FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free website building tools

xyweb
hope people dont know about this site it allows you to download free programs to build sites recommendations:-

drawplus4 and

webplus6

www.freeserifsoftware.com
monzoncf
Thanks for sharing man. Great software, too.
qbawler311
Most software is free if you can get past some minor ethical boundaries.
tijn01
I like your interpretation of free...... if you can get round some minor ethical issues..... hahaha
DoctorBeaver
I'm not a lover of Serif software. The biggest problem is that it uses proprietary formats that other software can't read.

Webplus is OK if you just want a basic site but you'll need to do some manual tweaking of the HTML to get the pages to render properly across browsers.

Drawplus has some good features and I sometimes use it for banners - but that's all. For everything else I use Adobe Photoshop which came free with my PC.

If you go to www.snapfiles.com there are plenty of WYSIWYG webpage builders and GIMP is a better free option than Drawplus.
goutha
I use HTML-kit for html and xml development and its a great software.

Thanks for the link.
zjosie729
Thanks! I'm always looking for free stuff.
sodredge
Since we are talking about free and useful this site really comes in handy when for whatever reason I can not get to the Adobe.

http://www3.blibs.com/animation-factory/
Loghete
Note Pad is the best free website building tool ever.
napowan
I actually prefer Araneae (google it, it is free) over notepad. Araneae actually lines up the code on the correct lines that systems show errors with, and notepad is just a layout mess with code.

These Serif Applications are great, I have used them for many of my websites. Before someone told me about these, I was stuck with Paint, which was terrible because it didn't have any animation or anything that would further enhance pictures.
dz9c
Uh, what about NVU? Nvu is really good... I used to use it but I stopped using it I forget the reason. I got Dreamweaver 8, Frontpage 2003, WebEditor 2006, and some other crap.
-SonyGamer
Thanks for sharing, dude!
Daniel15
dz9c wrote:
Uh, what about NVU? Nvu is really good... I used to use it but I stopped using it I forget the reason. I got Dreamweaver 8, Frontpage 2003, WebEditor 2006, and some other crap.

Yeah, I use Nvu for my site. I actually find that Nvu usually renders CSS designs much better than Dreamweaver does Smile
erlendhg
Earlier I used 1stPage 2000, but after the new version came out (which I don't like that much) I code everything myself.

Even if I think Frontpage is a crappy program, I use it to sort my files in a workspace (web-folder), so it is easier to edit them and make new files.
etienne
check this site: www.bravenet.com