FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Remote computer monitoring

Tasa
Ok I need to make it possible for someone to spy on me. See what I am doing what I have done and so on. I need to let someone be able to do this and me not know when they are doing it and make it hard if not impossible for me to turn off. And it needs to be secure so no one else can use it to get on and see what I am doing. Any suggestions?
pozzler
Hello,

when using Windows XP, you can explicitly request remote assistance (Start->Programs->Remote assistance) and the person helping you can view your screen.
On the other hand, there are some great commercial products out there, like FogCreek Copilot - see https://www.copilot.com/ for more detailed information.

The low-end and sometimes sufficient solution for computer monitoring is VNC (free). There are numerous products out there, see for example:
http://www.realvnc.com/download.html
or Google for it Smile

That is the obtrusive way (you can always mess with remote desktop that way).
The simple way to see what a user has done is to install software that performs sceeen capture on regular basis - like TimeSnapper. This consumes hard drive but is best solution for some cases.

Hope that helps

Wojtek
ocalhoun
Use Ultra VNC with view-only mode.
Then the person who would be controlling the other computer is not allowed to use input devices, resulting in a view-only environment.

My high-school used to use that.