FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firmware Updating! Please Help :S

MetalCoreModz
Hey, I need to install a new Firmware version to my DVD R drive but when I download the firware, click it, it comes up with command prompt and says "Error! Available Target Not Found".

Im using a "Pioneer DVD RW DVR-109" and im trying to install the "DVR-129" firmware onto it but I get that message every single time! Confused

If anyone knows why im getting this error or what im doing wrong, please help!

Thnx
gh0stface
Well, from the error message that you have provided, it looks like that you are trying to update the wrong firmware for your DVD-RW drive...

I googled your model and came up with this firmware version: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3424/276689257DVRx09_FW158.zip

Here's also the UK link: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/download.jsp?dir=/files/support/dvrup&filename=R109_FW158EU.EXE
LethcanAernis
Sure you read their readme how to update the firmware? I know some demand you to create floppy or other media that can be used during bootup.

Very Happy
SoftStag
From the readme:
Quote:
Make sure there is no disc in the drive and then run the update executable file, and follow the prompts. Some drive models are very similar so if the update is not able to "find a tartget drive" please be sure to check that the update you have is the correct one for your drive model.

sounds like you may have the wrong firmware for the drive. You should check to see what the drive is listed as in Device Manager to confirm the model number.
MetalCoreModz
Ok, thanks a lot for that guys Very Happy

Turns out it was the wrong Firmware, the one that gh0stface came up with worked fine though! Thanks a lot guys Very Happy

Wink
gh0stface
I'm glad that I could help out Smile
If you need this topic to be re-opened, PM me or any other mods to do so.

-Locked-