain wrote:
Yeah, I am sure many of you have this same hobby... although I call it a disease...

I own just about every game system that has been released since the Odyssey2 with the exception of the following:

xbox & xbox360 and newer systems
NeoGeo AES
PSP

and I also own a couple of Japanese systems as well and a game collection of over 600 games... some of which I just had to buy because I didn't have it yet...

My wife has asked me to try and part with the older systems, but I just can't seem to let myself do that... thus why I call it a disease... some are just boxed up sitting in the closet taking up space...

So what do you think... hobby or disease? lol

Both a little of each or 50% of one and 50% of another.