FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Updates!!!

gursimran2006
ok, so i found out that my ISP is blocking any link with the word update in it, witch makes the browser returne an Access denied page on every link that has that word, and since i'm running XP SP2 on both the laptop and PC i had to find another way to get the updates for windows.And after presenting my dilemma to the almighty Google, i had my answer http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html
direct links to windows updates, if anybody else is having the same problem here's the solution
MunkyBunky
What a great link thanks
{name here}
Really nice to look at if you have an offline computer or something like that.
dray101
Now I know where to go if I have have a problem with updates Laughing

Thank god for people who provided what Microsoft does not (easy to use and reliable products and services) Pray
hadiwijoyo
Is it safe and legal?
FaLLeN
Ah, now i know what to do...thats weaird with your ISP blocking update though.. Confused Confused Confused
orno
hmm...i seriously doubt its your ISP doing that....i would guess its a virus/trojan of some sort...
did u try with another brwoser (if u were using IE)

if you post back comp specs maybe we could help
lukeropro
I thought windows updates can only be downloaded using IE?
nigam
I don't know but sometimes I don't like to download them coz it give your pc a lot of loads.
judelover
gursimran2006 wrote:
ok, so i found out that my ISP is blocking any link with the word update in it, witch makes the browser returne an Access denied page on every link that has that word, and since i'm running XP SP2 on both the laptop and PC i had to find another way to get the updates for windows.And after presenting my dilemma to the almighty Google, i had my answer http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html
direct links to windows updates, if anybody else is having the same problem here's the solution

1Have you tried to delete all files in the wutemp folder in drive c or your system driver? In very rare cases when the computer or the electricity broke down when downloading, the system would take for granted the files had been downloaded and attemp to install updates from the very folder. After deleting all of the temp files in the folder the autoupdate might function properly.

2click start>run, enter cmd and return. run“net start cryptsvc” ,then use command regsvr32 to register in turn softpub.dll,wintrust.dll,initpki.dll,dssenh.dll,rsaenh.dl,gpkcsp.dll,sccbase.dll,slbcsp.dll,cryptdlg.dll. for example run regsvr32 softpub.dll to register softpub.dll.

3Are you using a proxy? Try to link directly to the internet.(This is a very likely cause)

3or Reinstall you winxp or recover your system.If you know how to, reinstall your ie(google it to find a way since the procedure is complex).

It CAN'T be a virus or anything of a thirdparty software.

Good luck