FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the president of the internet!

youssef
i've heard that the president of the internet would be elected and i'd like to know your opnions!
indeedwrestling
Yes. His first action will be the creation of the department of gullible. He's interested if you'd like to accept a chairperson seat.
paulbarter
No - one can own the internet man, its too big!!!
nhuabo
It is imposible to have a president on internet.
It is hard to manage the internet .
Nobody can rule it .
corey
Sometimes its better to not do drugs before you go to message boards and forums. Really. Rolling Eyes
paulrodga
I think that this is a stupid idea because internet must to be free! No governs, no kings, no presidents, no dictators ,...
mialynavahy
hum a president?
it s a joke right? it s impossible and weird : one man for a big network, no rules, no limits...
haris3
I like the way you think man. sometimes there are subjects that make you what the hell are peole thinking.

Determining a president is too hard. We don't know enought about everybody or to know to stays online or surfs the most.

It's just too crazy.

corey wrote:
Sometimes its better to not do drugs before you go to message boards and forums. Really. Rolling Eyes
Rico
It would be interesting to hear exactly where you heard this. Although an image comes to mind that used to plague the pages of MAD Magazine in the days of my youth. It was a picture punting Alfred E. Newman for president. Maybe he should become the president of the internet.
ashok
whom would he preside? the innumerable websites? the users? the web service providers? what is it that he's going to control?? this is really a weird idea Rolling Eyes
dzign
I'd rather to have clear guidelines and standard rather than President from Internet. It would be similar to someone who control the "virtual" world, except probably a president for specific domain.
vinx_18
What ? President of the internet? it is like having a leader for all nations of the world...It's weird but kinda I like the idea..But how to do that? or how will he/she rules?
Circuitskater
Interesting things are in the head of an animal eating childrem by science class for the President of weeeeeeee
seagullspirit
who said allecting a president its meant to put order in things.. look at Bush JR and the mess he''s makin of things all over... so a president of the internet would probably have as requirements an IQ as low as possible and the ability to be dumber than a brick Wink
aaronmac
youssef wrote:
i've heard that the president of the internet would be elected and i'd like to know your opnions!

..Internet prez? wtfBBQ?
skinnykhalida
lol, i heard a company cxalled RIA wanted to shutdown the internet. and if, somehow, the internet gets shutdown (cause anything is possible), people will most likely be making their own internet(s) starting from networks. like how there used to be intranet... im sure theres private networks out there only for certain people *ahem! government! ahem*

so we can just make our own, then join forces(i wanted to put join forces cuz it sounds cool Laughing ) and make internet again =D
crasso
Would he or she dress in html or Flash fashion? Twisted Evil
Anticollie
I believe Al Gore already occupies this position.

Quote:

"I gave you the internet, and I can take it away!"
-Al Gore.

or, the more truthful quote,

Quote:

I took the initiative in creating the Internet.
-Al Gore

There is no beating the Internet, this much, I am sure of. It is too valueable, and the RIAA couldn't if it wanted to. There is not giant switch labeled "Internetz!" with an on/off switch. it'd take a LOT of work, money, lawyers, and probably... police intervention, to destroy the internet. And even then... there's no way it'd be gone. Hell, our phones, TVs, and various toher electronics use private servers to download updates and such off of. The internet is here to stay... and that's 100% definate ^_^

Anticollie.
sbel
indeedwrestling wrote:
Yes. His first action will be the creation of the department of gullible. He's interested if you'd like to accept a chairperson seat.

Laughing
I think he would fit.

It's not possible. As if there's no better authority in the world to be given away.
frozenhead
youssef wrote:

corey wrote:

Sometimes its better to not do drugs before you go to message boards and forums. Really.Rolling Eyes

crasso wrote:

Would he or she dress in html or Flash fashion? Twisted Evil

Haha! This is so entertaining than I thought. Really. Laughing
peaceninja
the internet should not have a president, i think it should have some watchdogs but not one single person overseeing it!
fashioncrimewave
maybe it's an honorary position, like Miss America.
zeene
OK, let's see how that will work.
DizzyDesign
No way! Its enough with presidents in reall life. Even on the internet to have politicians it's to much for me. Jeez!
lagoon
That really must be the most pointless political position in the whole world. Even more pointless than Boris Johnson.
deanhills
Am almost certain once we have a President of the Internet in place, that he would expect to be paid for this with plenty of rules and regulations and excuses for levying taxes, next thing more than double taxation. Bye bye Internet ... Smile

At first glance the idea of a President of the Internet sounded weird, however not so far-fetched if you start to think about it.
justtj
if i would have the choice to elect, then it would be richard stallman Smile
Coclus
That is one of these awesome urban legends..
agustin
oh really? i didnt know about that. Well... i dont know... I hope he would do something good I guess.
j_f_k
Rico wrote:
It would be interesting to hear exactly where you heard this. Although an image comes to mind that used to plague the pages of MAD Magazine in the days of my youth. It was a picture punting Alfred E. Newman for president. Maybe he should become the president of the internet.

What a horrible thought - on the other hand the good Mr Newman would have been a better pres of the US than the present incumbent on many fronts (looks and intelligence to name but 2).

I'll nominate myself - some experience in the general area of presidency - (not quite as much as I would have liked)

First thing I'd do as pres would be to introduce digital signing for smtp servers so that e-mails can be verified as really coming from who they say they come from and all else automatically ignored. This will stop spam.
deanhills
j_f_k wrote:
First thing I'd do as pres would be to introduce digital signing for smtp servers so that e-mails can be verified as really coming from who they say they come from and all else automatically ignored. This will stop spam.

Think there is always an offsetting price to pay for anything. Once you have verification in place, both good and not so good people can verify where you come from. I think I would prefer spam. As there are other ways you can work with it. I think what you are recommending is not as farfetched, and will likely be with us soon, but it will be the beginning of the end of freedom on the Internet. Next thing you will have the Governments insisting on ID numbers and everyone tracking where you are going. Rules and regulations just like in real life. Government interference in freedom of movement on the Internet. Who wants that?