FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum/Message Board Questions

TruPain
I have a coiuple of questions about what forum/message board to use.

I am new to creating my own forums, I have normally just used the free ones that some websites offer, but I think I am interested in using Invisionboard. Would this be a good choice? Or is there something that is easier to set up?

Also, I just want to make sure, if I do go with invisionboard, is that supported here with the free domain?

I am open to suggestions. I may be new to forums, but I do have knowledge with websites...

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions...
Traveller
TruPain wrote:
... I think I am interested in using Invisionboard...

Try phpBB instead, since paid softwared such as Invision is not allowed here:

Quote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers

6. vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

Any kind of the practices mentioned above, will result in an immediate cancellation of your account and/or legal actions towards you.
(Source: Terms of Service)
TruPain
Traveller wrote:
TruPain wrote:
... I think I am interested in using Invisionboard...

Try phpBB instead, since paid softwared such as Invision is not allowed here:

Quote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers

6. vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

Any kind of the practices mentioned above, will result in an immediate cancellation of your account and/or legal actions towards you.
(Source: Terms of Service)

point noted Embarassed

Are there different types of phpBB or is there a specific one that you think I should try? And is it rather easy to set on up and maintain it?
Traveller
TruPain wrote:
Are there different types of phpBB or is there a specific one that you think I should try? And is it rather easy to set on up and maintain it?

Personally, I have limited experience with forum software, so others would probably have better answers, but I will say that I have heard strong advice against the version of phpBB that is distributed as "fully modded." the comments have been that it's better to install the mods you want by yourself. A simple search for "phpbb" will give you plenty of results with people who have asked previous questions or offered suggestions.

Good luck.
Blaster
theres also other boards like SMF YABB MYBB but if your going to use php (which i like the most but smf is also really nice) i wouldn't use the fully modded stuff.